The full set be written soon (not Soon™). For now, here are some basic rules:
- Godwin's Law - If Godwin's Law applies, the thread is over. For the purpose of this board, any comparison of a person to another person an average person definitely wouldn't want to be compared to is to be considered an invocation of Godwin's Law.
- Rule 34 & Rule 35 - Rule 34 states: "If it exists, there is porn of it." Rule 35 states: "If no such porn exists, it will be made." While the accuracy of these laws are not contested, their subject has no place on this website. Any (soft-)pornography will be removed. So will you.
- The Ad Hominem, Flames and Trolls - While a good strong discussion is always welcomed on a forum, it would of course be boring if everyone always agreed on everything, there are certain discussion techniques that are at the very least frowned upon. Playing a discussion on the man instead of the subject (Ad Hominem), using verbal abuse targeted at other users (flaming) or trying to incite flaming in others (trolling) shall not be tolerated. If you cannot win a discussion with arguments, agree to disagree or leave the discussion. Like Bilbo Baggins, we slay the trolls.
- Skitt's Law - Expressed as "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself" or "the likelihood of an error in a post is directly proportional to the embarrassment it will cause the poster." It is an online version of the proofreading truism Murphy’s Law, also known as Hartman's Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation: "any article or statement about correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling is bound to contain at least one eror". Posts about typos are extremely annoying and rude. Don't make them.
- Copyrighted and NDA material - This applies all over the internet: do not post material you are not allowed to post. If you happen to "find" some screenshots from the latest Palantir build, keep them to yourself. If you happen to find a really cool MP3 sharing website, keep it to yourself.