Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An interesting observation...

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since Sapience went out of town posts here appear to have dropped off somewhat. On the LOTRO forums the number of daily posted have increased quite noticeably.

So the LOTRO community interaction and various discussions increase when the community manager is gone. What does that say about the Community Manager?

Posted · Report post

That he isn't deleting posts right now.

Posted · Report post

I think it goes back to the Arenanet and Turbine lag post a few days ago, they dont want anymore bashing here :/

Posted · Report post

I really wasn't bashing just making an observation. Not so much to do with post deletions over there either.

I host a lot of web sites some of them are very large social sites. Some of these social sites are totally dependent on their community managers for their existence. I see their web statistics and know when some of these guys/gals go away for a few days their communities drop drastically in traffic and post counts.

I was just making the observation that it seems to be just the opposite on the LOTRO forums. I bet they could actually make those forums more of a healthy social community if they wanted to. Instead it seems they would rather try and rely on facebook/twitter for that.

Posted · Report post

Objectively speaking, that guy is doing a lot of damage to Turbine as a company. Worse is whoever is allowing that policy to go on unchecked, since it's rubbing off on junior staff members (you'll see at the end of this tl:dr).

He's basically about as damaging as the lag issue, and then worsens it. I have already counted in my kin alone, and that's not counting bunch of newer players I don't know too well who look up to us for recomendations, 25 people who refuse to buy Rohan until they see what Turbine does about the lag. Minimum $1k less already. Out of those 25, at least 15 including myself were once upon a time willing to chuck anywhere between $50-$100 a month (including subscription) into LOTRO (I collectED horses until Turbine hit us with like 6 in a row, and I do value a well cosmetic'ed character.. plus the occasional rep accelerator for getting that third toon up to speed faster, that kinda stuff).

Multiply that by tons of kins times tons of servers, and couple it with the recurring "I complained about lag and got an infraction" theme, like the kinmate who recently posted a ticket about lag so a GM would document the badass raid-wide lag, and got infracted. Need I say more.

"Why is the official lag thread so empty?"

"People are either afraid, have quit, or been banned"

Posted · Report post

Objectively speaking, that guy is doing a lot of damage to Turbine as a company. Worse is whoever is allowing that policy to go on unchecked, since it's rubbing off on junior staff members.

QFT; although you've forgotten that by his attitude & behaviour he also encourages the fanbois to do his dirty work for him. Or were you counting them as "junior staff"? ;)

He's basically about as damaging as the lag issue

NQFT. I reckon he, single-handedly, does more damage than even their shitty quest / grindfest, programming, and appallingly poor QA. Why? Because any of those other things will lead you to the forum, where you will then get hammered for trying to find out what's going on (see also above).

Posted · Report post

My wife quit because of his lapdoggy being as douchey as he is. Einstein perma banned my wife for life for having the same IP as me. No shit sherlock, we also have the same address, same last name, use the same creditcard and shit in the same toilet but ITS STILL NOT ME. So, my wife has quit the game, there goes the past 8 months of subs not to mention RoR and who knows what kind of TP my wife may or maynot have purchased. If the really bosses at Turbine could see this there would be a drastic change, naturally when we asked for a number or email address to use to complain about this we were threatened with a game ban.

Posted · Report post

Aw, that's too bad. :(

In regards to it being slower here.. well, nothing much interesting going on at the official forums I guess. I'm not finding much to read at all. The lull before the expansion I guess.. until we find out something bad about Rohan whenever they decide to lift the NDA.

Posted · Report post

Aw, that's too bad. :(

In regards to it being slower here.. well, nothing much interesting going on at the official forums I guess. I'm not finding much to read at all. The lull before the expansion I guess.. until we find out something bad about Rohan whenever they decide to lift the NDA.

We should find out more before then. There is no NDA for those at Gamescom, so hopefully some of the people there can post and let us know more

Posted · Report post

What I'd kinda ... love atm... is LOTRO showcasing something at one of those conventions and middle of presentation... BAM, frozen for 2 minutes, disconnected from server,and 20 minutes unsuccessfully trying to reconnect... now THAT would be pure karma.

Posted · Report post

I'm waiting for some brave soul to post another GW2 thread.

;)

Posted · Report post

My wife quit because of his lapdoggy being as douchey as he is. Einstein perma banned my wife for life for having the same IP as me. No shit sherlock, we also have the same address, same last name, use the same creditcard and shit in the same toilet but ITS STILL NOT ME. So, my wife has quit the game, there goes the past 8 months of subs not to mention RoR and who knows what kind of TP my wife may or maynot have purchased. If the really bosses at Turbine could see this there would be a drastic change, naturally when we asked for a number or email address to use to complain about this we were threatened with a game ban.

One day, Ricky will have to come face-to-face with the consequences of his actions, in whatever form that will take, and he knows it. So, his choices are to either ignore it and keep riding the wave or pack up and go; he has chosen the former, which, unfortunately, will bring the worse end to the matter.

Posted · Report post

Well, I can say that I've been quiet on these forums the last few days not because I was otherwise occupied on the official forums in Rick's absence, but because I was just otherwise occupied. Knocked out two podcasts (this week's and one for Labor Day weekend), played a lot of "The Secret World" and did the GW2 stress test on Sunday. Almost logged into LOTRO for a bit, but took a nap instead. Watched some pre-season NFL Football.

Good times.

Posted · Report post

football-handegg.jpg

*Trolls the troll for trolling's sake*

Posted · Report post

Well, I can say that I've been quiet on these forums the last few days not because I was otherwise occupied on the official forums in Rick's absence, but because I was just otherwise occupied. Knocked out two podcasts (this week's and one for Labor Day weekend), played a lot of "The Secret World" and did the GW2 stress test on Sunday. Almost logged into LOTRO for a bit, but took a nap instead. Watched some pre-season NFL Football.

Good times.

I missed a stress test? DAMNIT!!! I went back to ToR until my sub runs out in a week and then a week until GW2. I think I'm done with LOTRO. Between the lag and the asshats that have taken over PvP on my server I just can't do it any longer.

Posted · Report post

Sunday's stress test was only an hour long so you didn't miss much.

Posted · Report post

Sunday's stress test was only an hour long so you didn't miss much.

Well, I liked it. Smooth, no lag or disconnects while I played, and it looks like they've optimized the engine a lot, because my FPS was a lot higher than in the betas.

Posted · Report post

Well sure it went really well. Was just too short! :P Someone on the facebook thread where they announced this short test said the company was like a crack dealer. ^^

Posted · Report post

Heh. Was even shorter for me, cos I was running a LotRO group from halfway through. On the other hand, I fired up GW2 yesterday, out of idle curiousity, and it did a full patch of 11K files, so there may yet be another stress test before release...

Posted · Report post

Heh. Was even shorter for me, cos I was running a LotRO group from halfway through. On the other hand, I fired up GW2 yesterday, out of idle curiousity, and it did a full patch of 11K files, so there may yet be another stress test before release...

I saw a post from ANet about that new patch yesterday, and it was implied that another stress test may be on the way (a teaser). I thought it was on Twitter, but if it was, the post was removed.

Posted · Report post

Bring it ooooooooooooooooooooon! :Y;)

Posted · Report post

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

From Facebook. QED! :)

Posted · Report post

Well, doesn't look like Sapience is necessary to get ridiculous infractions. I got one from someone called Isdring, who stupidly didn't quote my post but instead linked to it... though he deleted it. I'll paraphrase as close as possible what I wrote.

'It's clear you aren't in the beta. You're wrong on all counts.'

It was in reference to someone making claims that directly contradict statements released by Turbine. Apparently this Isdring thought that was enough to say I was breaking NDA (regardless of the fact I'm not in the beta or releasing any information about it).

Posted · Report post

Dispute it. You can't break an NDA that you haven't been required to keep (nor have revealed information from).

Posted · Report post

I second Dal's motion!