Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkJ

An interesting observation...

44 posts in this topic

You should win that appeal. That's a ridiculous infraction.

I'm not going anywhere near Dal's motions. Eeeeeew! :r

How do you appeal? I've tried contacting the mod but they seem to be ignoring me.

Dispute it. You can't break an NDA that you haven't been required to keep (nor have revealed information from).

It's not a matter of the NDA, it's because 'being wrong' is an actual rule. You won't find it in the COC, but the mods do use it as a reason to hand out infractions.

Case in point:

Post: Date of FAQ correction. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?6226857&p=6226857#post6226857

Response: "Partial Truths"

k0EUA.png

Post: Date of FAQ correction. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?6226942&p=6226942#post6226942

Response: "Factually in error"

nGEDM.png

Post: http://forums.lotro....056#post6230056 (link and screenshot to old FAQ)

Response: "Factually incorrect"

Qmnzh.png

The first two were appealed via support.turbine.com, complete with links to unpurged blue-name posts, and here's the response:

CiNwh.png

"Trolling" might be the reason cited by the CS department, but I think it's pretty clear from the comments that my infractions and ban were due to posting "incorrect" information.

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

On the drop down box there's an option for forum infraction or appeal I forget which

That's mind boggling, Starvo. And infuriating.

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

On the drop down box there's an option for forum infraction or appeal I forget which

Oh, thanks.

What didja expect...

Got kinmates infracted for submitting a ticket regarding raid-wide lag (wanted a GM to see for himself).

My first infraction was copypasting the email i got from turbine techs regarding lag issue and explaining bit by bit what tests i had done to "clear my pc and isp of blame", and 3 more in a day for editing my threads back to their original form after being "cleaned up" by celestrata and sapience (aka instant perma-moderation).

Infractions given out like candy on the official lag thread for so much as showing emotion.

Ban threats to people asking for Rohan refund.

My appeal to forums' ban: "yes you were trolling!!!! rawr!!! however you've been on moderation too long so that's removed .. you're still banned btw"

Face it, we're not customers. We're scum who should be grateful for being allowed the privilege of paying turbine money, and should not complain if we feel our money's worth isn't given BECAUSE IT IS AND THAT'S THAT.

It's not a matter of the NDA, it's because 'being wrong' is an actual rule. You won't find it in the COC, but the mods do use it as a reason to hand out infractions.

Too funny. Turbine's CS staff is the very last entity that I will take seriously when it comes to their indignation over "partial truths".

Too funny. Turbine's CS staff is the very last entity that I will take seriously when it comes to their indignation over "partial truths".

No kidding, like Sapience telling me that my game-play as a Lifetimer won't change a bit when F2P launches...

What's more rude... angrily complaining to a company for not properly providing the service you paid for....

or........

Taking people's money, not properly providing what was paid for, blaming it on them, demanding that they stop using angry tones, threatening them, effectively blocking their feedback, and still not properly providing what was paid for all the while being obnoxious about new ways they can send you money?

CS is a bad term, they don't see us as customers and refuse to provide the service. Hence why I tend to refer to the whole mess up there as Time-Warner And Turbine.

I hope Jagex doesn't end up going down the same path as it's always been one of my few remaining MMO havens.

CS is a bad term, they don't see us as customers and refuse to provide the service.

The flip side of "customer" is "mug punter", but it's still the same coin. Many people are happy to just to be part of that coin. They do see us as customers, but their chosen ethos is maximum income for minimum outlay. It's a viable business model; just not a good one, in many people's eyes (mine included). I've worked for Facility Management companies in the IT industry. They do exactly the same thing. I don't work for FMers any more, I'm delighted to say.

I think Turbine considers us disposable customers.

Be that as it may, if we really had a Community Manager at LOTRO and not just a moderator we could really change the complexion of the game itself. Honestly if Zuckerberg and Dorsey could do what they did from scratch imagine how much more LOTRO could do with it's starting player/poster base and an intelligent, competent Community Manager...

How do you appeal? I've tried contacting the mod but they seem to be ignoring me.

They have a bad habit of ignoring posters. I've never seen anything like it on any other forum.

It's really stupid.. numbers don't lie... treat me right I have no qualms in shelling $100+ a month on a game (healthier than drinking eh?). Multiply me by say, 1000 more... $200k a month extra just for being reasonable?

They have a bad habit of ignoring posters. I've never seen anything like it on any other forum.

Celestra has ignored me the two times I've tried to appeal negative rep given to me, even though she stated that people should PM her if they feel they've received some wrongly.

Celestra has ignored me the two times I've tried to appeal negative rep given to me, even though she stated that people should PM her if they feel they've received some wrongly.

If you get negative rep, report your own post giving negative rep as the reason. This is what Celestra told me in a PM when I asked her about some negative rep I got.

If you get negative rep, report your own post giving negative rep as the reason. This is what Celestra told me in a PM when I asked her about some negative rep I got.

Yeah, same here. Though sometimes it will seem that they are still ignoring your reports but it's just their way of telling you they agree with the rep in place without actually letting you know.

I tried that the first time. It was ignored as well. I could give you all the details about said post and why the negative rep wasn't at all warranted.. but I know no one's really interested. :P