Dorf

Explore Middle-Earth (56k warning!)

Dorf, how the hell can you go off-map in southern lone-lands and not share a picture of the hidden village there??

Let me do that for you, to raise other ones interest in off-map exploration, the last thing in LOTRO that feels like a real adventure!

Sadly that's the closest you can get :(

lonelandssout2nhtwyprek.jpg

Dorf, you have already helped me a lot in the past with hints to get off-map in specific places, maybe you can also give me a hint about that flying thing. I already read a lot about it on the net and tried to get it going myself for many hours, but still no success.
A PM would be fine?! :)

Dorf, how the hell can you go off-map in southern lone-lands and not share a picture of the hidden village there??

Let me do that for you, to raise other ones interest in off-map exploration, the last thing in LOTRO that feels like a real adventure!

Sadly that's the closest you can get :(

Oh man, I've been in that exact same spot...fuck turbine for including that pointless archet barrier...never seen a LotrO picture more beautiful than that glorious blue sky on green hills.

Anyway, if you want to know about flying it's pretty random but if you want to try to invoke it yourself try standing on the top of the fountain in GV and start a map induction and at the very end of it JUMP.

Full text from Dorf here:

You need to find a body of water, stand in it so you can map out, then start to map out and jump so that you are in air precisely when the induction finishes. I have seen this trick work when the would be exploiter stood on the center of fountain in Glan Vraig and did the jump trick.

Cool, i'll try this the next time i'm in-game, thanks.

Going to Glân Vraig will also feel like an adventure to me as i haven't been there in years since i'm not that PVP-guy... :)

Hello all. Made account here specifically because of this topic. Love seeing all this pictures you posted here. I also try to find spots where i can exit the normal map :) So far i had only seen few, including some in north trollsahws, south and north lone lands, and a little in shire. This is probably my best find, found it accidentaly 2-3 weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wyv_gsszJo; it's the castle at ered luin, very nice. I would also be glad if someone can give me some tips about other spots, in pm, if available. Also any other way how the fly bug triggers?

Hello all. Made account here specifically because of this topic. Love seeing all this pictures you posted here. I also try to find spots where i can exit the normal map :) So far i had only seen few, including some in north trollsahws, south and north lone lands, and a little in shire. This is probably my best find, found it accidentaly 2-3 weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wyv_gsszJo; it's the castle at ered luin, very nice. I would also be glad if someone can give me some tips about other spots, in pm, if available. Also any other way how the fly bug triggers?

Nice find, is the forest in south and west of the castle explorable?

North 50m from castle is invisible wall, you can drop in river but only swim for about 100m, imeadiately west of castle is wall aswell, south you can reach as far as opposite of kheledul. So pretty much closed. There is biv area though north, between thorins hall and wardspire.. Preety much green fields, some funny terrain and one sign pole ;)

Is there any way the spot west from michel delving can be at leats seen from afar? I heard it can't be reached for sure.

In case someone here doesn't know it already, there is a great thread in another forum that is exclusively about off-map-exploring.

It's a long abandoned fan-forum, overtaken by spambots and such, but that one thread is somewhat still active, with only a few active members left, sometimes not posting anything for many months, but mostly whenever a new add-on is released they come back for a while just to do some exploration in the new regions.

They're mostly people that have moved on to other games a long time ago but can't let go of the game for that challenging little exploration game.

The thread goes back 'til 2008 and is about the most compiled info about exploring in lotro you can find on the net. Of course, in all these years, many exits have been locked by turbine, and many great screenshots from awesome off-map locations have expired from the imagehosting sites they have once been uploaded to.

However, it's still fun to read even without the screenshots, i have it bookmarked since many years and check in there for news every once in a while.

Recommended for all my exploring friends  ;-)

http://www.lotrolife.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sbgdb0hbgbaidbjnps212luak7&topic=163.0

(Check the screenshots in the last post of page 22, this is so awesome! You will never ever get that far off-map again :( Also brings some back nostalgic memories when i see the old map...  : )

http://www.lotrolife.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sbgdb0hbgbaidbjnps212luak7&topic=163.315

my god....

why did they have to add that stupid fucking archet barrier?

Thank you for that link to that forum, wish it was still active.

View of Shire from north:

uAXMqHh.jpg

qTdFywO.jpg

JKrmVGc.jpg

The Hobbit village west of Michel Delving:

8IFusAx.jpg

a65zDkn.jpg

vI5iygY.jpg

iPjrfqe.jpg

JXw2H1U.jpg

The lake in between Evendim and Ered-Luin:

Map location

XBZtPQc.jpg

YOKFlx1.jpg

p9ZmZuc.jpg

DChv57y.jpg

gAOAAhM.jpg

JB6tXWD.jpg

Somewhere between Evendim and Ered-Luin:

a6Dv7PN.jpg

VGPHs89.jpg

why does this game look so stunning out of bounds? is it the sky or the grass...?

On 7.9.2014 at 9:54 PM, Dakilven said:

why does this game look so stunning out of bounds? is it the sky or the grass...?

It is the Freedom

IXlcYGB.jpg

It is the Freedom

TheFreedom.jpg

hey dorf, did you do any exploring in the paths of the dead yet?

First, Obama to Putin:

"Mr. President, we need to talk about Crimea"

130516180747-obama-in-rose-garden-story-

Then,

Putin:

"Cry me a river!"

article-2517383-19CE497000000578-268_306

Then, the US:

TheFreedom.jpg

sorry, what was the topic again?

It really bothers me that i will never be able to see that hidden hobbit village in the shire or swim in that Evendim-Ered Luin lake like Dorf did... :

It really bothers me that i will never be able to see that hidden hobbit village in the shire or swim in that Evendim-Ered Luin lake like Dorf did... :

I don't see the point of the Archet barrier other then to prove ineptitude. 

Instead of like, you know, fixing the map  fixing the same out-of-bounds paths that were in the game since 2007, let's just add invisible walls everywhere or the archet barrier.

hey dorf, did you do any exploring in the paths of the dead yet?

No i haven't, i have only been to the new zone twice but it was enough to establish that Turbine has really gone overboard with the invisible walls. You could walk out of the map in many places in Gondor if it was not for the invisible walls blocking it.

I don't see the point of the Archet barrier other then to prove ineptitude. 

Instead of like, you know, fixing the map  fixing the same out-of-bounds paths that were in the game since 2007, let's just add invisible walls everywhere or the archet barrier.

Turbine's lazyness at it's best.

The ss i posted earlier show that already back when Enedwaith was launched along with F2P, the lazyness of Turbine is winning over other practical solutions.

Placing an invisible wall on a flat terrain is beyond lazy.

In SW:TOR on Tatooine they at least added some toxic fumes or something like this to prevent you from going any further in a flat area.

I am not 100% sure, but as everyone noticed you can't do nothing about invisible walls, but fix me unassigned area that ports you to starter are, supposedly you can enter it with some bug, and then you won't get ported.. at least that is what someone told me.. there are numerous areas where there are less walls and more fix me areas so it's worth trying, you never know..

I am not 100% sure, but as everyone noticed you can't do nothing about invisible walls, but fix me unassigned area that ports you to starter are, supposedly you can enter it with some bug, and then you won't get ported.. at least that is what someone told me.. there are numerous areas where there are less walls and more fix me areas so it's worth trying, you never know..

HOW

HOW???

OP PLS

also enjoy this video: 

OP PLS

also enjoy this video: 

Even back then, before the teleporters existed, that hidden village has been walled off }:|

Have you guys seen this album? Many awesome pics in there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108957464340737333198/LOTROOutOfBounds

How can the flying bug be started? Other than in GV? Does anyone know? Dorf??

Even back then, before the teleporters existed, that hidden village has been walled off }:|

Have you guys seen this album? Many awesome pics in there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108957464340737333198/LOTROOutOfBounds

How can the flying bug be started? Other than in GV? Does anyone know? Dorf??

Just so you know, there were more than one ways to get to the hidden hobbit village.

The only flying i have done was very early in the game (think it was fixed by the end of 2007 or maybe somewhere in 2008). It could have been started in Archet but as we can see from Dorf ss, it can still be done in some areas?