LOTROCommunity
Dorf

Explore Middle-Earth (56k warning!)

Even back then, before the teleporters existed, that hidden village has been walled off }:|

Have you guys seen this album? Many awesome pics in there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108957464340737333198/LOTROOutOfBounds

How can the flying bug be started? Other than in GV? Does anyone know? Dorf??

Well the other way is pure luck, someone started to fly when he exited Little Delving, he just heard a splash and his char started to fly, another player started to fly when he bought a swift travel from Cliving, myself i started to fly when i jumped off a waterfall in the new map.

Don't do the following things if you get the flying bug: mounting up or swimming. You can be summoned and still retain your ability to fly but your character only flies if it at lower height than where the flying bug initially occured. I don't know if using map or any other fast travel skill takes your ability to fly away.

friendly reminder to all explorers

water that you may find out of the matrix is not friendly water

try avoid swimming in it, you may get swallowed by it and fall through the world and/or insta incap.

i call it "satan's swimming pool"

this information was figured out barely 20 minutes before making this post

friendly reminder to all explorers

water that you may find out of the matrix is not friendly water

try avoid swimming in it, you may get swallowed by it and fall through the world and/or insta incap.

i call it "satan's swimming pool"

this information was figured out barely 20 minutes before making this post

Sounds horrible, sorry to hear this.

What happened then? Could you rescue your char? Or did you contact a GM?

Where did this happen (just to make sure i won't get trapped the same way)?

Sounds horrible, sorry to hear this.

What happened then? Could you rescue your char? Or did you contact a GM?

Where did this happen (just to make sure i won't get trapped the same way)?

eventually i was able to retreat to the graveyard (was stuck, then incap)

this was south of the lonelands, said satans swimming pool was the river between trollshaws & ll

it was some scary shit

eventually i was able to retreat to the graveyard (was stuck, then incap)

this was south of the lonelands, said satans swimming pool was the river between trollshaws & ll

it was some scary shit

Glad to hear that you were able to save your char.

I have been swimming in there too, but haven't had any issues.

Did you swim downwards to the south to check out how far you can go?

This may be a reason, maybe you have crossed the line where you get teleported away when you're on land-based terrain, but maybe the game acts different when you cross this line while in beeing in the water. Or do you know that you have been far away from said "teleporting-line"?

Did you swim downwards to the south to check out how far you can go?

This may be a reason, maybe you have crossed the line where you get teleported away when you're on land-based terrain, but maybe the game acts different when you cross this line while in beeing in the water. Or do you know that you have been far away from said "teleporting-line"?

i dont think the archet barrier exists there (well yes it does in the surrounding plain but not the water), but rather an invisible wall. sad that the most beautiful scenery is always walled off

i was tracing the wall towards the Trollshaws just to see if I could find anything interesting.

bad, bad, BAD mistake. DONT swim in there.

I just have to add that i have given outdated advice, the GV flying bug has been fixed some time ago.

darn, I was wondering if I was just down on my luck or something after all those attempts hah,

so there's no surefire way of doing it then?

I just have to add that i have given outdated advice, the GV flying bug has been fixed some time ago.

Of course, bugs like this get fixed immediately, while other, much more significant ones exist for years and years...

Those evil, evil off-map explorers!! :+

Of course, bugs like this get fixed immediately, while other, much more significant ones exist for years and years...

Those evil, evil off-map explorers!! :+

They only fixed flying because it was able to occur in the moors, to both freep and creep.

Turbine really does pay some attention to that place despite the complete lack of significant updates, it's really strange to try and describe. Surrounding the entire ettenmoors is a gigantic killbox and whole fucking armada of invisible walls. Any exploits (i don't mean overpowered creeps) in the moors are fixed pretty fast compared to the rest of the game.

It's probably because they realize that once you ding 100 you have literally nothing to do except grind your gear and PvMP. Gotta atleast make it playable.

They only fixed flying because it was able to occur in the moors, to both freep and creep.

Turbine really does pay some attention to that place despite the complete lack of significant updates, it's really strange to try and describe. Surrounding the entire ettenmoors is a gigantic killbox and whole fucking armada of invisible walls. Any exploits (i don't mean overpowered creeps) in the moors are fixed pretty fast compared to the rest of the game.

It's probably because they realize that once you ding 100 you have literally nothing to do except grind your gear and PvMP. Gotta atleast make it playable.

Turbine is only quick in fixing bugs in the moors because they realized it's the last remaining reason for people to stay VIP :*)

Turbine is only quick in fixing bugs in the moors because they realized it's the last remaining reason for people to stay VIP :*)

Nah, it's because that's where they think Weathertop is, and they don't want to upset LMB.

Anyone know if there are some possibilities of climbing up mountains that are enclosing glan vraig? If someone knows, pm would be very nice :D

Not sure now, but it surely used to be possible to at least go a bit off the map near GV to 'unassigned: Fix Me' area. That was one of the way to summon very low chars to Ettens long time ago.

I know it was possible to get to GV as a creep from DG but also not sure about it now.

I would bet that none of the above is possible anymore but i don't play in Ettens anymore...

Not sure now, but it surely used to be possible to at least go a bit off the map near GV to 'unassigned: Fix Me' area. That was one of the way to summon very low chars to Ettens long time ago.

I know it was possible to get to GV as a creep from DG but also not sure about it now.

I would bet that none of the above is possible anymore but i don't play in Ettens anymore...

yeah, as a reaver you used to be able to charge up the ruins. I doubt you can now though with all the Effort Walls of Invisiblity

There's no point in trying to get out of the etts, turbine surrounded it with an Effort force-field of Lethality

Well, i am not trying to go out of moors on monster player, just want to climb the walls.. There must be some way, think i've seen somewhere some reference to that someone did it.

Well, i am not trying to go out of moors on monster player, just want to climb the walls.. There must be some way, think i've seen somewhere some reference to that someone did it.

There indeed used to be a way, but now it's definitely unusable. Because the dumbasses who found it made a youtube video so Turbine can fix it with more effort walls.

If there are any more ways, which there most likely are, probably somebody else could help.

Okey, thanks. I know there used to be a way, but just thought there might still be some ways open, not to get to other regions, but at least to walk around borders of em map.

So i managed to get above glain vraig. Most frustrating jump ever :) and there is little to nothing to see there.. I can only see northern trollshaws, about where lost temple is, and the area between trollshaes and em which is empty.. Walls are everywhere ofcourse. If it ever existed that elf house somewhere south of gv i think its probably out of reach now. I will post some screenahots later in the day..

Lost temple, copied up in the sky:

ScreenShot00180_zps5065d402.jpg

Rivendell Valley

ScreenShot00173_zpsecd43888.jpg

GV vantage point

ScreenShot00206_zpsa074d2b7.jpg

Area between Ettenmoors and North Trollshaws

ScreenShot00195_zpsbf4f031e.jpg

North Ered Luin sign in middle of nowhere

ScreenShot00129_zpsbdc4e88a.jpg

. Any exploits (i don't mean overpowered creeps) in the moors are fixed pretty fast compared to the rest of the game.

This made me laugh out loud!

On Nimrodel a warg played by the biggest asshat on the service got into GV and killed the biggest star hugger on the server......and then posted the screen shot. It was a win win for me, asshat got banned and hugger lost some rating.