LOTROCommunity
Dorf

Explore Middle-Earth (56k warning!)

Nice pictures Pontin, this is also one of my absolute favorite places to go, but i prefer the old forest cemetery, did you go there too?

Spoiler

oldforestgrave1lrhda5fc7.jpg

To add something, this is also a spot i really like, pretty nice views from here. It's above the festival garden in Duillont :)

Spoiler

screenshot002627prvz6lkh2.jpg

screenshot00264af2x56gipo.jpg

screenshot00270kqbu8g7eiw.jpg

The douche-bags at Standing Still Games ruined this once so cool place for explorers, the ruins in Haudh lin in Ered Luin.

They made a real jungle out of this place :(

Before, until a few months ago:

Spoiler

abovekheledul3fm0q9s2at.jpg

eredluincastlrbilo70msx.jpg

Now, after one of the last updates:

Spoiler

screenshot00650ub18ztipc6.jpg

screenshot00637vlt9dr5b4a.jpg

What a senseless change... :(

An Area in Western Balewood where you encounter Undiscovered Territory, access is easy and doesnt require any mods.

Co-ords approx 33.7S 74.8W at borderScreenShot00008.thumb.jpg.d99287d7e0dc6957189e624e364eaa69.jpgScreenShot00008.thumb.jpg.d99287d7e0dc6957189e624e364eaa69.jpg

ScreenShot00007.thumb.jpg.30f2ccac92e7d2c86255b29a4e1ae0c0.jpgScreenShot00006.thumb.jpg.4adc820c3bba863a5dc483e2e0caa838.jpgScreenShot00004.thumb.jpg.6f8a1c09d95200abdbac65375677ad07.jpgScreenShot00003.thumb.jpg.2700f2c13e6e6bad612d53cd047fe841.jpgScreenShot00005.thumb.jpg.5d49d97ef6f333f48a744ad3dbec4fa6.jpg

12 hours ago, Brystan_ said:

An Area in Western Balewood where you encounter Undiscovered Territory, access is easy and doesnt require any mods.

Thank you for sharing, Brystan. This is one of a few hidden areas that do not even require a single jump. However, I doubt that anyone in this thread is using mods to reach certain areas. Many routes involve difficult jumps and/or techniques which most players do not know.

While browsing the offical forums the other day i came up with a completely random thought - has anyone ever been out exploring and having Erebrandirs Horseshoe equipped? :)

I doubt it will have any effect, but who knows, this thing sometimes changes little things in the game, like giving a buff, changes lines in quest texts or spawning extra NPCs. They never said what all of it's effects are...

I equipped it and tried to visit hobbit & squirrels but no luck, invisible wall still wouldn't let me pass, and escaping in the southern lone-lands towards the hidden village still resulted in a port.

Anyone tried this also in other places?

I know it is a total crazy idea, but hey, who knows... ;)

New to exploration and this forum.

I had done some exploration before but I didn't quite know many exit points until I found this thread (and some others from Google). With the help of ibfe77, I learned a lot about jumping mechanics and exit points so I could explore the Middle-Earth more thoroughly.

The first five screenshots are recent and were taken while exploring with ibfe77. Screenshots of the north of the Trollshaws were with my other friend.

I know these pictures are nothing new but it doesn't hurt to bring some activity to this thread. :)

ScreenShot00046.jpg

ScreenShot00035.jpg

ScreenShot00048.jpg

ScreenShot00049.jpg

ScreenShot00050.jpg

ScreenShot00021.jpg

ScreenShot00017.jpg

ScreenShot00044.jpg

• Upvote 1

I would like to share some screenshots of my offmap exploring in Mordor.

Entering Nurn:

Spoiler

ScreenShot08130.thumb.jpg.ef66927a34334fe35daebca44dc661a5.jpg

High above Talath Úrui:

Spoiler

ScreenShot08120.thumb.jpg.bfba09c7bde52ee066b075382c133110.jpg

A valley west of Durthang:

Spoiler

ScreenShot08364.thumb.jpg.ed921a917df5adb2c8af6aaa323123c2.jpg

A closer look at Minas Morgul:

Spoiler

ScreenShot08511.thumb.jpg.4e399e8e92b285f6a0807fad1af41a91.jpg

• Like 1

Don't know but wondering has anyone else done this since bree revamp? i know its not off the map, but on world chat i was told its impossible to get on top of the prancing pony, but i found a way.

ScreenShot00274.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think i have been on top of the Prancing Pony after the horrendous Bree revamp.Anyways, nice beard and outfit you got there:

QedeE8v.jpg

since photobucket no longer allows remote loading of images, testing out if new site works as see lots of old posts with dead photo links.

Mirkwood at night is kinda impressive around Dol Guldur areas:

Y9iUqn2.jpg

so that works, nice to have a freeloading photo site that works ;)

/end test post :P

Northern Mirkwood & Dale Lands.

On the other side of the Forest Gate:

InlzlkZ.jpg

9rpYZf8.jpg

6BewlmV.jpg

Above Mirkwood:

raKxbyn.jpg

To the Beorning Lands:

cDTWKmO.jpg

On the top of Caras Tilion:

RvdZxcQ.jpg

To the Fields of Celduin:

9vUaApz.jpg

Apparently SSG have now decided to destroy the older regions of the game by changing the terrain, adding useless frills and even more invisible walls. Details in this thread on the OF. RIP Bree-land and Ered Luin.

Whoa yeah, this sucks hard.

Hate how all the butt-munches in the comments are whining "thank you for this and welcome back blabla", pure cancer.

When will this shit go live? Because i haven't played seriously in a long time anyway, but when i am finally no longer able to reach the off-map places in the old regions, i will be completely done with this crapfest that has once been a great game.

It's already on Bullroarer and will go live with the next update 22.2. They want to continue this bullshit and ruin the remaining regions in the following updates.

In southern Ered Luin, we have begun the process of recomposing the look of the mountains surrounding the playable areas to match our current standards

"Current standards" = copy paste Mordor mountain, copy paste Gondor trees, add invisible walls everywhere around

Nen Hilith in current live version:

ScreenShot13168.thumb.jpg.d51b3a8cdcf8e61a25523781f447517c.jpg

New version:

ScreenShotnew.thumb.jpg.b32ec2a8bdb990d14fa9e6e54303569f.jpg

Uhm... what?? :r

Think i have seen enough, if this will come i'm done with the game.

Content has already been very poor over the last years, the only thing that still stood out were the old regions, even when they reworked and watered down the quest content there.

But even just riding around there gave me that nostalgic feeling from days long ago again.

The old areas were unique, each one for itself. Can't believe how all the douche bags in the OF celebrate that copy/paste bullshit.

5 hours ago, Jadis said:

It's already on Bullroarer and will go live with the next update 22.2. They want to continue this bullshit and ruin the remaining regions in the following updates.

"Current standards" = copy paste Mordor mountain, copy paste Gondor trees, add invisible walls everywhere around

Nen Hilith in current live version:

ScreenShot13168.thumb.jpg.d51b3a8cdcf8e61a25523781f447517c.jpg

New version:

ScreenShotnew.thumb.jpg.b32ec2a8bdb990d14fa9e6e54303569f.jpg

RIP any remaining artistic vision & consistent art style Lotro had after the great Frillocaust of 2016. This update just takes it to a whole new level of bad, like Half-Life 2 Cinematic mod levels of bad. Actually the update is infinitely worse compared to the cinematic mod because nobody is forcing you to install it, you just have droves of idiots recommending it. As a reference to those who are not familiar with Half-Life 2 & the Cinematic mod, I have included a comparison shot of vanilla HL2 and cinematic mod below.

Z1sBYcs.jpg

I had to laugh at the one person asking for a reduction in the giant heads plastered all over Dol Amroth.  Good luck with that.

Jadis, since you are on Bullroarer, did you already find the abandoned camp 2.0 in Andrath ? Is it worth seeing it? What about the oldforest cemetery, is it still there?

RubenRyb aka Yao, an old explorer from the old Lotrolife hobbit&squirrels thread has commented on the OF about the updates...

18 hours ago, ibfe77 said:

Jadis, since you are on Bullroarer, did you already find the abandoned camp 2.0 in Andrath ? Is it worth seeing it? What about the oldforest cemetery, is it still there?

I'll have a look at it once the server is back online. In the meantime, it would make sense to test if areas are still accessible on the live servers. Only yesterday I noticed that it is no longer possible to enter the Unexplored Territory surrounding the hidden village in the southern Lone-Lands.

18 hours ago, ibfe77 said:

RubenRyb aka Yao, an old explorer from the old Lotrolife hobbit&squirrels thread has commented on the OF about the updates...

I appreciate his attempt to convince the developer not to add any additional walls. It seems that other explorers have also expressed their concerns but, judging by the developer's reply on the issue, I doubt it will have any effect. Posting screenshots of off-map places on the OF will only cause more invisible walls to appear.

34 minutes ago, Jadis said:

I'll have a look at it once the server is back online. In the meantime, it would make sense to test if areas are still accessible on the live servers. Only yesterday I noticed that it is no longer possible to enter the Unexplored Territory surrounding the hidden village in the southern Lone-Lands.

I appreciate his attempt to convince the developer not to add any additional walls. It seems that other explorers have also expressed their concerns but, judging by the developer's reply on the issue, I doubt it will have any effect. Posting screenshots of off-map places on the OF will only cause more invisible walls to appear.

Those places would soon be gone forever or at least gated out of the gaming world anyway it seems, so this last attempt by some players to save them won't matter.

Over the last years screenshots of off-map places on the OF would have been a really bad idea, now maybe they see how much love people feel for this places...

On 5/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, ibfe77 said:

Andrath camp has been moved into the playable area:

TCqLjym.jpg

BHcevyL.jpg

Southern Ered-Luin has been absolutely devastated (Not pictured: all the new invisible walls):

UBupF0P.jpg

Vvv7W50.jpg

ZBvhFnQ.jpg

iL3EeDy.jpg

8a1fxqH.jpg

XWc2H7Z.jpg

0So0IdN.jpg

For comparison you can check the screenshots from the same location taken in 2013:

30 minutes ago, Dorf said:

Southern Ered-Luin has been absolutely devastated (Not pictured: all the new invisible walls)

Looks like they might be prepping to get the Gray Havens ready there.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, ibfe77 said:

Also the cemetery is still there in some form and capacity but it has been changed (or the Old Forest around it):

uVWQARg.jpg

As for the swamp next to Old Forest, it remains untouched.