GOODBYE CODEMASTERS!

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

fdsfds.jpg

Thank you for the last 4 years, you've been amazing. Thank you for given us such a great game and time.

Posted · Report post

I too would echo those sentiments. A fantastic 4 years all in all d;)b

I for one will be sorry to move across the atlantic

;w

Posted · Report post

I've not posted often at all on the official site, and was hoping there would be a thread that just was thanks Codies, but either way, I hope the team gets to see this.

Thank you guys, you've worked hard and I do hope that your next endeavour, whatever that may be, is just as succesful and loved as this!

Elianiour.

Posted · Report post

The splash screen is making me a bit sniffly :$

Bye CM, hopefully you guys will stay in touch on here :D

Posted · Report post

Thanks peeps! It means a lot, and thanks for being such a great bunch of players...

I'll be hanging around for sure...

I'll also still be kicking around on Laurelin with Sincilbanks after the transistion

Posted · Report post

gotta say, I ;w when I saw the screen today.

Feels like sitting in a rollercoaster waiting for the wagon to start ;)

Posted · Report post

Aye. If you only paid attention to the complaining that has gone on over these last 4 years about Codies on their forums, anyone would think they'd done a very poor job. The opposite is true. Sad to see the game taken from them, truth be told, and very apprehensive about the future.

Best wishes to those who are losing their jobs, too. Hope all is well for you and you all land on your feet.

Posted · Report post

I look forward to what the future brings :)

THANK YOU Codies Crew _O_

Posted · Report post

Thank you CM for a great time & great support! ;w

So long & thanks for all the fish..... OOPS! wrong genre :*)

Namárië

Posted · Report post

It's great that the splash screen is a LOTR quote! It shows that they value Middle Earth as I do.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the 4 years. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Thank you for the lifetime sub offers, it has saved me a lot of money over the course of the 4 years I've been playing since launch.

Posted · Report post

Is it just me, or is the hobbit in that splash screen (and the man too) crying? Getting a bit misty myself, must be the chili getting in my eyes.

Posted · Report post

Dearest Codies,

Thanks for being such a great team and making the game a great one. I for one will miss you all

Posted · Report post

Big big big (HUGE!) Thankyou to Codies :D

For your service above and beyond the call of duty ;)

-Tiger!

*Waves* Cya later :)

Posted · Report post

Thanks CM its been a great 4 years

Posted · Report post

Thanks peeps! It means a lot, and thanks for being such a great bunch of players...

I'll be hanging around for sure...

I'll also still be kicking around on Laurelin with Sincilbanks after the transistion

Aye. Thanks for the fun & help over the years.

You guy's have one hell of a KICK :D

ScreenShot00361.jpg

Hope to see some more fun before the move.

Posted · Report post

Thank you so much for the great service codies crew due the years when i had to pester you all with something silly *O* i truly appriciate it _O_

I will miss you guys ;w

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the support and the decent services you provided for the last four years.

Farewell :w

Posted · Report post

Though not without some small issues, I'm fairly pleased with Codies service. Forums compared to US LOTRO, WoW, Rift were(well still are) just brilliant place, both due to nice community but also awesome team of mods. So yeah it's been fun years, thanks for all the hard work :)

Posted · Report post

Great service for the 3+ years i have played. hope to see you soon in some other MMO in the not too distant future :)

for the great times, thanks. now onto the Yanks :(

Posted (edited) · Report post

There's a good bye from the Codemasters' team on the CM forum now.

With Satine, Dnote, Zzeno and others each posting their own note. Reading that really makes me sad and all teary. Like putting up the final gravestone. 4-5 years IS a long time to spend with a companies game and team. -O-

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/465834-thank-you-lotro-europe-community.html

I really hope CM shall publish something, which interests me soon. Would love to come back.

Edited by Undo

Posted · Report post

I cannot put it better than I have.

Posted · Report post

Hey MueR and, I just spotted the beautiful banner at the top, thank you so much *sniff* Oh dear, I hope I don't cry next Tuesday, that will completely ruin my ice queen facade...

<3

Posted · Report post

Hey MueR and, I just spotted the beautiful banner at the top, thank you so much *sniff* Oh dear, I hope I don't cry next Tuesday, that will completely ruin my ice queen facade...

<3

We will ALL miss you too, even with some of the hotair you never lost your ice queen image, your secret is safe with us, you made the Snowy events team events cooler, you kept the forums clean and best of all gave us free food and beer ;)

Snowy will miss you ;) We will all miss you ALL :)

Posted · Report post

definitely all players will miss you my dear Codies... but perhaps it really isn't goodbye.. hopefully you will still be playing the game and keep posting here.

how did Sam put it..

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. the ones that really matter, full of darkness and danger they were. sometimes you didn't want to know the ending because how could the end be happy? how could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened? but in the end, it's only a passing thing, the shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." ~ Samwise Gamgee - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

And I certainly hope the sun will shine again for all our dear friends at Codemasters!