Sign in to follow this  
Papi

All things Star Wars...

How refreshing is it to have had 3 teaser trailers and still have not idea what the story line is, how the characters are connected or anything.

I am actually looking forward to see this.

Also how good is the music in the trailers.

Plus, Early Access for Knights of the Fallen Empire started earlier. *patching*

How refreshing is it to have had 3 teaser trailers and still have not idea what the story line is, how the characters are connected or anything.

I am actually looking forward to see this.

Also how good is the music in the trailers.

music gave me goosebumps.  and i agree, i was afraid this final trailer would give away too much/have a big reveal, but it didn't.

just fyi, the level 60 boost won't be available until the 27th (regardless if you are a subber or not) :(

Havent played SWTOR in a while.  Might have to play again in a few weeks after the initial rush is over.

Also season 11 of Star Trek online starts on the same day

It's likely to confuse the fuck outta ya, Cossie

Nothing new there.

If the leaked script turns out to be true, it sounds like the first film is absolutely terribad. Potentially just setting up for the following two but still.

Did we expect differently with Disney running the show?

And JJ Abrams. It's like a shitstorm.

• Upvote 1

And JJ Abrams. It's like a shitstorm.

What is wrong with Abrams? Lost was pretty good.

If the leaked script turns out to be true, it sounds like the first film is absolutely terribad. Potentially just setting up for the following two but still.

It would be fitting though: None of Abrams films made any sense in the past, so why would star wars 7 be any different?

When I first saw the trailer I felt like watching a polished fanmade trailer for star wars 4. Why? Let's see:

- A battle over a planet that looks a lot like Tatooine

- Crashlanding on a desert planet

- Main character lives on desert planet

- Escape from Tatooine with the help ot the Millenium Falcon

I'm pretty sure by the end of the movie the phrase: "I am your father" will be there somewhere. Take my word for it, it wouldn't be a Abrams movie if he didn't at least copy one iconic star wars quote and butcher it like only he can.

I'm pretty sure by the end of the movie the phrase: "I am your father" will be there somewhere. Take my word for it, it wouldn't be a Abrams movie if he didn't at least copy one iconic star wars quote and butcher it like only he can.

Pretty much. I know there's 100% a father/child moment in this film. But this time the roles of good and bad are reversed which makes it totally original like omg.

Watching original trylogy on a VHS tapes when I was a kid made a HUGE impression on me. It also was one of first movies taking place in space I've watched.

Nowadays, Star Wars does not do as much emotionally for me as it did before. 

I also don't agree with many choices that producers seem to take with this new SW trylogy.

Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek reboot, but on the other hand sings are not that promising.

When I first saw the trailer I felt like watching a polished fanmade trailer for star wars 4. Why? Let's see:

- A battle over a planet that looks a lot like Tatooine

- Crashlanding on a desert planet

- Main character lives on desert planet

- Escape from Tatooine with the help ot the Millenium Falcon

Nerdfags. 

That's where big money lies now and Disney knows that.  So I am convinced that new Star Wars will be an huge concert of nerdfaggotry.  We'll see all possible references to old Star Wars, especially to first trylogy from 70/80s.  I mean there is Harrison Ford and Chewbaca for fuck sake.  I am sure we'll see some old jedi masters either in flesh or some kind of ghost/force form, etc

Anyway whole Star Wars franchise aside of first trylogy in 70/80 (cause it was completly new back then) is based on nostalgia.

Majority mainstream hollywood and video gaming shows that products basing on nostalgia is what makes big bucks.  That is why all those direct sequels, prequels, reboots and "spritiual continuators/reboots" are everywhere.

PS. I am sure there will be Ewoks in this new trylogy somewhere.

Edited by drul

Majority mainstream hollywood and video gaming shows that products basing on nostalgia is what makes big bucks.  That is why all those direct sequels, prequels, reboots and "spritiual continuators/reboots" are everywhere.

This is what's annoying me more than anything now. There's rarely a good, new film out. They're either based on already existing things or they're just desperate reboots of old classics. And to make matters worse, the people making the films seem to have no fucking clue how to do it and yet they're making millions and people still want them to make more films. How many times have we watched a film that should have been good but was terrible thanks to the director wanting to focus on an aspect that nobody else was interested in? But the amount of talent that is actually out there, just waiting for an opportunity these lazy pricks get instead is mind-boggling.

Of course this film is setting up the next 2, it is the first of a trilogy.  A New Hope sets up The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  It is not a bad thing  just inevitable.  

Of course this film is setting up the next 2, it is the first of a trilogy.  A New Hope sets up The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  It is not a bad thing  just inevitable.  

There's a difference between a film that happens to set up sequels, and a terrible film that's made only to set up sequels. Like Fellowship of the Ring or the Matrix compared to Fant4stic and Ant-man.

Are we going to talk about how ridiculous the new film was?!

Spoiler

First, we've got the bad guy literally freezing a plasma bolt in mid-air. He doesn't just stop it, no, he literally freezes the momentum itself. It's not cancelled out, it's actually paused in time. That's why it shoots off like nothing happened when he let it go. This guy should be able to take out the rebels with a flick of a finger!

Then we've got the immediate reveal of the bad guy, with all mystery taken out. Oh, the bad guy was good. Oh, he was related to someone good. Oh, his helmet's off and he's just a moody string bean (with an almost perfect impression of Javier Bardem in Skyfall). Yup, he's the son of Han and Leia, just as most people guessed. Where did all the fear go? They're just going to replace him with a new 'Ren' for the next ones, so it feels like a waste so far.

The enormous, planet-sized elephant in the room... the 'Starkiller', aka the Deathstar 2.0. Yup, entirely unoriginal. In fact, the whole film has just been a rip off of A New Hope: bad guys looking for something, rebels hide it with a droid, protagonist is from a deserty planet, there's an old mentor that dies, the rebels need to blow up the giant super-weapon by exploiting an overlooked weakness.

But even without all of this blatant copying, we still have the issue of how the damn Starkiller even works. It eats stars to power up. It gets fired once in the film and then needs to go eat another star. Stars are light years apart. How the hell did the giant planet manage to reach another star during the film's duration? How did the star entering the atmosphere not burn it up (in fact, it's actually Arctic on the surface)?

I can't wait to see the next Empire Strike's Back rip-off! I'll guess there'll be someone losing a hand, someone apparently good betraying the heroes, the new Boba Fett (Capt Phasma) capturing Finn with the help of a Ren, a training montage for Rey, and a failed face-off of Rey against a Ren. Bonus points for another frozen planet, and Luke being the betrayer.

I really enjoyed it.  Yes it was a lot like A New Hope, but that is not a bad thing.  One of the biggest complaints about the prequels was they felt nothing like the originals and now people are complaining that this one as too much like the originals.  I liked the new cast, but Harrison Ford was the star of the film.

Also I love how they didnt try to tell you too much about all the characters in this film and have left lots of room for them to evolve.  Also I loved the humour in the film.

The film was not perfect, but it was a country mile better than any of the prequels and better then Return of the Jedi.  The was so much hype about this film that it could never live up to it but it didnt disappoint me.  If episode VIII had been playing as soon as I finished watching Episode VII I would have bought my ticket right away.

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

Spoiler

I facepalmed when R2D2 was offline, because: plot. Then he suddenly comes back online so the film could have its (weird) ending. Still nowhere near as ridiculous as Rey suddenly gaining full awareness of her jedi powers and how to use them. Also: Good girl beats bad guy with a weapon she never held, used or saw in her entire life until just a few hours ago and with litteraly no training?

At least there were no lense flares :D

Spoiler

Y58PGXA.jpg