LasraelLarson

Have you voted? ;)

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

Obamacare is #winning when the alternative was #Trumpcare

When the healthcare system is run for profit it is always going to become expensive for the public as the for many people the alternative to paying is suffering

Also how bad was #Trumpcare that even with control of the Whitehouse, Senate and Congress it still would not pass

Simple repeal is all they need to do. They've voted for repeal multiple times. Just get on with it.

As for your second statement, I disagree it is a foregone conclusion that it would always become expensive for the public. Government has messed in health for 50+ years screwing around with it.

16 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Simple repeal is all they need to do. They've voted for repeal multiple times. Just get on with it.

As for your second statement, I disagree it is a foregone conclusion that it would always become expensive for the public. Government has messed in health for 50+ years screwing around with it.

Companies, in general, only care about the bottom line.  How they can maximise profits,  meet quarterly targets so they get bonus.  Unlike many things in life healthcare is not a luxury that people can do without.  

The US has the highest per capita spending on health care in the world, yet has less practicing physicians than the OECD average and also less hospital beds than the OECD average.  So where the hell is all the money going.

Running healthcare to make money is just a bad idea in my eyes

38 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

I assume everyone sees I was being ironic by using a trump campaign hashtag? I would never really hashtag anything, just wanted to clarify incase any confusion.  #irony 

#hashtags

haha... well... yes I read it as being a jab at the withdrawn health care legislation... and therefore a "loss" according to you.

But... that legislation was terrible and not really a "loss" IMO that it didn't have the votes as it would've proven a true loss in the midterms if it had actually went to a vote and passed. So, for me, the withdrawal really was #winning. :P Perhaps even resulting in Ryan being replaced as speaker = more #winning.

#fetchquest #winning ... oxymoron?

45 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I agree Fundin = repeal.

I believe that there are "some" areas where "limited" government involvement health care could be advantageous.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

Companies, in general, only care about the bottom line.  How they can maximise profits,  meet quarterly targets so they get bonus.  Unlike many things in life healthcare is not a luxury that people can do without.  

The US has the highest per capita spending on health care in the world, yet has less practicing physicians than the OECD average and also less hospital beds than the OECD average.  So where the hell is all the money going.

Running healthcare to make money is just a bad idea in my eyes

Food is something that people can't do without even more than healthcare and it is mostly done by companies (at least as mediaries) that only care about the bottom line to maximise profits. Thank freaking god the government doesn't interfere in it as much as they do healthcare.

Doctors need to be free to act on their own instead of being among the most expensive paper pushers on the planet, with all the regulations and hoops they have to go through.

You're asking how the government wastes money on health care (or anything else)? Really?

6 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Food is something that people can't do without even more than healthcare and it is mostly done by companies (at least as mediaries) that only care about the bottom line to maximise profits. Thank freaking god the government doesn't interfere in it as much as they do healthcare.

Sure. 

Insert a few random street pictures of obese mericans. 

In guns, food and healthcare US is a laughing stock. Not that there is any chance of them realizing that.  

13 hours ago, fittybolger said:

haha... well... yes I read it as being a jab at the withdrawn health care legislation... and therefore a "loss" according to you.

I don't know enough about either obamacare or this new thing to say what I think is best (although I read that the new one would have left 24 million without health insurance, which seems like a bad thing) I just find it amusing watching Trump and the rests reaction

13 hours ago, fittybolger said:

#fetchquest 

I have no idea what this means