Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

#Pewdiepiegate THE SWEDISH FIRE RISES! ;P

Recommended Posts

so a label can pretty much be applied to anyone nowadays, if smear, or worse is your intent.

Wall Street Jurno needs to purge the "Very fake [sic]reporters[/sic]" before the infection requires complete amputation.

as an aside...

Pewdiepie needs to invade and liberate Sweden!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following this, simply unable to believe how far the MSM has gone. I don't even like Pewdiepie, but these cunts are beyond the joke. He is in no way a racist, Nazi, or any other buzzword label that happens to be the attack of the week. How these "people" can go out of their way to ruin someone's credibility, sabotage their career (and everyone who works with them), and brand them a Nazi, I have no idea.

This is what happens when you let SJWs, leftists (note the distinction between leftist and liberal), and other pansies just throw around labels without evidence; they start to believe they can do it all the time. They casually call someone a racist, homophobe, sexist, whatever just because they disagree with them, because it no longer holds any actual meaning to them. Fuck the lot of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ayup, pretty much.  queue this:

  Funniest_Memes_tumblr-user-manual_8711.j

attack the individual, not the institution (argument, idea, etc.)... Saul Alinsky rules for radicals 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, Disney can choose who they want to sponsor and who they don't and if pewdithings jokes doesn't fit there brand then they are well within there rights to ditch him. But yes, storm in a teacup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last 30 days he has gained just over 800000 new subs.  Almost 170000 of that is the last 2 days.  

As for Disney and YouTube Red dropping him, they are just reacting to the press and ensuring they dont get caught up in all the crap.

Also I am sure the are other YouTube Networks that will be happy to sign him up and take a cut of his earnings.  It is estimated he earned $15 million for Youtbe last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney, they surely should sponsor him if he was a Nazi, considering their history.

 

Anyway, much a-do about fuckall, for myself. Pseudo-celebrities like this guy don't interest me in the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Pseudo-celebrities like this guy don't interest me in the slightest.

Nor me. But media trying to start a witch-hunt against people they dislike by lying about what they say/do? That's a concern. They've got too much power now to be so unaccountable for what they spread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, wtf for, the guy is a gamer, why do they even believe his opinions matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

To be fair, Disney can choose who they want to sponsor and who they don't and if pewdithings jokes doesn't fit there brand then they are well within there rights to ditch him. But yes, storm in a teacup. 

indeed.  so if i follow that logic, is the voice of Venellope Von Schweetz up for a recasting due to Sarah Silvermans straying into controversial comedy territory?

sarahblackfacesmall.jpgSarah-Silverman-Hitler-Donald-Trump-250x

i guess it will remain to be seen if the "other side" chooses to employ the same tactics of attacking the individual.

Disney is a private company, for certain, but if the application isn't evenhanded, it has every appearance of partisan censorship, rather than brand protection. & there is in fact a sequel planed with said character in the promo material:

Wreck-It_Ralph_2.png

10 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

In the last 30 days he has gained just over 800000 new subs.  Almost 170000 of that is the last 2 days.  

As for Disney and YouTube Red dropping him, they are just reacting to the press and ensuring they dont get caught up in all the crap.

Also I am sure the are other YouTube Networks that will be happy to sign him up and take a cut of his earnings.  It is estimated he earned $15 million for Youtbe last year.

indeed.  see above.

Felix will likely be fine, his audience is indeed huge.  the other 100 or so employees working on his canceled show however...

4 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Disney, they surely should sponsor him if he was a Nazi, considering their history.

 

Anyway, much a-do about fuckall, for myself. Pseudo-celebrities like this guy don't interest me in the slightest.

yep, Felix is just part in parcel of the original growth of the youtube who remains to this day...  unlike Fred.  who is actually still around, but his new audience is much smaller.  youtube doesn't really facilitate the growth of small independents like it once did.

i am ambivalent towards most virtual viral growth & take it for what it is, but it no question was the key factor in youtubes initial success... one they seem to be gradually turning their backs on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

Felix will likely be fine, his audience is indeed huge.  the other 100 or so employees working on his canceled show however...

Given that YouTube Red is making shows with many creators, the will use the money they would have spent on another show, and these people with help make that show.  In fact they could make the same show and just swap Pewdiepie for someone else, like Markiplier or Jacksepticeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the fuck are these people and why should I bother watching their videos on youtube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordVorontur said:

I mean, wtf for, the guy is a gamer, why do they even believe his opinions matter?

Not sure. The same reason people think actors', singers' and sports players' opinions matter, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Not sure. The same reason people think actors', singers' and sports players' opinions matter, I guess.

None but my own matters ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doro said:

Nor me. But media trying to start a witch-hunt against people they dislike by lying about what they say/do? That's a concern. They've got too much power now to be so unaccountable for what they spread.

Is it any wonder, then, that my stance towards the media and their reporting on politicians is what it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

indeed.  so if i follow that logic, is the voice of Venellope Von Schweetz up for a recasting due to Sarah Silvermans straying into controversial comedy territory?

 

I have no idea who that is but if advertisers should feel the show doesn't fit there brand they would be well within there rights to end there sponsorship. Not sure what point your trying to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

indeed.  so if i follow that logic, is the voice of Venellope Von Schweetz up for a recasting due to Sarah Silvermans straying into controversial comedy territory?

Sarah Silverman was always controversial, long before she got the acting roles that she did.  They hired her knowing full well who she was and what she does.

The difference here is most likely her audience is a lot older he Pewdiepies audience, the majority of his audience is under 18, which is a large market for Disney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

I have no idea who that is but if advertisers should feel the show doesn't fit there brand they would be well within there rights to end there sponsorship. Not sure what point your trying to make. 

I think the point is that on the one hand Disney is cancelling a show for unfounded claims against a person, but fine to associate themselves with people who are much more controversial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doro said:

I think the point is that on the one hand Disney is cancelling a show for unfounded claims against a person, but fine to associate themselves with people who are much more controversial.

Ah I see. I guess its about money, this movie probably makes them more than an association with pewdipie so ditching him is no big deal to them, maybe they even use it as an excuse to ditch him. But changing the movie could cost them more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

Ah I see. I guess its about money, this movie probably makes them more than an association with pewdipie so ditching him is no big deal to them, maybe they even use it as an excuse to ditch him. But changing the movie could cost them more.

That's half of it.

The other half is that the establishment HATES the internet.  LIke full on "we want to have it our way or destroy it" hate it, because all of the legal infrastructure they've built up to protect their IPs are largely meaningless on the Internet, and we produce our own content without really needing them.

So as much as I really dislike Pewdiepie, he's actually the victim here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

I have no idea who that is

ah understanding that is kinda central to the point.

Sarah Silverman was a comedy writer for SNL back in the day & did stand up, (TV & Movie work came later.)  she had a ton of risky material, as example:

made fun of Asians plenty, rape jokes, etc.  not just the black face & Hitler costume.  Sarah routinely strayed into controversial territory for a joke.

& that is all pewdiepie did...  made a joke of material deemed by some to be out of bounds.

but the Wall Street Journal (3 reporters published articles) went further accusing him of being a fascist / racist / white supremacist & contacted the 2 companies who hired him as influence due to size of his audience.

so the point is...  is every employee who works for Disney now fair game because of this precedent set? (which includes Silverman)  or is something else the actual motivation in this move?

i don't consider either Silverman, or pewdiepie to actually be racists, etc for making off color jokes.

15 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Sarah Silverman was always controversial, long before she got the acting roles that she did.  They hired her knowing full well who she was and what she does.

The difference here is most likely her audience is a lot older he Pewdiepies audience, the majority of his audience is under 18, which is a large market for Disney

how old is the audience for Wreck it Ralph 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

That's half of it.

The other half is that the establishment HATES the internet.  LIke full on "we want to have it our way or destroy it" hate it, because all of the legal infrastructure they've built up to protect their IPs are largely meaningless on the Internet, and we produce our own content without really needing them.

So as much as I really dislike Pewdiepie, he's actually the victim here.

I doubt Disney hates YouTube, the own one of the biggest and represents some of the biggest names on YouTube.  The bought Maker Studios back in 2015 for $500 million rising to $960 million if certain financial targets were met

5 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

how old is the audience for Wreck it Ralph 2?

The people it is aimed for are less likely to know how Sarah Silverman is, and since you dont see her face, they are not likely to come across her content there for Disney may just feel she is less of an issue.

I would say they are being hypocritical but that is just how companies work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cossieuk said:

I doubt Disney hates YouTube, the own one of the biggest and represents some of the biggest names on YouTube.  The bought Maker Studios back in 2015 for $500 million rising to $960 million if certain financial targets were met

You need to do your homework...

Disney is the company that drove the extension to all of the copyright stuff from what it was before the 20th century to this cluster we have now in the US, all so that one mouse wouldn't be public domain.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Disney was in large part responsible for the YouTube copyright report system, which has been used as weapons against creators causing many to lose monetization and videos.

While Disney doesn't necessarily hate the content delivery system, they definitely dislike how anybody can upload their content and monetize from it, as the system is nowhere near as locked down as cable is, and it's probably not nearly as profitable.  Disney must use YouTube because we are cutting the cord - which is definitely cutting into their profit margins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont hear about Disney pull copyright ID on YouTube videos often.  People paraday Disney all the time with no issues.  The extension of copyright was more about merchandise than anything else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really think YouTube is in much competition with Disney. There will always be a market for big budget movies, kids tv, theme parks and crappy merchandise, YouTube doesn't take much away from that market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×