Sign in to follow this  
Doro

Storm Doris

England is currently in the grips of a fairly low-level storm, that's nonetheless causing quite a lot of mayhem. Things I've seen so far:

- A shed roof turn into a flap, and then completely disconnect before soaring majestically through the air.

- An entire three-storey wall of ivy ripped from the side of a house.

- Garden fences putting up no resistance at all.

- My car's rain cover inflated like a balloon and then breaking off of the wheels.

- Massive tree down over the road, with people actually queuing behind it (like it's just going to get up and move).

- Neighbour's washing all flying off and sticking in a tree.

What have you lot seen of it?

My bin fell over outside

One of the chairs in my garden fell over

Yeah, the south coast wasn't really hit too hard!

Also, whose job is it to name these storms?

52 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

My bin fell over outside

Absolute fucking anarchy.

• Upvote 1

I love the idea of people still queuing behind that fallen tree waiting for someone to move it. I imagine them all sitting there moaning about it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

I love the idea of people still queuing behind that fallen tree waiting for someone to move it. I imagine them all sitting there moaning about it. 

If they'd started honking their horns, my sides would've shot into space.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Absolute fucking anarchy.

Glad you escaped unscathed Doro.

Perfectly illustrates the lunacy of English gun control... what if there had been no bin available for this hoodlum to vent his violence upon? I can tell you now his hate filled, blood shot eyes would've turned on you, some other innocent passer-by or small furry animal. In an open carry society he wouldn't dare!

As for the storm = stay safe. In my years I have witnessed the power of wind... truly awe inspiring.

What I saw?

Nowt, and it's pretty bad up here. Think we had it worse than you Southern ponces.

I did stay in all day, however, but that's mostly due to me getting up nearer to 2pm than 1pm, and also, I just couldn't be arsed getting properly dressed today(I have a week off work, as I'm using my 5 days holiday that I carried over from last year).

Tomorrow, I'll prolly not leave the house, but that's due to the arrival of a new axe.