Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woeg

Finally finished all 8 class quests

3 posts in this topic

I took a break from LOTRO and finally got around to doing all 8 class quests in SWTOR. They were amazing and I wish more games did extended stories like that.

I know SWTOR has changed a lot from its original state but for a semi-casual like me it was easy to get into and advance and not get hung up min/maxing weapons/armor/etc.  The community actually is pretty decent once you get past the 2 starter zones and stay away from fleet

How feasible is it to level up solely on the class quest? I know they changed it to where you can, but in the original version some of them were quite tough and you needed fairly good gear to get through it (at least playing a dps shadow like I did). Do you still need to do other activities (quest/instances) to have the stats to get through the class quest or can you just play through the stories and call it quits?

Sorry for delay - was on vacation in Europe

I think if you pick the timing right with the double xp they seem to give periodically - it would be possible to level solely on class quests - I did that on most of the classes and always ended up in the high 50s or low 60s on most - depending on how much of the planets I felt like doing

I'm an alt-aholic so I had all crafters leveling up roughly the same time and the gear rewards covered any shortfall I noticed.  The PVE was much easier now than I remembered it being and most of the class skills much watered down from before as well - but it was still fun (and you can set the difficulty in ops/missions harder if you like and there sounded like the difficulty jumped a lot then)