Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Morder Pre-Purchase Packages Announced

Recommended Posts

Prices seems a bit steep.  The Collectors edition is just stupid, $40 for the new race a character slot and some cosmetics.

 

Prices in GBP

Standard - £29.99

Collectors - £59.99 

Ultimate - £99.99

 

Price in Euros

Standard - €35.99

Collectors - €75.99

Ultimate - €114.99

 

FAQ - https://lotro.com/en/u21-FAQ

 

Expansion can be bought in the store after update 22 in the winter for 2495 points

High Elf will cost 1000 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Prices seems a bit steep.  The Collectors edition is just stupid, $40 for the new race a character slot and some cosmetics.

 

Prices in GBP

Standard - £29.99

Collectors - £59.99 

Ultimate - £99.99

You don't get the High Elf with the Standard Edition. The Aria of the Valar is a stupid thing to give people in this package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Talisman said:

You don't get the High Elf with the Standard Edition. The Aria of the Valar is a stupid thing to give people in this package.

Nope but you can get it for 1000 points in the store.  So get the standard, use some lifetime points and boots a High Elf to the Mordor level and no need to do the crap quests from Helms Deep to try out the new content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An expected price list for a game running on empty. Gotta (try to) make that money back somehow, so the minute population will have to pay out a bit more. Having said that, it's probably a steal for those who like to break the cost down to "entertainment per hour" prices, and still find entertainment in re-used assets and grinds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Nope but you can get it for 1000 points in the store.  So get the standard, use some lifetime points and boots a High Elf to the Mordor level and no need to do the crap quests from Helms Deep to try out the new content

If the AoV is like GoV and BoV before, you'll end up a level 105 with no virtues or trait points. You'll still have to grind to get the character in any kind of shape for the journey through Mordor. Worse, you'll probably have to do that even before you step foot in Mordor due to the changes in the stats. I doubt it'll be much of a time-saver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Talisman said:

If the AoV is like GoV and BoV before, you'll end up a level 105 with no virtues or trait points. You'll still have to grind to get the character in any kind of shape for the journey through Mordor. Worse, you'll probably have to do that even before you step foot in Mordor due to the changes in the stats. I doubt it'll be much of a time-saver.

Time saving not much of an issue, not having to do the crap quests from Helms Deep is worth some trait grinding, especially as killing mobs in early zones will be quick at level 105

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but you still need to do those because of the class trait points (just as all west, central gondor, MT deeds, Osg. instance cluster, Big Battles etc...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose I should update Bullroarer and see what the next build brings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Suppose I should update Bullroarer and see what the next build brings.

If the update is anything like the main client, it's going to take a while. I've been trying to download the client just for shits and giggles, but I'm only a quarter of the way through in about 2 hours. I don't know how they expect to get new players with download times like that, when other MMOs are ready to play in a fraction of that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my experience in FFXIV, IMO forcing the player population to complete instances to get through the main story arc - and have a strong enough of a design to keep all instances relevant with new expansion releases - is probably the best thing an MMO can do for the player base.

I know players want to solo to endgame content... but at the end of the day, why should a game whose acronym stands for Massive Multiplayer Online [Role Playing Game] be a solo affair?

Even Reddit gets that point....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it have to be solo or group.  Turbine got something right with Inspired Greatness.  Lets thoughts that want to group up for the main story do some but for those that dont, or cant (big problem for older content), let them play it with increased stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

Why does it have to be solo or group.  Turbine got something right with Inspired Greatness.  Lets thoughts that want to group up for the main story do some but for those that dont, or cant (big problem for older content), let them play it with increased stats.

Because by allowing people to go solo, you give people the option to live in their own, effectively disconnected, world within LotRO.  By forcing the group stuff on people, you force people to be social, and that (in turn) allows for more social opportunities beyond whoever's in the zone.

Essentially, it's a social dynamic that's present in FFXIV but is completely absent from LotRO.  The three things that Turbine did that screwed that up was hnot staying the course with Carn Dum, upscaling instead of downscaling, and abandoning the trait system in favor of trait trees.  The other thing that FFXIV does in respect to the solo v group content is make it so that you must raid if you want the best gear, you can group for gear that's normally good enough, but if you solo, you get stuck with whatever you can craft - which is generally inferior to the group gear by a wide margin.

While it is possible to go through the hellacious grind to get a relic weapon, you didn't throw it out when the prior expansion hit, but instead a completed relic weapon would allow you to bypass the first couple of steps of the new one - essentially allowing you to continually upgrade your weapon.

It's all about the MMO studio having the balls to tell the soloers to go screw off when they start QQing about not getting gear that they should never rightly have - and catering to the soloer crowd has been one of the biggest millstones LotRO has had to wear - and a completely unnecessary one at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look,

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

He said stuff here...

yet another "you're playing wrong" post. 

The very concept of "forcing people to be social" is inherently anti-social. The clue is in the use of the word "force". It seldom yields positive results.

Give players choice. It is possible to accommodate both play styles. At present running group content in LOTRO gains players better gear anyway, so I do not see socially disposed players as being disadvantaged at present.

The only time I've ever come across this debate and vociferous demands from both sides, has been on forums. As we all know forums do not represent the majority world view of LOTRO players. I have written in the past about the average LOTRO player and they're far from a needy group. 

Posts like this always smack of "you're play differently to me and I don't like it", which is a odd mindset to say the least. Sadly it's all too common these days and impinges upon far more important matters than gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moderate Peril said:

Oh look,

yet another "you're playing wrong" post. 

The very concept of "forcing people to be social" is inherently anti-social. The clue is in the use of the word "force". It seldom yields positive results.

Give players choice. It is possible to accommodate both play styles. At present running group content in LOTRO gains players better gear anyway, so I do not see socially disposed players as being disadvantaged at present.

The only time I've ever come across this debate and vociferous demands from both sides, has been on forums. As we all know forums do not represent the majority world view of LOTRO players. I have written in the past about the average LOTRO player and they're far from a needy group. 

Posts like this always smack of "you're play differently to me and I don't like it", which is a odd mindset to say the least. Sadly it's all too common these days and impinges upon far more important matters than gaming.

And yet, MMOs like FFXIV (which has the second biggest MMO community on Reddit) force players to group up or you will not advance in the MMO as the first forced instance is at level 15 with 70 being level cap - and you are blocked on the FFXIV MSQ [Main Story Quest - aka epic book quests] until you complete that instance with area quest and feature unlocks tied directly to MSQ progress.

Maybe there's more to forced grouping than what both sides initially thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And yet, MMOs like FFXIV (which has the second biggest MMO community on Reddit) force players to group up or you will not advance in the MMO as the first forced instance is at level 15 with 70 being level cap - and you are blocked on the FFXIV MSQ [Main Story Quest - aka epic book quests] until you complete that instance with area quest and feature unlocks tied directly to MSQ progress.

Maybe there's more to forced grouping than what both sides initially thought?

That is the main reason I quit FF XIV.  No having lots of time to play meant not doing the main story.  I know I am not alone in this.  If there had been a solo option I would have continued playing, and paying, so forcing one kind on playing type on players just looses you those p[layer and there money.

I dont expect to get the best gear solo, I dont need the best gear if I play solo.  I just want to play the game and enjoy the story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

That is the main reason I quit FF XIV.  No having lots of time to play meant not doing the main story.  I know I am not alone in this.  If there had been a solo option I would have continued playing, and paying, so forcing one kind on playing type on players just looses you those p[layer and there money.

I dont expect to get the best gear solo, I dont need the best gear if I play solo.  I just want to play the game and enjoy the story

And yet... if you're leveling DPS you can recruit a tank and/or healer to basically bypass the queue times as most instances are intended to be completed in 20-30 minutes (or less).

The better question: If you just want to solo in an MMO, why aren't you playing a solo RPG connected to something like Discord or a Steam chat channel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

And yet... if you're leveling DPS you can recruit a tank and/or healer to basically bypass the queue times as most instances are intended to be completed in 20-30 minutes (or less).

The better question: If you just want to solo in an MMO, why aren't you playing a solo RPG connected to something like Discord or a Steam chat channel?

You're missing a key word here: option. People like to choose when they solo and when they group. They don't like to be forced into either.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And yet... if you're leveling DPS you can recruit a tank and/or healer to basically bypass the queue times as most instances are intended to be completed in 20-30 minutes (or less).

The better question: If you just want to solo in an MMO, why aren't you playing a solo RPG connected to something like Discord or a Steam chat channel?

I do play solo RPGs, especially Final Fantasy may favorite gaming series, I have just bought FF XII to replay.  Why does giving players choice annoy you so much.  It does not affect you 

You complain about people wanting the best gear while playing solo, but you are just as bad say people should play the way you want or go play something else on steam

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

I do play solo RPGs, especially Final Fantasy may favorite gaming series, I have just bought FF XII to replay.  Why does giving players choice annoy you so much.  It does not affect you 

You complain about people wanting the best gear while playing solo, but you are just as bad say people should play the way you want or go play something else on steam

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

That is the main reason I quit FF XIV.  No having lots of time to play meant not doing the main story.  I know I am not alone in this.  If there had been a solo option I would have continued playing, and paying, so forcing one kind on playing type on players just looses you those p[layer and there money.

I dont expect to get the best gear solo, I dont need the best gear if I play solo.  I just want to play the game and enjoy the story

Same here. I reached end game and there was literally nothing to do but grind group instances over and over. I just wanted to follow the story. I think Square definitely are missing out on customers by forcing the group content. 

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

I do play solo RPGs, especially Final Fantasy may favorite gaming series, I have just bought FF XII to replay.  Why does giving players choice annoy you so much.  It does not affect you 

You complain about people wanting the best gear while playing solo, but you are just as bad say people should play the way you want or go play something else on steam

Just got Final Fantasy XII too. So far I am loving it, which I'm finding odd because I remember being so disappointed with it at the original release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mallorn said:

Just got Final Fantasy XII too. So far I am loving it, which I'm finding odd because I remember being so disappointed with it at the original release. 

Not played to much, but loving the speed up you can do, will make leveling grinding so much easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doro said:

You're missing a key word here: option. People like to choose when they solo and when they group. They don't like to be forced into either.

You're also missing a point here: sometimes it doesn't make sense for you to solo something epic, and being able to solo said epic thing actually makes it less of a threat.

Look at it this way, if the entire Mirkwood arc had allowed you to solo all the way to the top of BG, wouldn't that had made BG's LT fight a little less epic for the sake of a trivial minority of the playerbase?

Quote

You complain about people wanting the best gear while playing solo, but you are just as bad say people should play the way you want or go play something else on steam

And yet, millions of players (at least going by https://ffxivcensus.com/ and the following Reddit post) tend to agree with me =/

Spoiler



 

Note: Due to the way FFXIV is designed, a player can role one character and have all classes (battle and crafting), so it's a valid assumption that one char = one player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You're also missing a point here: sometimes it doesn't make sense for you to solo something epic, and being able to solo said epic thing actually makes it less of a threat.

Look at it this way, if the entire Mirkwood arc had allowed you to solo all the way to the top of BG, wouldn't that had made BG's LT fight a little less epic for the sake of a trivial minority of the playerbase?

Not really, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×