Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Morder Pre-Purchase Packages Announced

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

How can one apply reason to an irrational being?

Indeed. My very point. 

1 hour ago, Amorey said:

... grown up guys...

Edit: on that note, I don't want to go and put on my big boy pants, but if everyone could simmer down and stop bringing up Amorey, we can all go back to the peace and quiet we had before. Normally I'm all for a bit of back and forth, but this has been pretty bland and repetitive. The walls of text are starting to make it very clear it's not skilled trolling, it's emotional ranting, and that ain't good for nobody.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Edit:

And way to assume my sexual orientation you bigot.

wait, how did I miss this?

is Al trying to imply he likes cock??

i think she did a pretty good job at assuming your sexual orientation, but nice try lol

2 hours ago, Amorey said:

Still trying desperately to get some attention  from me. Like all those lovely PMs you used to sent me on the OF trying to be 'friendly'  while I was publicly arguing with you on the OF. You really never went over that did you? 40 pages of a woman making fun of you and showing what kind of loser you are. No one cares what you think , most people think you are a dick even on this forum , no one really cares that much about your precious manga-looking game, and yet you persist, believing your opinion is somehow important and that it will make a change to humanity .  Of course you have 'minions' they are here in this thread, jumping on the bandwagon, trying ( and failing miserably ) to be funny, calling me names, it is really sweet to see how grown up guys can pump up each other against ONE person, ...and you call me irrational. 

I am not expecting anyone to come here and try to 'speak for me; , I am doing that myself, though it is nice to see there are at least 2 or 3 users that have enough balls to say what they really think and not just abuse and troll for the sake of it.  I am moved by their courage because saying what one really think on this forum was never easy and some have been shredded to pieced in the past just for doing so . Some of you guys have personal agendas and vendettas to pursue, I know that well, but the only thing you are going to achieve by attacking me with such passion is yo look really and utterly stupid and pathetic.  

73806871.jpg

49 minutes ago, Papi said:

wait, how did I miss this?

It's cause you're being an emotional white knight to the aid of Amorey...

And yet you're not actually engaging your brain which is exactly what I expect of you.

3 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

73806871.jpg

And yet you're not actually engaging your brain which is exactly what I expect of you.

lol, you must have missed the part where I said I think she's bat shit crazy, right?  ah i see, everyone is someone's white knight when you can't find anything else to say.

but back to the point, do you like cock or not? :)

5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

So despite Doro asking you to stop dragging me into this, you keep going and now attack someone that does not share your idiocy. I am sorry Doro, it was nice to see you try some moderation ( I am so proud of you :) )  but it seem it was not effective enough.

29 minutes ago, Amorey said:

So despite Doro asking you to stop dragging me into this, you keep going and now attack someone that does not share your idiocy. I am sorry Doro, it was nice to see you try some moderation ( I am so proud of you :) )  but it seem it was not effective enough.

I've not tried it, yet. Big boy pants are still off. Giving everyone a chance to simmer down before it's needed. And I do mean everyone.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Doro said:

I've not tried it, yet. Big boy pants are still off. Giving everyone a chance to simmer down before it's needed. And I do mean everyone.

Sure thing, you are the boss here, though of course 'preventing' things to escalate this far would have been maybe a better option in the first place, I did try to get in touch with you before jumping in, but obviously you did consider that kind of abusive posts I reported like a fair game. Surely you would not expect me to take all this and not try to at least defend myself...right ? I was dragged here, I did not just started posting out of the blue.  The ball is in your hands now, big boy pants may just need to come out.

15 minutes ago, Amorey said:

... though of course 'preventing' things to escalate this far would have been maybe a better option in the first place...

And that is exactly why you don't understand how proper moderation works here (or, in fact, anywhere open). We don't censor opinions here just because we disagree with them (or you'd have been out on your ear after your first response), we allow open dialogue. You don't get to run to a mod because of hurt feelings. You don't get to stamp out criticism. You don't get to control what other people are allowed to say. You get the chance to reply instead.

The problem comes in when it stagnates and stays at the same level. A tedious circle needs an artificial break, and I'm guessing a soft break is all that's needed right now. The sort of regular posters we have here don't usually warrant heavy-handed moderation. They're pretty good at taking a step back.

2 minutes ago, Doro said:

And that is exactly why you don't understand how proper moderation works here (or, in fact, anywhere open). We don't censor opinions here just because we disagree with them (or you'd have been out on your ear after your first response), we allow open dialogue. You don't get to run to a mod because of hurt feelings. You don't get to stamp out criticism. You don't get to control what other people are allowed to say. You get the chance to reply instead.

The problem comes in when it stagnates and stays at the same level. A tedious circle needs an artificial break, and I'm guessing a soft break is all that's needed right now. The sort of regular posters we have here don't usually warrant heavy-handed moderation. They're pretty good at taking a step back.

Incredibly as it may sound to you, I tend to agree with your methods. This is an open and free forums so in general I would go along with the 'light approach'  when it comes to moderation, the only issue I have is when does an 'opinion. become full on  harassment ?  On official gaming forums things usually are a bit different  because the community team has a set of guidelines they have to follow.  

We must agree it is important to let people freely express their own views even if those views are different. I can easily take a step back and I will, but others around here must do the same, that to me is a fair game. 

1 hour ago, Amorey said:

Incredibly as it may sound to you, I tend to agree with your methods. 

We must agree it is important to let people freely express their own views even if those views are different

Coming from someone who keeps reporting people for their opinions and calling them whiners. Your posts are the equivalent of a child putting their fingers inside their ears and screaming nonsense at this point! I also find it hilarious that you tried reporting people on this forum as well ! 

91982a3e828c4601ba2e594186edb32a49bda146

3 hours ago, Iance said:

Coming from someone who keeps reporting people for their opinions and calling them whiners. Your posts are the equivalent of a child putting their fingers inside their ears and screaming nonsense at this point! I also find it hilarious that you tried reporting people on this forum as well ! 

I've told you and told you, that's her modus operundi.  That's what she does on the OF, and she THOUGHT she was going to pull it here too.  Even now she's whining because the mods won't champion her.  She's so used to getting her way, she can't handle it when she's exposed as the real problem.   I hope some you now can understand my complete and utter disdain for her.

Anyway, enough about her, back to old business.  LOTRO really sucks, eh?

35 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

Anyway, enough about her, back to old business.  LOTRO really sucks, eh?

There is a new movement on the forums now, trying to convince SSG to never release the expansion for Lotro Points and keep it purchase only, I guess to ''stick it'' to all the people who held back on purchasing. Probably inspired by a combination of buyer's remorse and jealousy. 

1 minute ago, Iance said:

There is a new movement on the forums now, trying to convince SSG to never release the expansion for Lotro Points and keep it purchase only...

which would be completely self-defeating.  do they honestly think that SSG will keep the game running if the only people left playing it are the die hard fan boys/girls who drove everyone else off with their bullshit?

Personally, I think my elf looks better with the updated avatar system and I am very happy with the end result because I expected the update to be worse than it is. My elf does, however, look completely different and I think the new hair looks very odd and too smooth. I don't look too closely at my avatars' faces, nor do I use moods and emotes, so the weird facial expressions do not affect me.

Yes I am personally happy with how my new avatars look, but overall, I can see that the update is poor, rushed and a joke. a professional company should not have a released something so amateurish. Lots of people are providing evidence of problems; examples of how the new models look worse than the old ones, and are unhappy that they cannot get a reasonable approximation to their old avatars. It's shoddy workmanship and it cannot be defended.

I'm considering getting Mordor as I am not playing any MMORPG at the moment. I can't find anything that remotely interests me. Objectively I can see all of these other games are better than LOTRO in every way, but I still prefer LOTRO with all of its problems as it is set in Middle-earth. The lore is so grounded compared to other games. 

What keeps stopping me is that I know the game is bad and I am quite loathe to give SSG money as I don't think they are making a quality product. They are riding off the back of The Lord of The Ring brand. But I did love the game once and even with the state it is in now, the familiarity is like an old pair of slippers. But it is a terrible game. It's poor quality. It's a joke, but I do enjoy it over all other MMORPGs and I find that so weird and hard to explain.

When I first heard about upcoming avatar changes I was confused because I thought a true revamp would require too much of SSGs money to be feasible, and it just seemed like really odd timing along with Mordor release. However, when the new avatars first hit Bullroarer, it made more sense: This was nothing more than replacing some skins on the old models, and wouldn't require the same amount of money a true avatar rework would. 

Despite that, what we got is a really rushed product, hardly worthy of being called an 'update'. Technologically speaking I don't see a 10 year gap, they really only changed some skins around in an attempt to make the game look more modern. Ultimately unsuccessful, they also inadvertently messed up the emotes and poses, along with introducing some alienating animations, things that now also affect the ''old avatars''.

All in all it just looks like a waste of resources to me, seeing as they are not even half way done and have a long way to get them into a working state I am very pessimistic about the outcome of all of this, I fear whatever we will be stuck with will be a downgrade in many ways. Just compare the quality of these new avatars to the Beorning faces. That's the level of update I was hoping for

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amorey said:

We must agree it is important to let people freely express their own views even if those views are different. I can easily take a step back and I will, but others around here must do the same, that to me is a fair game. 

Clean up your mess first and I'll do the same.

I have to admit that when I first heard about the Mordor expansion I was pretty psyched. I've been on break from the game for a couple of years now, and I had heard that SSG was the new sheriff in town and dared to have some hope. Unfortunately, after reading through several pages both here and in the forums, and after viewing that horrific trailer, it looks as though it was misplaced hope (yet again.)

I was willing to stick around to play the high elf race, despite it sounding incredibly lore breaking--only to find out I can't presently purchase it with LP.

I really miss the old, good LoTRO, but it looks as though it's gone for good-- I enjoy other games but I can't quite find anything that gives me that same feeling as LoTRO used to. 

Edited by Archangel
terrible spelling

For me, the beta and launch of Shadows of Angmar was a golden age in gaming.  Most of the community at that time consisted of Tolkien afficianados who weren't number-crunching, powergaming elitists, and there wasn't widespread, contemptuous vitriol being spewed in every chat channel (that really didn't start until F2P).  The game itself was challenging, built around groups and social interaction, and it all hinged on a competitive economy of crafted goods.  But that all changed when Turbine started catering to a$$holes from World of Warcraft and watering down the game for 2 year-olds.

3 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

For me, the beta and launch of Shadows of Angmar was a golden age in gaming.  Most of the community at that time consisted of Tolkien afficianados who weren't number-crunching, powergaming elitists, and there wasn't widespread, contemptuous vitriol being spewed in every chat channel (that really didn't start until F2P).  The game itself was challenging, built around groups and social interaction, and it all hinged on a competitive economy of crafted goods.  But that all changed when Turbine started catering to a$$holes from World of Warcraft and watering down the game for 2 year-olds.

I haven't been around quite that long, but I can remember a time when the game had a decent challenge level and good social interaction without the toxicity. Unfortunately I got into the game late enough that the "golden community" didn't last long. 

I used to wish that I had started back when the game first launched in '07, but maybe it's best that I didn't. I'd probably be more depressed about the current state of the game now if I had seen it back then. 

1 hour ago, Archangel said:

I used to wish that I had started back when the game first launched in '07, but maybe it's best that I didn't. I'd probably be more depressed about the current state of the game now if I had seen it back then. 

Yeah, the entire game world has basically degraded since then =(

34 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yeah, the entire game world has basically degraded since then =(

And it's not like you can even just play like the old days in Eriador and stop at 50. They've ruined so much that the old content isn't even there any more. There's pretty much no semblance of vanilla LotRO left, which is probably the most annoying thing Turbine ever did with the game. It wasn't just that they made bad new content, it's that they took away what little good content we did have (especially by adding those annoying as fuck trait trees that gimped every character).