Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Mordor Trailer

At least they have a single fan out there willing to make a quick video in celebra- wait, is that supposed to be SSG's official attempt at an expansion trailer?! Sweet Jesus, how are there people still stupid enough to pay these scammers money?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No wonder they kept this back until launch day! 

It looks as bad as the old Middle-Earth Online stuff did.

35 minutes ago, Doro said:

At least they have a single fan out there willing to make a quick video in celebra- wait, is that supposed to be SSG's official attempt at an expansion trailer?!

Haha, thanks for the laugh! MMD!

Edit: I find it fascinating that this is about THE most iconic villain headquarters and they go about it by showing three people fighting single fights in a scene void of any other enemy.

SNy

23 minutes ago, SNy said:

Haha, thanks for the laugh! MMD!

Edit: I find it fascinating that this is about THE most iconic villain headquarters and they go about it by showing three people fighting single fights in a scene void of any other enemy.

SNy

They should have shown some shots from the new raid that came out with the expansion, oh wait never mind

Let me show you how it's done:

Edit:

And as an FYI, most of the combat scenes are done with the ingame engine.

First that horrible trailer, and now the Aria of the Valar that was forced on everyone who wanted to play Mordor at launch is not showing up in anyone's bags today as it should have.

oops.

To be entirely fair, they did manage to get every remaining LotRO player together to make that video. That's quite a feat, considering the ever-looming threat of lag from having all three players in one spot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't wait to see the usual shills and bootlickers try to defend this garbage.

Amorey is already at work defending the new avatars on the OF.

I can't even...wtf was that??  Do they even have a QA department?

Never mind, stupid question...

To be honest that trailer is even worse than the old Middle Earth Online trailer:

Also dat voice at the end of Mordor trailer...

7dS7Zma.jpg

3 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

I can't wait to see the usual shills and bootlickers try to defend this garbage.

Amorey is already at work defending the new avatars on the OF.

Trailer is mediocre at best, no point of denying that , and was obviously rushed , but the new avatars are fantastic  

collage.jpgcollage1.jpg

Yeah, the new ones landed squarely in the uncanny valley and just look creepy =/

Edit:

And if it wasn't for the clothing textures being the same between both shots, I would have sworn that you had adjusted your graphics DOWN to make the shots look worse.

I've seen a dozen threads saying they don't.

But I knew before you even posted that you'd adore them, because that's what you do.  You take the contrary stance to EVERY single criticism against your precious LOTRO devs.  I still maintain they're paying you to do so.  It can be the only logical explanation.  No one could possibly be that blind, or that complacent to base mediocrity.

And for the record, both your avatars look like men now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amorey said:

Trailer is mediocre at best, no point of denying that , and was obviously rushed , but the new avatars are fantastic  

collage.jpgcollage1.jpg

Your old elf was ugly, no doubt about that. It's not other players fault that you picked the wrong head. On the contrary, the woman was fine and now looks like a ventriloquist doll. 

I .....

want my old avatars because I am used to them.

want SSG to keep its fingers off my dwarves and hobbits.

heard that the epic is not worth its name. It's short, it's rushed, its rewards are underunderunderwhelming. The age of Lotro has passed.

have a daughter who, after playing through this last epic, just said (she is still at 105): 'That epic is disturbing. The players and Mordor deserve something much better. I will never spend a penny on that game again'. She will now just play the festivals, for free, and never will she set another foot in Mordor again.

BTW, during the epic, she got the chance to do what she has wanted to do for a long time now: throw her character into the lava at Mount Doom.

BLUF,  the trailer is fucked.  It makes the game look far worse than it is--and that is saying something.  SSG, likewise, is fucked.

Remember not too terribly long ago when someone joked that it would be a session play that brought down Mount Doom.  I'd like to buy that someone a drink.

The "epic" story was horrid.  Half-baked cinematic and a dreadful session play that succeeded at one thing--proving this game hasn't aged well.

That's a shame =(

So much potential, so much waste =(

Eh well, at least there's Eorzea....

6 hours ago, Amorey said:

collage.jpgcollage1.jpg

That bottom character is most definitely not an improvement. Was going to log in tonight and check it out, not looking forward to seeing what my characters are going to look like now

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Eh well, at least there's Eorzea....

I love FF14. It's a great game. 

Stop and desist ending almost all of your posts with FF14 propaganda, as it reduces my enjoyment of that game. Honestly.

As for the new avatars - the human makes me vomit. Elf is better, downloading with trepidation, as never rolled an Elf... 

Edited - They left my  Dwarves and Hobbits alone, had one Female Human (Captain) turned into a Monstrous Doll. 

1 hour ago, berry said:

to think people actually paid 130$$$ for this lol

That's the really sad part.  Such low standards and low expectations for value.  They'd pay a hundred bucks for a bucket full of shit if the bucket said "Mordor" on the side. And that's precisely what they received with the last three expansions.