Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Mordor Trailer

Honestly, if you are stupid enough or wealthy enough to drop $130 on a lotro expansion then you probably don't care that it's shite

13 hours ago, Tarantula said:

I .....

want my old avatars because I am used to them.

want SSG to keep its fingers off my dwarves and hobbits.

heard that the epic is not worth its name. It's short, it's rushed, its rewards are underunderunderwhelming. The age of Lotro has passed.

have a daughter who, after playing through this last epic, just said (she is still at 105): 'That epic is disturbing. The players and Mordor deserve something much better. I will never spend a penny on that game again'. She will now just play the festivals, for free, and never will she set another foot in Mordor again.

BTW, during the epic, she got the chance to do what she has wanted to do for a long time now: throw her character into the lava at Mount Doom.

Your daughter is right.

Everyone who played through the entire epic from start to finish should have got the "Walked into Mordor" title.

Spoiler

Instead you get a lousy emote that makes your character look like an NPC.  Well, that's just what this PoS company has turned me into - a non-player.

This really is tragedy come complete.  The Twitch streams during the anniversary gave me some fickle hope that the people making this game were finally shedding the yoke of their Turbine CEO overlords... So much for that.

7 minutes ago, warspeech said:

Your daughter is right.

Everyone who played through the entire epic from start to finish should have got the "Walked into Mordor" title.

Hide contents

Instead you get a lousy emote that makes your character look like an NPC.  Well, that's just what this PoS company has turned me into - a non-player.

I like your idea with the title. For lifers, vip, premiums alike. With regard to 'finishing the epic from start to finish: the only f2p'ers who can get it are those who bought Helms Deep (the epic was gated behind the purchase of HD) with points they collected themselves, otherwise they are no longer f2p.

Spoiler

I also saw the housing item that is a reward for completing this epic. I call it a lava cake on a table and am sure you can figure out what it is from that description.

16 hours ago, Amorey said:

... but the new avatars are fantastic  

Really playing fast and loose with the definition of "fantastic" here. But I suppose if your only frame of reference is LotRO, it would be considered a marked improvement.

I wonder if the next step in their avatars will be to update them to PS3 graphics.

Cordovan is blowing smoke up everyone's asses on the livestream right now.  "I decided not to showcase Mordor on this livestream because.....um....I don't want to spoil it for you guys......."

Won't even address the trailer.  WHY does that man still have a job??

8 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

I love FF14. It's a great game. 

Stop and desist ending almost all of your posts with FF14 propaganda, as it reduces my enjoyment of that game. Honestly.

Oh look, it's a snowflake.  Don't play with a hairdryer mmmmkay?

I talk about what I like, and FFXIV is a game that I like... if that's a problem, there's an ignore feature you dumb twat.

As for the new avatars - the human makes me vomit. Elf is better, downloading with trepidation, as never rolled an Elf... 

New avatars look like a step backwards (at least the ones shown).  The top ones have a very masculine jaw line, while the bottom one is just fubar as the older version of the bottom one actually looks better than the newer avatar.

43 minutes ago, Doro said:

Really playing fast and loose with the definition of "fantastic" here. But I suppose if your only frame of reference is LotRO, it would be considered a marked improvement.

I wonder if the next step in their avatars will be to update them to PS3 graphics.

If all of MMOs someone knows is LotRO, then their expectations are in the dirt to the point that WoW Legion is going to seem like a mindblowing experience (and it was actually good... right until you went face first into a massive grind wall to progress anything).

How can there be no one at SSG who can make a better trailer? The only explanation I can think of is they are scrambling to try to fix things before expansion launch, and so everyone was too busy to make a better trailer. They should have got a fan to make a better one.

40 minutes ago, nosam9 said:

How can there be no one at SSG who can make a better trailer? The only explanation I can think of is they are scrambling to try to fix things before expansion launch, and so everyone was too busy to make a better trailer. They should have got a fan to make a better one.

Probably because it's been a skeleton crew since around Moria/Mirkwood, and has progressively gotten worse until they're at this point.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

I said 'fantastic' because I was really impressed with how my elf looked when I logged in yesterday . If you consider the age of LOTRO graphic engine , well yes I would consider the new avatar models an improvement.  Not all the changes in the models are good though, and there are some issues,  like the hair texture changes and human males have some clipping on the back of the head that needs fixing.  

1 hour ago, nosam9 said:

I tend to agree with this post.  Cordovan said they will dump down the emphasis of the trailer as so many people did not like it. There are some talented players in LOTRO that enjoy film making, maybe some will create something nice to showcase the game.    

Because it's totally the players' obligation to do SSG's job for them.

Someone got PAID to produce that trailer.  Let that sink in.  Money that could have been spent on, oh I don't know, paying another QA tester?  Or maybe even paying Amorey and Hurin a little extra to shill a little harder for them on social media....

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Amorey said:

I said 'fantastic' because I was really impressed with how my elf looked when I logged in yesterday . If you consider the age of LOTRO graphic engine , well yes I would consider the new avatar models an improvement.  Not all the changes in the models are good though, and there are some issues,  like the hair texture changes and human males have some clipping on the back of the head that needs fixing.  

No, if you are going to fix the avatars, you do what WoW did and update ALL of the character models to be higher poly, while also overhauling your graphics engine at the same time.

You don't screw with the meshes because that makes formerly feminine female avatars look like they're trans.

Someone got PAID to produce that trailer.  Let that sink in.  Money that could have been spent on, oh I don't know, paying another QA tester?  Or maybe even paying Amorey and Hurin a little extra to shill a little harder for them on social media....

And they should get fired for doing such a lackluster job.  The only way to have made it any worse is if they did stick puppets instead of uninspiring combat footage.

• Like 1

TheyBreakGames (C) and StandStillGames (C) present the Don't Buy Mordor Trailer

Not all legends are truly tested, viewer discretion is advised!

• Like 1

Someone posted this in OF

DNDcVpb.gif

Total loss.

I wonder if ruining female faces and making them run like men is a coincidence.

12 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

but the new avatars are fantastic  

Amorey clearly misspelled craptastic, right there. Especially the lower one, eww! Looks like shit.

SNy

It's like the company is infested with a bunch of SJWs and won't allow the elves to be beautiful because it's a "misogynistic portrayal of women".

18 hours ago, Amorey said:

but the new avatars are fantastic  

Sorry, Laurinaohtar that was the post I meant to reply to.

3 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

That's the really sad part.  Such low standards and low expectations for value.  They'd pay a hundred bucks for a bucket full of shit if the bucket said "Mordor" on the side. And that's precisely what they received with the last three expansions.

Some of those people really feels loyalty toward this product and they want to save it any cost, even when what they get is not worth it at least at my opinion.

Even the 40$ deal is too much when I compare it to other games at the market.

58 minutes ago, Amorey said:

I said 'fantastic' because I was really impressed with how my elf looked when I logged in yesterday .

Jeez, "impressed" as well. Would you also like to use "awe-inspired", "mesmerised", and "wondrous" while you're busy throwing antonyms out?

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

Jeez, "impressed" as well. Would you also like to use "awe-inspired", "mesmerised", and "wondrous" while you're busy throwing antonyms out?

No,  I reserve those for when I read your posts here  

Don't like the new character models ?  Easy, just keep using the old ones.  

And just forget about the resources wasted on them, resources that could have been used more wisely elsewhere.....like a better launch trailer.

12 minutes ago, Amorey said:

No,  I reserve those for when I read your posts here  

Don't kid yourself. You know they wouldn't be antonyms for my posts.

But sure, I'll just keep using the old ones (she thinks people still play this game).

13 minutes ago, Amorey said:

As usual, you're a hopelessly blind fangirl that just accepts whatever SSG puts out as "good", despite a new character model actually being something that should be on par with https://wow.gamepedia.com/Player_character_revamp .

That's what a character revamp and new models should do, and that's what a lot of the player base expected.  What we got was the ability to use any arbitrary part with any gender - essentially, we get to be trans now =/

I think the avatar update is kind of disappointing. I thought that at the very least we would get a larger selection of options, but due to the poor conversion of many of the faces and features, the selection has actually become much smaller. I second the notion that old avatars should at the very least be an option to use alongside the 'new' avatars. They completely messed up many hairstyles, and especially Male Elves and Female Humans are just an embarrassment. 

Just like the trailer, a dedicated community member can do a thousand times better. I honestly get how people become very protective of SSG at this point, their half arsed approach is jeopardizing their own future playing the game they love. I just wish people would realize that this only further encourages SSG to continue with this modus operandi

23 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

As usual, you're a hopelessly blind fangirl that just accepts whatever SSG puts out as "good", despite a new character model actually being something that should be on par with https://wow.gamepedia.com/Player_character_revamp .

That's what a character revamp and new models should do, and that's what a lot of the player base expected.  What we got was the ability to use any arbitrary part with any gender - essentially, we get to be trans now =/

I can't wait to see how she reacts when they screw up the hobbit avatars.