Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Mordor Trailer

I'm sure her response will be "Well WoW has more money to work with".

That's not our problem.  LOTRO was on track to have a big stake in the MMO market in 2007, but its devs and CMs squandered everything that was fun about the game, lost all their subs, and drove it into the ground.  Had they not sabotaged their own product with absolute shit ideas and development, there would have been plenty of money to update character models today, and even some left over to update the datacenter hardware like they said they were going to do, or market the game in a manner that doesn't seem like they're ashamed of their own product, or upgrade the engine, or hire someone to fix the Beornings, or hire a Community Manager that doesn't depend on asskissers to deflect criticism and report anyone who has anything less than stellar to say about the game and its staff so that he won't lose his job.

Mordor is just the next nail in the coffin.  I sincerely hope it's the final straw for a lot of these sycophantic assholes, and that LOTRO gets shut down so a competent software company can take a crack at a Lord of the Rings MMO.

28 minutes ago, warspeech said:

I can't wait to see how she reacts when they screw up the hobbit avatars.  

Probably with the same inane BS...  assuming that they still work just fine for ERPingRPing.

I mean, she is certainly entitled to her opinion.  But for the love of God, her opinion ALWAYS seems to be contrary to criticism, as if she genuinely believes she's getting value for such a shitty product, instead of relying on trust fund babies with disposable income to keep the servers online .  If even a fraction of the community shared her opinions about the state of the game, then LOTRO would have more subscribers than World of Warcraft.  And on the OF, her opinions hold more weight than just about anyone else, because Cordovan likes her blind gushing praise...assuming she's not in his employ, which I'm still not entirely certain she's not.

Well, she can't excuse the shitty trailer.  She can't sit there and say "this is fine".  All she can do is make excuses for why it's so shitty.  And there's only one valid excuse in the entire world; because the company that produced it is equally shitty.

2 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

I mean, she is certainly entitled to her opinion.  But for the love of God, her opinion ALWAYS seems to be contrary to criticism, as if she genuinely believes she's getting value for such a shitty product, instead of relying on trust fund babies with disposable income to keep the servers online .  If even a fraction of the community shared her opinions about the state of the game, then LOTRO would have more subscribers than World of Warcraft.  And on the OF, her opinions hold more weight than just about anyone else, because Cordovan likes her blind gushing praise...assuming she's not in his employ, which I'm still not entirely certain she's not.

Well, she can't excuse the shitty trailer.  She can't sit there and say "this is fine".  All she can do is make excuses for why it's so shitty.  And there's only one valid excuse in the entire world; because the company that produced it is equally shitty.

You see the same sort of behavior when battered women defend their man to others, despite the guy being a douche bag in private.

While a lot of us have invested significant time and effort into the game over the years (some holding a fools hope that it would have improved by now) - there's some point where naive optimism must be replaced by reality.  For some (like Amorey) that will never happen.

Those few unable to see the truth for what it is should be fought tooth and nail if they are in a position of power, but pitied otherwise because they cannot cope with the truth.

I have no idea how these new human avatars got through QA. On top of completly ruining the original character appearance, new avatars suffer from severe clipping:

YPcyQGl.jpg

As added bonus, now all human male characters look the same:

SWHF6dr.jpg

This is just pathetic, I've seen modders produce higher quality models with next to no clipping.

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

You see the same sort of behavior when battered women defend their man to others, despite the guy being a douche bag in private.

While a lot of us have invested significant time and effort into the game over the years (some holding a fools hope that it would have improved by now) - there's some point where naive optimism must be replaced by reality.  For some (like Amorey) that will never happen.

Those few unable to see the truth for what it is should be fought tooth and nail if they are in a position of power, but pitied otherwise because they cannot cope with the truth.

A long time ago it became clear to me that the game won't improve, at least not in my opinion.

When every mechanism is bound to the store in one or another, you can't make it fun cause if it's fun people won't use the store to buy boosters or shortcuts.

This days when I play it I feel like at every direction I go the game point me to the store. Maybe I'm wrong but this is my own feeling.

And I'm sorry if I don't feel excitement about Mordor, I havn't tried it but I got the feeling it got the same generic quests we did over and over again.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh look, it's a snowflake.  Don't play with a hairdryer mmmmkay?

I talk about what I like, and FFXIV is a game that I like... if that's a problem, there's an ignore feature you dumb twat.

Are you trying to insult me, or what?

If so, please put the hairdryer in your own shallow cunt, instead of telling me to put FFXIV on ignore. 

The delusion doesn't stop with her.  Cordovan was trying to make it seem like the trailer is fine and has gotten a lot of positive feedback on his livestream earlier today.  He's surrounded himself with so many yes-men (and yes-women) that serve as enablers that he himself seems to be utterly blind to what an abysmal shitshow this entire expansion rollout has been, and how far the game has fallen since he got involved. 

Just now, Jedy2 said:

Are you trying to insult me, or what?

If so, please put the hairdryer in your own shallow cunt, instead of telling me to put FFXIV on ignore. 

61469061.jpg

Just now, psalm8818 said:

The delusion doesn't stop with her.  Cordovan was trying to make it seem like the trailer is fine and has gotten a lot of positive feedback on his livestream earlier today.  He's surrounded himself with so many yes-men (and yes-women) that serve as enablers that he himself seems to be utterly blind to what an abysmal shitshow this entire expansion rollout has been.  

The irony is that the video ON YOUTUBE has a 1:2 Like:Dislike ratio (go see it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q671RlV20lg )

14 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

That bottom character is most definitely not an improvement. Was going to log in tonight and check it out, not looking forward to seeing what my characters are going to look like now

Ok, well this was my plan, unfortunately no game in the history of crappy MMOs updates slower than Lotro.

2 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

Ok, well this was my plan, unfortunately no game in the history of crappy MMOs updates slower than Lotro.

With the help of the barber, while using the old avatars, I have been able to make changes that make them somewhat acceptable to me.

+++++++

What p****d me off even more was that unique armor pieces from my level 88 hunter were sitting in my bags, because SSG has suddenly decided that it can't be worn past level 85.

My tailor's crafting options are:

- make level 80 medium armor

or

- make level 85 guild armor

There are no level appropriate landscape drops in the AH at the moment.

Both crafting options have significant draw backs: in 2 levels the hunter can wear level 90 armor (... but the critted version will not be teal but the level below teal). The level 85 guild armor will take 6 weeks to make because of the cool down on large guild symbols. People have asked multiple times to have this cool down removed, but SSG doesn't do it.

It's really sad to see how SSG restricts us in all kinds of ways to play the game how we are used to. It is also sad to see that these restrictions are in place to push us to the essence armor and its grind and to prevent players from benefiting from earlier earned bonus armor pieces/sets.

The epic takes about 10 minutes to complete.  The only reward is a model of mt doom.  They needed to make way for the "Black book of Mordor" which requires the expac to access.  The other cash grab is those gorgoroth steelbound lootboxes that require a special "black key" to even open.  I was told they don't drop from landscape and the only way to get them is in the store.

25 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The epic takes about 10 minutes to complete.  The only reward is a model of mt doom.  They needed to make way for the "Black book of Mordor" which requires the expac to access.  The other cash grab is those gorgoroth steelbound lootboxes that require a special "black key" to even open.  I was told they don't drop from landscape and the only way to get them is in the store.

Well, there's also that emote that puts the glowing ring above your head, but I can understand why you'd forget that. 

Just now, warspeech said:

Well, there's also that emote that puts the glowing ring above your head, but I can understand why you'd forget that. 

Oh yeah that one.  Thanks for reminding me.

ah, that will be fun to use in the starter area's :P

6 hours ago, Thrabath said:

ah, that will be fun to use in the starter area's :P

Ha, and then 15 of them at the same time d;)b

Well, at least it's better than the first one...

marginally...

I don't mind this one too much for being a "regular trailer". An expansion trailer should be better than the "regular trailers" and the Mordor expansion trailer was way worse than this one IMO.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:39 AM, psalm8818 said:

Someone got PAID to produce that trailer.  Let that sink in.  Money that could have been spent on, oh I don't know, paying another QA tester?  Or maybe even paying Amorey and Hurin a little extra to shill a little harder for them on social media....

Sorry to barge into another thread.  But I'm honestly beginning to think you have me confused with someone else.  I posted several times in the trailer thread that the trailer was terrible (I was just polite about it), and I've recently been disagreeing/arguing with the other person you mention above (we very seldom agree).

I now note that more than a couple times you've gone out of your way to mention me as some reflexively pro-SSG shill.  Would you care to give an example that others wouldn't just see as me being politely critical or (*gasp*) fair. .  perhaps at the worst playing devil's advocate?

Or, when they do something very, very right (like the housing hooks revamp, or the difficulty increase in Mordor), it is seen as some betrayal of the cause to say "well done?"  Pointing out something good apparently obviates hundreds and hundreds of (albeit, cordial/polite) critical posts across a wide swath of topics?  If you say so. . .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trisswyn said:

They can't do a better trailer because the camera stuttering.

Yeah they can, they can take the stutterring camera and show us Mount Doom going off from the perspective of the orcs!

The "feature" would become "special effects".