Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Tedious

I finally started Mordor. While I'm just in Udun, I'm finding the best word to describe this xpac is "tedious".

While MoBs are slightly tougher, it seems like the effect of the changes is that the Mobs are more likely resist, block, parry, and/or evade, and so the fights are much longer. And that means it takes a lot longer to fight your way to the quest objective and then fight your way back out. I'm kind of sick of trash MoBs on the whole - I just want to complete the quest and turn it in without all the fuss and muss.

Also, there seem to be  a lot more auto-bestow quests, rather than ones quest giver NPCs; and that makes it much more difficult to find quests. And they still haven't learned that upon respawn should be set higher when a new zone is released - it's been nearly impossible to find some of the MoBs.

So, yeah, after a few hours of not getting much accomplished last night, I parked my toon.

A fool and his money, and all that....

I think the main reason no LP/TP were included with any version of Mordor, was because they knew you would be buying your future content with LP/TP after this mess. I held off on purchasing myself, and will be buying the Expansion when they hit the store for LP/TP. Mordor seems like a buggy mess, and the GF and I have decided to take a little break from the game until (at the very least) when Avatar fixes go in, and we still have a lot of content to do before she hits 105!

I feel sorry for all the people who did pay them up front, and I am not hopeful that things will be much better when Mordor does hit the LotrO store. But at least I will know I didn't reward them for half assing it, this time. I am pretty sure many people who did get Mordor won't be doing the same the next time SSG is desperate for cash.

Do you think they'll get the expansion to a playable (or Valar forbid fun?) state by the time there's a TP price?

After Trait Trees, Mounted Combat, and Big Battles, all of which are still broken (imo), I have learned to hope for the best and expect the worst.  For all we know the game could be dead before Mordor or the High Elf even hit the Lotro Store

I wish that.

Personal vendettas against community managers and paid shills aside, I say again I would love to play a Middle Earth MMO produced by......ANY other developer (preferably one that hasn't been bought up by Daybreak Games, and who has  higher standards and expectations for its employees than Turbine ever had).

29 minutes ago, Iance said:

For all we know the game could be dead before Mordor or the High Elf even hit the Lotro Store

The problem is for 10 years they are doing the same thing, leveling by questing.

Many mmos has abandon this way, or at least won't mind if you power level on a different way, and by won't mind I mean you will be able to do dalies and nothing will be gated behind doing the whole quest line to unlock something.

But I guess it's the easiest way to make quests that send you to collect/kill/explore x amount of y. Kinda sad I hoped at this point the developers will decide to make it more interesting.

But so far all I saw on Mordor is the same old stuff we saw if it's glorious reputation system/radiance and etc.

So I'm going to wait on buying Mordor, maybe when it go to store for lps I will buy it.

More evidence that the expansion was rushed:

Devs add a slider for particle effects, but any value other than the old one (all) makes quest objects stop sparkling:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?657088-Help-Please&p=7760013#post7760013

Edit:

And  here's the steed for the mordor meta-deed:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?657242-Rescued-Steed-of-Agarnaith

5 hours ago, warspeech said:

Meta deed looks like it's part zerg... and MAY be able to be passable as a FFXIV mount...

But I'm struggling to figure out what they were trying to do other than have leaves sticking off of a horse >.>

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Meta deed looks like it's part zerg... and MAY be able to be passable as a FFXIV mount...

But I'm struggling to figure out what they were trying to do other than have leaves sticking off of a horse >.>

The name of that horse better read: Ode to Canada.

Very appropriate when Canada is celebrating its 150th birthday this year.

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Do you get a kickback if you mention FF14 in a post? Or just once per thread? :P

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, warspeech said:

Oh, NOW they try to mix it up with the mounts. All there was before were boring horses and giant goats, and instead of going for maybe elk mounts they go for a damn tree-horse!

2 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Do you get a kickback if you mention FF14 in a post? Or just once per thread? :P

No, but I'm pointing out that the horse is so badly done that not even some of the very clearly not real world and fantasy based mounts in FFXIV don't even look THAT unrealistic.

Hell, that mount isn't even something that would fit in WoW.

7 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Yes, that horse is pretty bad.

Exactly.

It's like "how many mushrooms, joints, lines of crack, pounds of meth, and bottles of whiskey led to this?"

It reminds me a lot of the horse they added in Dark Age of Camelot (not a plug, Fundin, so stop typing) for the sylvan race, and that was years ago, so it's not like this was even an original idea.

Lol they should just stick with what they are good at, horse blankets. At least that way non-creative people have to work harder to break the less is more rule....that horse is....busy.  and probably needs a salve ,or a bullet.