Sign in to follow this  
Papi

Patch 4.1

Some prelim info from the livestream...

a new dungeon, a new 24-man raid, a new extreme primal, a new "super savage" raid--the Unending Coil of Bahamut, new beast tribe quests, new MSQ, PvP updates, a few QoL updates (moving crafting and beast tribe currencies over to the main currency tab) and an update to our squadrons.  4.1 looks pretty meaty--but that is to be expected from SE

https://imgur.com/a/EVk4q

I think so.

Ironically, SE puts out more content in a point update than all of Mordor.

59 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I think so.

Ironically, SE puts out more content in a point update than all of Mordor.

Can you imagine LotRO in the hands of SE (all while keeping the current aesthetic/feel of Middle Earth)?  I try not to think too hard about that, because we know it will never happen, but...

4 hours ago, Papi said:

Can you imagine LotRO in the hands of SE (all while keeping the current aesthetic/feel of Middle Earth)?  I try not to think too hard about that, because we know it will never happen, but...

Yeah, we would have roasted the ring by about four years in (if not soon), and we would have been well into the fourth age by now.

6 hours ago, Papi said:

trailer released with the live letter: 

FTFY =P

Patch Notes: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539

Oh my word that final duty [solo instance] (the one with the primal) was mind blowing.  I loved how they made what had become basically mooks into something that actually had very strong dramatic tension as you were put to work trying to keep everyone alive and untempered.

And my word the character development in the MSQ.

New 4 man is fun, haven't done either new raid yet, and there's still the new Hildibrand and beast tribe quests left to do.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:15 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Patch Notes: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539

Oh my word that final duty [solo instance] (the one with the primal) was mind blowing.  I loved how they made what had become basically mooks into something that actually had very strong dramatic tension as you were put to work trying to keep everyone alive and untempered.

And my word the character development in the MSQ.

New 4 man is fun, haven't done either new raid yet, and there's still the new Hildibrand and beast tribe quests left to do.

yeah, the final duty was great...didn't see that coming, I was actually on the edge of my chair trying to click on those bloody spheres lol.

I'm obviously a big softie...when she said goodbye to Raubhan...major feels for pixels on a screen.

The 24 man will blow you away, lots of new tactics/strategies...and visually, it looks amazing.

Yeah, I mean, they push out so much content that it's probably one of the reasons why FFXIV is actually able to go toe to toe with WoW.

Blizzard will take note though, which is only going to be a win for everyone.