Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Technical Issues facing LotRO install on Windows 10

2 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

Your only reason for your hatred of me is that I won't play waifu dressup with you and Almagnus1.

Hey, keep me out of this ersatz mating ritual, thank you very much.

Once upon a time a post was made on these forums that expressed disappointment in me for losing my way, and becoming too rancorous in the way I debated with people on the LotRO forums.  That post always bothered me.  Because there is some truth to it.

I have indeed not always held myself to as high a standard as I should have.  While I have no excuse, I feel compelled to explain. . . I can only answer/address/refute the same spurious "arguments" politely so many times before I begin to lose some composure.  Case in point.  Please watch how that devolves.  Indeed, please note how I'm usually alone, fighting a tag-team of many "We'll never get to Mordor unless we sell out the game's integrity yet again. . ." folks for page after page after page, almost daily, week after week, month after month.  But I hung in there and endured it as best I could --compromised as I was in my ability to be cordial at all times-- because I cared about the game and didn't want it diminished/easy-moded/solo-ified.

No, I didn't always remain as cordial while arguing as I should have when faced with the same question for the fiftieth time.  Indeed, a question I had just answered on the prior page and yet found myself answering yet again.  I let my exhaustion and annoyance show far too often.  And I'm sorry for that.  I wish I could have done better.

Anyways. . . to all who share a similar view. . . sorry.

--Hurin

Edited by Hurin
removed necro quote and edited to make more sense in its absence.

On 9.9.2017 at 5:56 PM, Almagnus1 said:

...and get them to at least look at their shit, and hopefully fix it too.

Haha! YMMD.

"Fix it.", as if. Hilarious.

SNy

19 hours ago, Hurin said:

P.S.  Dalthalion, yes I noted the "selfish" charge.  Why exactly am I in the avatar upgrade threads (to pick only a recent example) addressing bad/spurious arguments despite being almost completely unaffected personally?  Couldn't be because of a principle that I value could it?  I'm troubled a bit by how I'm blasted for both arguing just to argue by some, and for only arguing out of self-interest by others.

That reminds me.  I forgot to use the term "narcissistic".  Thank you for necessitating its use, by your predictable responses.

Anyways, I'll endeavor not to reply, you have the floor.

Oh, that's quite impossible to believe.  Your posting history shows a complete lack of restraint in that regard.

Edited by Doro
removed replies to derail

Modbreak: removed a derail caused by a 5 year old necro.

14 minutes ago, Doro said:

Modbreak: removed a derail of the derail.

It's like modception.

14 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It's like modception.

I'm just waiting for the post:

Modbreak: removed a derail of the derail of the derail.

and then maybe another that's

Modbreak: removed a derail of the derail of the derail of the derail.