Sign in to follow this  
psalm8818

In Which Cordovan Loses All That Good Will He Offered....

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?658936-Something-went-wrong

An entertaining read at the very least. 

I genuinely hope this ends up being the final nail in the coffin for what's left of the community.  

I was actually beginning to think Cordovan would make it out of 3rd quarter 2017 with his job (contrary to my prediction last year), but now it looks like he's back on track.  Fingers crossed.

I got through the first 9 pages, and then skipped to the last 2 (this post made me smile).

Though I can't see where Cordovan's at fault here. He's literally just a mouthpiece for the bad news. It's the devs who fucked up here (and badly, considering how many people apparently got rid of their old armour for this new barter shit). Is there a particular post amongst that 30 page thread you're referring to?

Edit: kept looking, and this is interesting. What's the betting this defender won't get banned for their post?

• Like 2

Is it just me, or does there seem to be some trolls missing?

I noticed that as well.  The usual suspects aren't anywhere to be seen.

Kind of reminds me what's going on with a certain Hollywood production company right now.

@Doro, it's not so much that it's his fault, as the sarcastic, "why so serious" tone his replies have taken.  He didn't piss off the jaded cynics with lofty expectations this time.  He pissed off EVERYONE.

Might as well post this here; just as you think Truibin™ can't get any worse:

Thanks for the feedback.

Our goal is that you can earn - while playing the game - all statistical bonuses that you can get from lootboxes. In the case of the vendor rings, they will also have a chance to drop in the upcoming raid. That drop can also upgrade, so upgraded rings will be possible to obtain in game. We realize that having a short period where they are in the lootboxes before the raid is available is not ideal, but players will be able to get upgraded rings in game.

If players find other statistical bonuses in lootboxes that cannot be duplicated in game they should definitely bring them here.

Sev~

Edit: One point of clarification; there are upgraded items in the raid that are better than anything a player can get with a lootbox.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?658738-Pay-to-win-Continued-Efforts-or-new-Gorgoroth-Lootboxes-loot&p=7776678#post7776678

Get your raid gear before the raid goes live by purchasing hundreds of dollars "worth of" lootbox keys from Lotro™ Store™!

for some reason it doesn't surprise me any more, I won't be surprised if it was all planned ahead.

13 hours ago, Doro said:

What's the betting this defender won't get banned for their post?

I noticed that the first post I linked to was removed, a non-sexual picture of a woman with loads of sausages in her face and the labels of fanboy for the woman, and SSG for sausages.

The second post, with the insults and profanity, is still there, but that one is attacking complainers so of course it's fine. Same ol' same ol'.

Does anyone remember that, quite a few years ago now, Turbine tried to sell armour through the store?

Enough players went vocal about it, and it didn't happen.

I wonder whether that was the moment when the wheels started turning: how can we make money off armour?

Et voila, no more crafting updates, armour that required essences, and then... craftable essences that required solvents.

And now.... drum roll.... BiS gear from lootboxes.... Shame SSG, Shame.

• Like 1

This my friends is how you kill a game.   I swear there must be a level on the IQ scale lower than retarded.  These dipshits couldn't find their asshole with a map and a mirror.  At this point I think it's intentional.  They want to get rid of lotro and the only way they can do it is to ensure it's no longer profitable.  Then they can wash their hands of it and focus on DDO, or whatever the fuck they do there, besides fondling each others nuts.

3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

This my friends is how you kill a game.   I swear there must be a level on the IQ scale lower than retarded.  These dipshits couldn't find their asshole with a map and a mirror.  At this point I think it's intentional.  They want to get rid of lotro and the only way they can do it is to ensure it's no longer profitable.  Then they can wash their hands of it and focus on DDO, or whatever the fuck they do there, besides fondling each others nuts.

No idea if it's intentional but they wont kill the game the easily many players still defend SSG, and as it seems they enjoy giving SSG their money.

I simply start to think that maybe SSG realized who are their costumers, and just deliver to their expectation.

I mean if people paid 130 euro for Mordor, and even 40 euro is way too much, why should the company spend time on proper beta testing and proper QA, when the player simply look the other way.

So I don't think they are trying to kill the game just trying to get as much money as they can out of it, but not in any smart way in my opinion. This game could have been gold mine but instead they probably prefer a dairy.

• Like 2

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?659036-Update-21-2-1-Release-Notes

Update 21.2.1 Release Notes
Update 21.2.1 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 21.2.1, released on Friday, October 13th.

News and Notes:

Crafting

Housing decoration crafting stations can be used by crafters of any proficiency to make items of any tier within their respective professions.

Events

The Harvestmath Festival Quest "A Spirited Harvest" will no longer be removed from your quest log, and reset during each login, if you have it underway.
The Harvestmath Festival cosmetic pet Tome of the Gourd-lurker no longer promises you a journey which it cannot deliver. It now accurately tells you it will grant you a Gourd-lurker cosmetic pet.
Harvestmath Festival vendors in Thorin's Hall, Duillond, and at the Party Tree have been given new stock by Alf Mossman, and now carry gift box versions of the Autumn Leafmail Fall Festival cosmetics.

Items

Ash of Gorgoroth is now Account-bound. For this change to take effect, you must log in every character on your account that has Ashes of Gorgoroth in their inventory or Barter Wallet.
The item level 326 Legendary quality rings previously available from the High-enchanter (Iswa, Linta, or Turca) can now be exchanged, along with 800 Ashes of Gorgoroth, for the new item level 330 version of the ring. Note that this exchange only affects rings acquired from the High-enchanter and not any other rings of the same name.
Incomparable gear purchased from the High-enchanter at unintentionally low Ash of Gorgoroth prices have been reduced slightly in power to approximately match the item level 330 rare gear available for barter. All Essences slotted into that gear remain intact.
This gear can be distinguished because it now carries the named "Cursed" as a prefix.
Players can continue to use their Cursed gear without ill effect. When you choose to disenchant Cursed gear, you will receive its original purchase price in Ash of Gorgoroth and a number of Empowered Shadow Essence Boxes equal to the number of Essence slots on the Cursed piece. These will come packaged in a High-enchanter's Item Exchange Box.

The High-enchanter's prices for item level 330 Incomparable jewellery and armour have been adjusted. Incomparable pieces barter for three times the cost of the rare equivalent.
Equipment that was incorrectly using the values for rare heavy armour is now using the correct light, medium, or heavy armour values of the appropriate quality.

Quests and Adventure Areas

The Dol Amroth quest "Death from Above" should now be completable even after reaching level 110 or higher.

UI

Monster Players and Session Players can now access the new Filter UI (Alt+R).
German clients can now see the Small Fellowship text on the Quest Bestow panel.
Quest Log filter buttons cannot be pressed until a Quest has been selected.
Quest Log filter buttons should draw at the bottom left when using custom UI skins.
Players can now cancel and filter the quest "Hobnanigans is Here!".

Seems fair. 

They could have avoided bad blood if this was their first suggestion. I was royally pissed off (for my friends). Personally nonplussed. 

This one brought out people who rarely post on the OF at all to add their "WTFs" to the uproar.  

You know, the ones who are happy with everything and just play the game.  

They're not happy now. 

11 hours ago, berry said:

No idea if it's intentional but they wont kill the game the easily many players still defend SSG, and as it seems they enjoy giving SSG their money.

I simply start to think that maybe SSG realized who are their costumers, and just deliver to their expectation.

I mean if people paid 130 euro for Mordor, and even 40 euro is way too much, why should the company spend time on proper beta testing and proper QA, when the player simply look the other way.

So I don't think they are trying to kill the game just trying to get as much money as they can out of it, but not in any smart way in my opinion. This game could have been gold mine but instead they probably prefer a dairy.

They have a "Whatever.  You know you can't get Tolkien anywhere else" approach to development now.

As long as money comes in, I don't think anyone gets dinged for screwups like this nowadays.  They probably all just laugh at the end of the day.

• Like 1

This has to be deliberate.  No developer/coder/community relations manager could possibly be THIS stupid.  They have to be aware how many subs this is going to cost them, and how they have no chance of recouping the licensing fees.  It's been one shithsow after another since the launch of Morder (aye, it started long before, but that was the brave new flagship of the rebranded studio).  There's no way it's not on purpose.

You know what the great irony of all this is:

Warframe (made by Digital Extremes) just released Plains of Eidolon FOR FREE with a ton of ingame demand and it's largley working.  That's with over 150 instances of the associated city attached to the open world and it allows you to (for the first time in Warframe) seamlessly walk from the city to right outside the games and start missioning.

The difference?  One studio loves their product to pieces (and it shows) and will bend over backwards for the community, while the other wouldn't know PR if it bit them in the ass.

And they are both F2P games to boot.

2 hours ago, Papi said:

It gets better, their hot fix screwed things up even more...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?659055-Bugs-yet-again!

Who runs a patch on Friday the 13th anyway?

That date has, oddly enough, been very lucky for my family.

And no, our last name isn't Adams or Munster.

38 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

This has to be deliberate.  No developer/coder/community relations manager could possibly be THIS stupid.  They have to be aware how many subs this is going to cost them, and how they have no chance of recouping the licensing fees.  It's been one shithsow after another since the launch of Morder (aye, it started long before, but that was the brave new flagship of the rebranded studio).  There's no way it's not on purpose.

Never underestimate the power of stupidity and the arrogance that comes with it.

14 minutes ago, Papi said:

And still there are douchebags who commented on that post with shit like this:

"I used to hold The Lotro Players in the highest respect and enjoyed the articles. Now that Lotro Players seems to have become a Lotro hate group, I see no reason to be partner to it."

Or:

"I’m thinking you should change the name if the site to Lotto Elite Players since all your complaining and negativity revolves around the 5 percent of the playerbase that it affects. It’s a game, a good one." (I bolded that part, because I'm still amazed at the tastes of some people)

Even the supposed lead director of the site said:

"This has gone on long enough… I’m tempted to pull this article down from the site… "

Don't want to go admitting faults, do we? Amazing, really.

Yeah, this one hit a nerve with a *lot* of the people still playing.  

LOTRO is giving away 50 mithril coins per account, with code MORDORMITHRIL.  Good through October 22.

3 minutes ago, Doro said:

And still there are douchebags who commented on that post with shit like this:

"I used to hold The Lotro Players in the highest respect and enjoyed the articles. Now that Lotro Players seems to have become a Lotro hate group, I see no reason to be partner to it."

Or:

"I’m thinking you should change the name if the site to Lotto Elite Players since all your complaining and negativity revolves around the 5 percent of the playerbase that it affects. It’s a game, a good one." (I bolded that part, because I'm still amazed at the tastes of some people)

Even the supposed lead director of the site said:

"This has gone on long enough… I’m tempted to pull this article down from the site… "

Don't want to go admitting faults, do we? Amazing, really.

Gotta keep on SSG's good side in case they ever send out more lootcrates to their volunteer PR staff. 

Wait, so SSG isn't this new group completely different from old Turbine who are going to do an amazing job with Lotro?  

The Lotroplayer article is very good in summarizing the problems - easier/faster than reading the forum thread.  

What is most telling about the Official Forum thread is that over and over players explain how unfair this is (due to them destroying their old armor), and Cordovan and SSG decide to be completely silent on this problem.  

I went through the Dev tracker and Cordovan is making other posts, but SSG refuses to discuss this problem with players. Looks really bad, IMO. They are not treating players as people, but instead as a commodity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doro said:

LOL elite?  That's gotta be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

And this is exactly why you don't cater to your game to childless octogenarians... because they have the reaction speed of a dead fish and they're mean as sin to anyone pointing that out.

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And this is exactly why you don't cater to your game to childless octogenarians... because they have the reaction speed of a dead fish and they're mean as sin to anyone pointing that out.

Watch out. They'll be back on you with a witty retort in about 3 years.

How about this one:

Hotfix tomorrow morning (Sunday) from 7am till 11am est .....?

And people think we have to be thankful for that.....

On 10/14/2017 at 12:43 AM, Doro said:

Watch out. They'll be back on you with a witty retort in about 3 years.

I dunno if LotRO would last that long....

Hopes and dreams can only sustain you so far.