Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Well, the UK's screwed...

With freedom of speech, you need to protect the extremes, the assholes, and the bigots... or the average folk do not have freedom of speech.

Based off of what's going on with Count Dankula... the UK is completely screwed.  You can read about this https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/20/count-dankula-meechan-hate-speech-nazi .

The more stuff I see about how screwed up the UK is, the more I'm convinced that England is now an Islamic colony, and no longer the proud kingdom that has survived for more than a millennia that also birthed the United States.  A kingdom felled by identity politics.

Hopefully y'all in the UK can either your country fixed, or get out before it all goes to hell.

There are idiots everywhere - in a Polish forest some celebrated Hitler's birthday. Obviously wiping off a quarter of Poland's population will get you that. 

The problem becomes serious when morons elect their representative to rule their country. If you live in such a shit-hole country I advise you to get rich quick and think about Switzerland or Norway as emigration targets. 

I'll give Poland a two years stay of execution. (Until next general election).  

P.S. Freedom of speech for Elf-haters or Satan worshipers - sure. Go ahead. Hitler and ISIS worship? Not so funny, in my view. 

Just a quick one, this was in Scotland, which is part of the UK, but not England.

But on the topic, yes, this was fucking insane. What angers me the most was what the "judge" in this case said about why he convicted him of a hate crime.

"In my view it is a reasonable conclusion that the video is grossly offensive."

"The accused knew that the material was offensive and knew why it was offensive."

"Despite that the accused made a video containing anti-Semitic content and he would have known it was grossly offensive to many Jewish people."

It's a hate crime because it was OFFENSIVE?! Do me a fucking favour. Ooh better not upset the Jews, that would be anti-Semitic! Better not ever mention Nazis, because someone Jewish might be offended! You made a dog do a salute? Well, I guess you hate Jews!

And since when has people being offended been considered a valued argument for what constitutes a hate crime? That's becoming a broad fucking definition now, where anything and everything is a "hate crime" if someone from a different group to you gets upset by it. How about we actually wait to find out just how many people WERE offended by a pug saluting, and then just tells those people to fuck off? What has their feeling of offence got to do with controlling reality?

If we're talking offensive, how about the act of Jews bombing the shit out of Palestinians and taking over more and more land they don't own? That's pretty offensive both physically and metaphysically. That's also anti-Semitic, since Palestinians are also Semites. But nooooo it's only for when you might upset a few Jews (and I mean just a few, there's only about 6,000 in Scotland to begin with). No, can't even mention that, because it's anti-Semitic to do so.

Fuck the UK. It's a stinking mass of leftist, spineless, self-entitled cunts, and it deserves to sink into the sea.

Hate crime laws gotta go. Else it leads to crap like this. And I'm a guy who thinks anti-Jew stuff IS offensive. (It also leads to girls being groomed as sex slaves because you dare not mention it is Islamic men doing it for fear of being accused of a hate crime.)

3 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Hate crime laws gotta go.

No. 

If stirred, hatred spills out of society with surprising intensity.

50k+ "PATRIOTS" marching under pseudo-Nazi banners in bloody Poland of all places. Revival of fascism in Italy, and general spread of hatred and xenophobia - I do hope you all defenders of free speech remember the hecatomb it led to the last time. Jews. Muslims, Blacks, immigrants, aliens - matters not. Any target is good. Preferably one that virtually does not exist. (Like the 42 refugees in Poland, or its 3000 Jews) Let us split the society, induce the rise of hatred, bad blood, fear, negative emotions -  and ride the wave!!! Onward! To Victory! We Will Win! Seig Heil! 

Too much Political Correctness or a few silly rulings is a puny price to pay if it stops this massacre.

My post from two years ago, just after Populists came to power in Poland;

What I will never condone is the level of hatred and fear, stirred up by cynical bastards for their own short term profit.

I will tell you a true story from a fast food in Poland. 

A Pole of Arab (Syrian to be precise - we had many of them Syrian students and such during the communist cooperation with the Assad regime, but I digress)...

So, a Pole of Arab descent is eating in this rather empty fast-food restaurant. In comes a kindergarten expedition (do not ask me to comment on the wisdom of it). 

They children see the guy, and start screaming in fear; "A refugee, Madam, a refugee!!!". They panic. The lady cannot control them, and comes up to the guy, says she's very sorry but could he please lave the restaurant. 

The takes his burger and leaves. 

Don't let them fill the cauldron with poison. 

The hallmark of a free society is that I may totally disapprove of what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it until I die.

1 hour ago, Jedy2 said:

No. 

50k+ "PATRIOTS" marching under pseudo-Nazi banners in bloody Poland of all places. Revival of fascism in Italy, and general spread of hatred and xenophobia - I do hope you all defenders of free speech remember the hecatomb it led to the last time. Jews. Muslims, Blacks, immigrants, aliens - matters not. Any target is good. Preferably one that virtually does not exist. (Like the 42 refugees in Poland, or its 3000 Jews) Let us split the society, induce the rise of hatred, bad blood, fear, negative emotions -  and ride the wave!!! Onward! To Victory! We Will Win! Seig Heil! 

Too much Political Correctness or a few silly rulings is a puny price to pay if it stops this massacre.

My post from two years ago, just after Populists came to power in Poland;

What perpetuates the sexual grooming of young women and girls in Telford or Rotherham is that people are afraid to speak up about it for fear of being labelled a racist, with jail time a possibility.

Remember that the people who define hate crimes are the people in power. That can always flip and then those who want to defend minorities could be thrown in jail. Forcing people to be silent will not stop how they think. Letting it be talked about and denounced with full public debate is far better than shutting people up.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your position. It will be a sad day when I cannot due to laws against freedom of speech.

9 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

No. 

There is no such thing as "hate speech", because you can boil down "hate speech" to "things I don't like to hear".

The problem with hate speech legislation is that it allows the government to abuse said legislation because there's little difference between hate speech legislation and blasphemy laws in practice.

I mean... this is a thing because of the abuse of power from the UK government:

The UK government forced out two men and a woman because they are "wrong thinkers".  And before anyone asks, Lauren Southern is officially recognized as male in Canada, and he's often misgendered as female.

7 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

What perpetuates the sexual grooming of young women and girls in Telford or Rotherham is that people are afraid to speak up about it for fear of being labelled a racist, with jail time a possibility.

Remember that the people who define hate crimes are the people in power. That can always flip and then those who want to defend minorities could be thrown in jail. Forcing people to be silent will not stop how they think. Letting it be talked about and denounced with full public debate is far better than shutting people up.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your position. It will be a sad day when I cannot due to laws against freedom of speech.

The sad thing is that the UK government read 1984, and then used it as a guideline for how to run a government.

-----

And then there's the defendant's response, and a good summary of why this case is so critical for the UK:

9 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

No. 

"Hate crime" is something that needs to be abolished. The very concept of something being a hate crime is redundant. If you attack someone because of who they are, that's a crime plain and simple. If you're promoting violence against people, that's a crime. It doesn't have to be elevated to another special level of crime because they're different to you. It's divisive bullshit used by the supposedly anti-racist (though, ironically, more racist) left to protect their favourite interest group for that year.

It also doesn't help that what constitutes "hate" is now loose and entirely dependent on who's doing the defining. Mark Meechan got done for being offensive, and that's considered a hate crime just because a group they don't see him as being the same as might get upset. So loose that the powers that be can use it to silence criticism of particular groups whenever they want (the actions of Jews in Palestine, the grooming gangs of Muslims in Britain, the stabbings/acid attacks of predominantly black/mixed race youths in London, etc).

Control of language and expression is not the solution to preventing past mistakes.

• Like 1

Here, watch the UK "police" in action.  This is what got Lauren Southern banned from the UK... for what basically amounts to blasphemy against Islam.

Islam is a religion of peace...

Peace through tyranny.

That's the first time I've watched that video and it just makes me laugh. That cop going "oh we have to stop you doing that because people might get injured", and when questioned why anyone would get injured he just responds with "because it offends people", as though violence is the perfectly acceptable response to being peacefully offended. Great, so you move on someone making a peaceful demonstration because a bunch of Muslims are going to just uptight and violent over it (as they're well known to do). Instead of dealing with that, they decide it's better to just give in to the violent extremists. Hooray for diversity! Hooray for tolerant Islam! Hooray for pathetic UK!

At least there's a grassroots movement that's getting momentum...

Maybe some home amongst the despair?

15 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

At least there's a grassroots movement that's getting momentum...

Maybe some home amongst the despair?

Oh gods, if someone like Sargon "The Biggest Cuck In The Galaxy" Akkad is the face of a movement, you know there's no hope. It's like there's no middle ground for this sort of thing; they're either big louts lumbering around being overtly racist (EDL, BNP, add your own acronym here), or they're weedy little soyboys having tea parties (this alt-right lot).

Sorry to say this but do me a favour and fuck off. 

If you are going to judge an entire country on the act of one stupid judge then I will kindly suggest your fucked because there is not a country in the world where some crazy shit hasn't happened. 

I am positive I could find some stupid story from god knows how many countries where I could point and say "Omg your country is fucked" 

Jesus just spend a few minutes on the r/NewsOfTheWeird sub in reddit and you will see what I mean. 

Christ it's like the fucking Daily Mail here. 

Someone woke up a little grouchy...

13 hours ago, Validoom said:

Sorry to say this but do me a favour and fuck off. 

If you are going to judge an entire country on the act of one stupid judge then I will kindly suggest your fucked because there is not a country in the world where some crazy shit hasn't happened. 

I am positive I could find some stupid story from god knows how many countries where I could point and say "Omg your country is fucked" 

Jesus just spend a few minutes on the r/NewsOfTheWeird sub in reddit and you will see what I mean. 

Christ it's like the fucking Daily Mail here. 

When you have asinine laws on the books you have a much higher chance of omg-you're-fucked moments. Highlighting those moments shows why those laws need to be rescinded.

15 hours ago, Doro said:

Someone woke up a little grouchy...

Lol yeah. I'm just sick of having to listen to people who sound like walking advertisements for the Daily Mail. 

The thing is because of my work (I work in probation) I know full well that so called National Press love to print only half the story and the rest is just print plain bullshit to scare people. 

9 hours ago, Validoom said:

Lol yeah. I'm just sick of having to listen to people who sound like walking advertisements for the Daily Mail. 

The thing is because of my work (I work in probation) I know full well that so called National Press love to print only half the story and the rest is just print plain bullshit to scare people.

So it's "Daily Mail" to think that this is outrageous, and that the system in place can even allow for such an outcome to begin with? And what's the other half to this story that made the rest plain bullshit?

If you had freedom of speech in the UK (which you don't, btw), then the entire court case against Ct. Dankula for that pug video never should have been tried.

You don't, and now there's proof that the UK effectively has Islamic Blasphemy laws being actioned upon.

If that's not something worth being outraged over, then you are so clueless about what's going on that we may never be able to explain it to you because you don't have the IQ (or willingness) to comprehend the situation.

To be fair, the UK's screwed beyond just this sort of stuff. If we're not just going to end up with social systems collapsing in on themselves and a consistently stagnating political system built to keep career politicians paid, we'll end up pushed into some stupid war for some obvious false flags (in before "tinfoil hats").

Take the Russian spy poisoning, for example. They wanted to kill an ex-spy that has been in the UK for almost a decade now. The reason you normally want to kill an ex-spy is to prevent secrets getting out, or to send a message. Well, they waited 8 years, so it's not to stop the secrets. And the message being sent? We have incompetent assassins. No way. Not to mention that the whole set up was so blatantly pointing to Russia, it's laughable. If you want to assassinate someone (who has no security in place at all), why would you make a massive song and dance about it with arrows pointing straight back to you? You wouldn't.

Now we've got this chemical attack in Syria. Another case where the action gives the supposed perpetrator absolutely no advantages, and only makes it harder for themselves. Yeah, let's bomb civilians with chemical weapons for "reasons", that'll definitely help us win the war and not result in the rest of the world turning on each other over it. There's just no sense behind it, but before any investigation the media was immediately jumping to "Assad and Russia did it" (and gave away a bit too much when they got people in to start saying it's a threat to Israel, and of course they like to play the victim to excuse what they do next). Same with the spy poisoning, it jumped straight to "Russia did it", before the investigation which later concluded "we don't know where the chemicals came from". The media pushed it as much as they could.

The same thing happened with the US elections. They immediately jumped to demonising Russia and making misleading claims like they "hacked" the election. At the time, I thought it was hypocritical nonsense to distract from what was happening in the US, but I realise now it was just an early step in the anti-Russia propaganda that's being built. All the players are being moved into place for WW3 (the exact reason I didn't want to see Clinton in power to start with, but it looks like Trump made a perfectly good puppet anyway), with the US getting confrontational with China and North Korea (even after North Korea tried to reach out to South Korea), and the UK getting confrontational with Russia. Will Sergei Skripal be our Franz Ferdinand? Will Syria be our Belgium or Poland? Tune in for the next exciting episode of "bloodthirsty tyrants working to fuck our planet up yet again"!

I suppose it's not so much the UK's screwed, more that the world's screwed because of what half a dozen nations are doing.

I would anticipate a second US civil war long before WW3 tbh.

The Democrats have gone so far to the left that they've made the center to the right - essentially they've done the political equivalent of "With us or against us", and have basically been committing sedition trying to overthrow Trump, who was lawfully elected.  Throw in all the identity politics and they're going to keep pushing the everyone until they snap back... because we all know that when push comes to shove, the Conservatives will win in a brawl because the Democrat's are basically a bunch of soyboys and beta males that can't compete with alpha males in a fight.  That, and the US military has zero reason to back anything the Democrats do because the Democrats have done nothing but demonize the US military.

What really gets me about all this is that the Democrats aren't looking at Pence, because of how the Presedential succession works ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession ), so if they do manage to defeat Trump... how is Pence going to handle all this?

I don't like it, and I really don't like that the media is after their sensational news story by blasting propaganda that the sheeps (like several of the other posters here) swallow hook, line, and sinker.

It's setting the stage for the second US CIvil War...  and that's never a good thing.

I've got my suspicions that an actual US civil war won't be coming for a while. The way The Powers That Be are working, it's all through small steps, not massive changes. A US civil war would create anarchy in their most powerful asset, and won't happen until they've dealt with "rogue" nations they haven't got a hold of yet.

Currently, the idea is to continue enforcing this "two party" mindset. It makes it so much easier for them to control people when they can split them right down the middle and make them fight amongst themselves. They encourage the fanaticism and the division, that "us vs them" mindset, to keep people distracted from the fact that it's all the same bullshit at the top. Better for people to focus on the petty things instead of seeing the larger picture. In its current form, the US is the perfect puppet for them and provides the military might to act as the global army wherever they so choose.

They definitely do want to push a more left-wing ideology, since despite them being "liberal" those ideologies actually promote the opposite of liberalism (control of speech, government interventions in businesses, redefining terms, self-victimisation, stronger focus on race/gender/sexuality differences, etc). Which is why they've got most of the media, and the schools, and the lobby groups, to help them promote it without needing to win the masses over. The vast majority don't agree with the sort of beliefs being pushed all the time in the media, but they're treated as if they're the standard (which was why so many were shocked on the outcomes of Brexit and Trump).

What will happen (and is happening) is that Trump will continue to create friction with other nations, and likely end up in a war by the end of his term, which he'll hand over to a Democrat when they get into power (and they will, because the campaign will be to constantly promote all the bad things happening amongst Republicans). Then the next president will "miraculously" end the war and withdraw, creating a new peace treaty to show how good they are, all while the damage has already been done to the foreign nation and a new puppet government is in place controlled by TPTB that already control the US. Guns get taken from the US citizens (as a couple of overzealous students are currently promoting because they think school shootings are their biggest concern, "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"), then a "civil war" can be had again but this time it will mostly be a slaughter.

This rabbit hole goes much deeper, too.

I don't think that's actually accurate, as some of the stuff I'm seeing about North Korea is that Trump is secretly engaging in back channel negotiations with them.  The problem with Korea is that each side thinks of themselves as the actual regime, with the other being an attempted coup.  That said, I get the feeling that the North Korean leadership is actually really smart, but completely amoral, arms dealers.  North Korea understands that staying alive and doing arms demonstrations (which is essentially what they have been doing) is the key to their survival because the US foreign policy is creating a market opportunity for the North Koreans.

North Korea also understands that the US could wipe them out at a moment's notice if the US decided to do just that, however, the real problem with the Korean situation is that Seoul is the other side of the DMZ from North Korea, so North Korea essentially has that city at gun point meaning that we need to tread carefully so North Korea doesn't kill millions in retaliation as part of something akin to a dead-man's switch when the regime is taken out.  North Korea also realizes that keeping it's population completely disarmed and fed just enough to live, yet not well fed enough to revolt is key to staying in power.

Of all of these problematic states, IMO North Korea is the one of least concern because what they want is survival and to sell weapons, so we need to approach them that way and not back them into a corner that forces North Korea to nuke something (or someone) for fear of survival.

IMO the real problem are the Islamics that want to enforce Sharia on everyone (which, btw, is completely incompatible to Western civilization) - especially the ones that will tell you that THAT societal poison is completely and totally harmless, and you will be able to live your lives the same under Sharia as you can now.  They say it's a religion of peace....

What they don't tell you is that it's peace through tyranny.

The situation is North Korea is strangely simpler than it perhaps should be. It was a case of the US targetting foreign "enemy" nations, invading them, de-stabilising the region, and then leaving it an even worse mess than it started as but with the leadership dead. North Korea was dangerously close on that list, but they kept pushing to find a way to defend themselves: nukes. As you say, they've got South Korea hostage, and the US was desperate to stop all their "enemies" from obtaining nukes because that puts them on a more even footing for mutually assured destruction (invasion of Iraq, constant refusal for Iran to have nuclear energy, the Israeli bombing in Syria of a supposed nuclear facility, etc).

Which is why the minute North Korea got the capability to retaliate at that level, they became much more open. They have the defence they've so desperately needed, which has resulted in plenty of sanctions on a nation already struggling to feed itself with a corrupt regime in power (the irony being sanctions imposed by a nation that claims others shouldn't have nukes, while being the only nation in existence to ever use one against another nation). They have more power to negotiate without fear of just being invaded and given back to the South. There's a possibility what will happen is that the US will actually buy most of North Korea's nukes and placate them for now, until they make more and it starts all over again.

However, the purpose of the conflict with North Korea was never the same as it was with places like Libya, or Afghanistan, which were there to destabilise the region and create the migrant crisis (thus impacting "peaceful" nations in Europe). The purpose is to start a war that would scale up properly. Begin as friction, work up to false flags, turn into a proxy war, then take the final step into a full-blown world war. North Korea and Russia are getting appropriately prodded, while Syria has become the perfect powder-keg to set things off. There's that saying that "the Fourth World War will be fought with sticks and stones", but that's not the case. There won't be a Fourth because the Third will consolidate power. There'll certainly be conflicts after that, but only at the level the US is engaging in (a much more powerful nation invading and destroying smaller nations for fabricated reasons).

Islam, while a poisonous religion and deeply incompatible with Western civilisation (as well as Eastern civilisation, it only seems to thrive in places of low education), is the least of our concerns. The easiest way to tell is to see what the media shows us to be the "problem". They've been busy showing us all the shitty things "refugees" and the like have been doing in Europe, all through the lens that criticism of Islam is for racists and bigots to keep the propaganda going, but that just means their threat-level to us is very low in comparison. It's their hand waving to distract from the tricks they're pulling elsewhere. The only time Islam will be a threat to us is when they stop talking about it entirely.

Yeah, I really don't get why we want to go after Russia other than the US government has far too many Baby Boomers that want to kill the big bad and have their pound of flesh for God only knows why.

China, on the other hand, I full well understand why economic warfare (think Art of War applied to business) is worth it because the Chinese do not respect intellectual property, and they have a really band penchant to take someone's tech and turn around and sell it to their competitor (take a close look at the latest Xbox and PlayStation consoles and you'll see what I mean).  To be fair though, once we can economically disengage from China it's going to change the economic landscape - and I think that's a lot of what's driving Trump's tariffs as being a service economy is a strategic weakness because you are at the bidding of your suppliers, not the other way around.

I've heard it say that for Europe to live, the EU must die.  I'm hoping now Europe has a better appreciation for what the US has always dealt with with the Latin American migrants that keep trying to come here for a better life.  To be clear, though, I'm not against immigration, just undocumented immigration that works outside of the existing system.