Grymdark

What is your favorite Skirmish?

24 posts in this topic

As the topic says, what is your favorite Skirmish and why?

I really enjoy Protectors of Thangúlhad. The ballistas and the size of the attacks make it very interesting, even if it goes a little slowly sometimes. Mazaukal is easily one of my favorite skirmish boss fights as well.

mmh, Thangulhad isn't bad at all. But I have never managed to get all encounters.

I have a few that I like, actually. It starts with the Pony, then Thievery, The Tower (only annoying thing in the tower is the long babbling at the end, /slap emote love then :*) ). I also like doing Way of Smiths. Rift isn't bad either, esp on solo, fast and rewarding so far.

hmm favourite skirms

not really a fan of Thangulhad tbh, but I do love (in order) Thievery, Tower, Pony, Rift.. I think that's it..

Tuckborough is ok the first dozen times you do it then it's just blah, same with Gondamon imho

I prefer the attacking ones, rather than defending. The Rift always annoys me, despite its quickness, because of having to listen to the Rangers drivel on. I guess I'd have to plump for Thievery, on the whole, of the ones that are available to any group size. The Barrows is good fun, too. I just wish they'd written it better, so that it's possible to do it properly & achieve all the goals, rather than being forced into kiting, which seems the only way to survive for more than 25 mins.

Recently, we have been doing skirmish raids with our kinship, and I have to say it turns those skirmishes in a whole new experience. Gondamon is hilarious (and quite tough) with 12 players + 12 soldiers.

We have been doing Barrow Downs more often (raid or fellow) recently. Trying to kill as much as possible, if you take all herbalists with a heavy dps group you can go a long way.

Thievery ofcourse cause it is quick.

For me, probably Rift, Way of the Smiths and Ford of Bruinen. I like most of them TBH, except Amon Sul, for some reason that really bugs me.

Nurz-Gashu but imho there ist Nothing more boring than Skrimishs...

Started to like Thangulhad too, good rewards and also fast. But the encounters are indeed hard to get on solo.

For me (Minstrel 65) Dannenglor - it is by far the fastest one and has the best marks/hour ratio (except barrow downs of course). Often even doable in under 5 Minutes.

I like the defence of the 21st hall skirmish, battle in the tower and the rift rescue

I'm quite sad to have lost access to lots of skirmishes since cancelling my VIP sub, but I enjoy Thangulhad probably the most at the moment. Rift was good the first few times but its turned into rather a massive grind.

I don't know why but I tend to prefer defensive skirmishes to offensive ones, so Amon Sul, Pony and Bruinen are all good ones too. Generally, I've enjoyed every skirmish the first two or three times playing them through, but grinding anything gets boring very quickly.

I like....none!

There are some, that are less boring (the 2 new ones), but nothing else ;)

In all honesty I dont really like Skirmishes, I did them for the Epic Books because you had to and then only did them later again if I had to. There were two exceptions, I did the Rift one a few times to get the Cosmetic Helm and then the Tower one to get all encounters done to get the Title Battled in the Tower which is one of the better titles IMHO.

I would have done more of them but found that other instances gave skirmish marks as part of the rewards, something I have always thought as counterproductive to getting players to actually do Skirmishes and as I dont play skirmishes per se I used the Skirmish Marks as probably every one else does to get Symbols / Armour / Baubles rather than spending them on my soldier. In fact Skirmish Marks are effectively the main in game currency for the more desirable items, just wait for Turbine to offer them in the Turbine Store next |:(

Only lately the last few weeks have I started looking into them again purely as I need more Skirmish Marks (For the Inn and Hall of Night baubles). I solo still a lot and have not done as many instances as I would have liked so now am looking at the easiest/quickest ways of earning marks solo.

So far as Eleasar has stated Dannenglor is very quick and quite rewarding, The Rift from memory gave good marks (and coin) but as that is off at the moment I cant confirm it.

Is there a list anywhere that gives the skirmish marks reward (dailies and normal) per Skirmish?

ReD

KOFACME

I'd be surprised if there were any major differences in the number of marks earned by skirmish. However I would say, it depends much on how many bonus marks you get per run.

Battle at the tower in Mirkwood, even, skirmishes should be cheaper or free :/

The Ford of Bruinen is a favorite of mine.

Storm of Methedras can be a challenge on T2/T3 (these days anyways), but it tends to make my computer cry

And I have yet to find anyone that actually likes the Icy Crevasse :)

THREAD NECRO :P

Icy Crevasse was my favorite daily followed by Attack at Dawn. Not joking. The default difficulty was just the right balance of challenge and speed for me.

Pony or Storm on Methedras because they were simple and fast. I always found skirmishes mind numbingly boring to be honest.

I am not sure if this is still possible, but the barrows skirmish was fun for everyone in 6/12 man apart from the warden we had running around in a  circle for an hour, but it did mean the thing could be completed with a shit ton of skirmish marks. This of course was prior to Thorog being farmable for skirmish marks. Also allowed me to finish all the skirmish LT deeds.

I always liked Thievery and Mischief in 12-man mode. One of few skirms that require actual strategy at the end bosses and can't just be zerged

I did not care for skirmishes whatsoever.  Yes, I did complete them as required by the Book quest(s).

Turbine started introducing grinds after the first year or so because they already knew what most of us didn't at that time... the writing was on the wall.