The things I have said that Sapience does not like.

1,120 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hiya peeps,

To the surprise of nobody, I have been posting on the Turbine boards as Zweiblumen. I had originally wanted to avoid joining officially the dots between the two accounts, but seeing as most have figured it out and Sapience has kind of forced my hand through his recent conduct, thought I'd come out and say it.

As you may be aware, none of my posts are visible any more on the Turbine forums. This is disappointing, and in order to find out what was going on, I asked Sapience directly. I received the response that "nothing was deleted." However, knowing that Sapience has a fondness for saying things that do not mean what the reader thinks they mean, I thought I'd look harder at that response, and something very interesting has arisen.

Sapience appears to have made my posts invisible to anyone who is not signed into my own account. I've queried this with several people, who all confirmed they could not see my posts, and double checked it by making a couple of new posts to the forum and checking if anyone could see them. Nothing. I even signed out of my own account and looked at the pages without being logged in, and my posts had vanished. Signed back into my account - boom, they were back. How very strange.

As an example, see below:

This is how the relevant page looks to everyone not signed in on my account:

Vanished1.jpg

And this is how the same page looks to me:

Vanished2.jpg

Gasp! Where did that post come from? Seems the majority of my posts are still up there - they're just unavailable for viewing to anyone but me and, presumably, Turbine.

Isn't that the oddest thing? It's almost as if Sapience knows my posts are not in violation of their community guidelines, but still doesn't want anyone to read them, so has had the majority of them rendered invisible to anyone but me. So technically, there were not "deleted" as such. What a clever, sneaky little man he is.

So, I decided to check back through the entire thread, and yup, almost all my posts are invisible like this. I didn't check the entire forum, but I believe what someone said earlier and every post I ever made is now similarly no longer there. I say 'almost all' because there are two that even I can't see any more. I'm not saying those were "removed" or "deleted" either, because of course if they were that would mean that Sapience is a liar, but I definitely can't see them any more. Who knows what that actually means? I do know they used to exist, because I received forum rep for them, and the links to the posts are still on my 'Forum settings' page, but take you to pages where there are no Zweiblumen posts.

How very peculiar.

Anyway, I decided that seeing as nobody else on their official forums could see the posts that I made that Sapience is trying to suppress out of existence, that I would take screengrabs of them all that I can still see and post them here for all to see. You can feel free, if you're feeling particularly mischievous and want to make things uncomfortable for Sapience, to post the images right back onto the official thread from whence they came - It might make for some interesting viewing watching Sapience deal with that one. :)

I shall post them up here shortly. Bear in mind that this is only most of my posts - there are some that are still missing, but evidence of their former existence remains. There are even one or two posts still on the thread that quote them that Sapience forgot to get rid of along with them.

I have also made a formal complaint about Sapience to his boss, as well as posed the still as-yet unanswered questions to him. If he can't answer I'll go to his boss, and so on.

Gotta love how this is shaping up! :)

Posted · Report post

That probably goes someway to explaining the many "ghost" pages in the thread. The current page count says 59 but the last post I can see is on page 57

Posted · Report post

Okay, here we go - I'll try to make this as chronological as possible:

Image12.jpg

Image11.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image9.jpg

This is where it appears there was at least one post that has either been deleted removed or 'disappeared.' There is a link on my forum settings to a post for which I received forum rep that directs me to roughly this area.

Image8.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

More to follow...

Posted · Report post

Please do not cut off the end of the post before and the beginning of the post after yours, so that someone can see where the post are emedded originaly.

Posted · Report post

Yep your right, there's a post quoting you on page 9 but when you click the link to see the post its gone. George orwell would be proud, big brother really is at work in that thread.

Posted · Report post

And on...

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

And here appears to be a spot where there was another post that has since been 'disappeared.' A similar link still exists on the forum settings for this one, which leads to a now Zweiblumen-less page.

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

This is the one that apparently caused all the fuss:

Image1.jpg

And these are the last two I posted, fairly recently.

Image13.jpg

Image14.jpg

By all means, feel free to post, quote or inquire about these images on the official thread. I'd be genuinely interested to see what kind of response it gets.

Posted · Report post

I have already mate, just waiting on another infraction or something..btw anyone tell me what infractions do? can i trade them in the store or something

Posted · Report post

Please do not cut off the end of the post before and the beginning of the post after yours, so that someone can see where the post are emedded originaly.

I have the uncropped images on file. I didn't want to reproduce anyone else's posts - not yet anyway. I can produce them later if needed.

Posted · Report post

Ever since I discovered your handle over there (Zweiblumen), I have looked for your posts. Now I know why I could never find them. What a chitty thing to do. But, I guess that really does fit his MO -- devious and underhanded.

Silencing without actually banning (since there is no legitimate reason for an actual ban).

What a piece of work that guy is. Honestly.

Edit: By the way, I've had several posts where I was stacking rep get "disappeared" over there. Also, thanks for explaining why the forums suddenly (a few weeks ago) started displaying extra pages that don't exist. That's not the only thread that has happened to.

Posted · Report post

apparently its a server glitch, the servers are out of sync..wtf..they smoking at Turbine and where can I get it?

definitly seems you have some fans ( boi's ) who read these boards considering the number 14 been used alot, conincidetly your number of posts.

Posted · Report post

Ever since I discovered your handle over there (Zweiblumen), I have looked for your posts. Now I know why I could never find them. What a chitty thing to do. But, I guess that really does fit his MO -- devious and underhanded.

Silencing without actually banning (since there is no legitimate reason for an actual ban).

What a piece of work that guy is. Honestly.

Edit: By the way, I've had several posts where I was stacking rep get "disappeared" over there. Also, thanks for explaining why the forums suddenly (a few weeks ago) started displaying extra pages that don't exist. That's not the only thread that has happened to.

It's actually quite funny to see the crazies flatout accuse Montee and Pod of making up stories. It's quite interesting that some of them haven't noticed that they themselves personally responded to some of my past posts. Boy are they in for a bitchslap of the highest order. But at least now I know how Jay Garrick felt when he was retconned out of DC comics continuity. :)

My posts are still invisible guys - I'm counting on you to bring The Fact Hammer to bear!

apparently its a server glitch, the servers are out of sync..wtf..they smoking at Turbine and where can I get it?

definitly seems you have some fans ( boi's ) who read these boards considering the number 14 been used alot, conincidetly your number of posts.

Yes, it's odd how their "server glitch" has affected only my posts, and has retroactively applied itself to all the posts I made before the 'glitch' ever occurred, isn't it?

One might almost think that it's a cock and bull story.

[EDIT] ...and Celestrata has just confirmed via private message that my posts do not fall under this particular glitch, so it's not the reason that my posts have all vanished. However, she failed to specify what the issue was with my posts.

My complaint seems to have graduated beyond the forum mods now, and from now on I shall be dealing directly with their boss, should he deign to give me a response.

Kick off.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It appears that Mr. Brennan has thrown out the "posting about moderation decisions" warning.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that she's given Hajile a concrete indication of why he was being moderated.

Edited by Dalthalion

Posted · Report post

My complaint seems to have graduated beyond the forum mods now, and from now on I shall be dealing directly with their boss, should he deign to give me a response.

Kick off.

Result :D

Posted · Report post

yep sent me a mail also as regards it, no infraction, just reiterating its a glitch. presume that means if I post again I'll recieve a infraction..again dont even know what that means, do I win a prize?

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, I don't believe that she's given Hajile a concrete indication of why he was being moderated.

Indeed, both she and Sapience have referred me to the head of their department and asked me not to contact them again directly, but to send all correspondence to their boss. It seems I've raised some hackles.

I've also advised their boss that should he fail to respond to my emails by the end of this week, I'll be taking it up with his boss.

A thought occurs - how would we go about raising this whole consumer rights/customer service thing with the gaming press beyond mere LOTRO sites? I'm thinking the lines of MMORPG.com or Massively, for example. Any ideas?

Posted · Report post

People have tried on both sites and have been shot down. While yours would not be the first, I must say that yours is certainly the best attempt to enact change in Turbine's customer relations. I hope the efforts bear fruit.

Posted · Report post

Strange the thread now shows as 875/875 no ghost posts anymore, are your posts still there and hidden or are they gone now?

Could not find them myself.

Posted · Report post

Strange the thread now shows as 875/875 no ghost posts anymore, are your posts still there and hidden or are they gone now?

Could not find them myself.

I would say they have been removed since there was 60 pages in the thread but now there are only 59

Posted · Report post

People have tried on both sites and have been shot down. While yours would not be the first, I must say that yours is certainly the best attempt to enact change in Turbine's customer relations. I hope the efforts bear fruit.

That's a shame. I was thinking that it would be a story of interest to those who generate the copy on those sites. I would have thought it would be an opportunity for them to engage in some genuine journalism rather than just retyping press releases, which is all too often what I see.

Ah well, I'll stick with my current methods - for now.

Posted · Report post

I would say they have been removed since there was 60 pages in the thread but now there are only 59

They appear to be still there - on my account anyway. Are they still invisible to everyone else?

Posted · Report post

The page count (Note: I do not log in to the Official site, due to security concerns.) hovered at 60 for some time - 59 pages and one unviewable page - but has now stabilized at 59. This implies to me that the posts have been deleted. Thank goodness for screenshots. ;)

Posted · Report post

yes, thread count now says exact ammount minus yours

Posted · Report post

Not showing for me. I did a forum search your your posts and I have found threads where you posted and someone quoted you in a reply. The quote is still there but not the original post and the link to the post doesnt work

Here is a thread as an example

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?417502-Turbine-is-not-P2W&p=5660329#post5660329

Posted · Report post

yep sent me a mail also as regards it, no infraction, just reiterating its a glitch. presume that means if I post again I'll recieve a infraction..again dont even know what that means, do I win a prize?

get enough and you get banned.

not just from the forums but from ALL community sites.

depending on number of and type of infractions the ban can be temporary or permanent.

i personally have multiple accounts that have been perma-banned.

all appeals denied since sapassience did the banning and is in on the appeals process since he is the boss mod for lotro.

Posted · Report post

The page count (Note: I do not log in to the Official site, due to security concerns.) hovered at 60 for some time - 59 pages and one unviewable page - but has now stabilized at 59. This implies to me that the posts have been deleted. Thank goodness for screenshots. ;)

lol...page count is now down to 55 with 816 posts