LOTROCommunity

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. warspeech

World of Warcraft "Classic"

Good to know, saves me the trouble of downloading it then.
  3. warspeech

Streamer "Awesomeness"

She's "a little surprised no one did this yet" 🙄 No one watched your stream, sweetie, get over it. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672505-Tidbits-from-the-Devs-on-the-12th-Anniversary-Stream&p=7930115#post7930115
  4. Yesterday
  5. Macdui101

Streamer "Awesomeness"

lol Sev is going to have us use Embers to buy scrolls of empowerment, like anyone but a numpty is going to do that with another micro release around every corner. Mac
  6. Splay

Streamer "Awesomeness"

Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM rolls a Defiler on Arkenstone creepside and spawns npcs that repeatedly get killed by the Creep one shots. Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM gives gifts to Creeps they cannot use. Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM has Wargs pee on him and BAs /rude him for being ignorant about Creepside in every way. I had a friend come to find me and tell me about just how bad SSG doesn't know their game.
  7. Macdui101

Streamer "Awesomeness"

Someone is tracking their use of Cry of the Chorus on the anniversary stream at 79/125 for the deed at level 115+, that is some progress from a year ago.
  8. Almagnus1

That's what made WoW kinda awesome initially... there never was a coherent overarching story, just a whole bunch of questlines that told smaller vignettes. From what they were saying at last BlizzCon, while it's running the modern WoW server code, they basically took a copy of the 1.12 WoW Server setup, massaged to the DB and assets to work on modern client, and it's basically a mod that uses the modern WoW server code yet behaves basically like 1.12, so we will be starting with the release content and 1.12 systems. I'd call that a good compromise because that way druids aren't a complete cluster throughout most of the Classic content release cycle. From what Blizzard has said, sharding will be around for launch, but turned off later as Blizzard doesn't want to recreate the Vanilla launch experience and they only want to have it on long enough to get players to properly seed the world. I'm hoping Blizzard actually sticks to their word on this, as I'm fine with shards initially as I don't want to go through that shitshow again. That said, I'm hoping Blizzard has enough balls to tell the retail retards to go sod off when they'll inevitably try to "modernize" Classic.
  9. warspeech

I've been thinking about it, because by the time I started playing, the new-player experience of the world was very disjointed. There was so much cut out and rearranged from all the various expansions that I never did get a sense of a coherent story that unfolded logically and sequentially.
  10. psalm8818

It will depend on how "Classic" it actually is. If it's anything like LOTRO's "Classic" servers, then I'll pass. One would hope Blizzard is smarter than that, but then again we're talking about a company that made the next Diablo game for mobile phones and wondered why gamers were outraged.
  11. Last week
  12. Almagnus1

If I'm going to be playing, it's a tauren druid on a US PvP realm.
  13. Lexicus

Just wondering who here will be playing? For myself going to give it a shot as a horde shaman or warlock.
  14. Talisman

12 Year Anniversary Failure

They are never out for the Anniversary Festival.
  15. Doro

And no festival NPCs are out for this, either, so Inn League and Ale Association are off the table (I fucking hate that I need max rep with them for the goat deed).
  16. TheKickman

So, just logged in to see whats new for the Anniversary Festival and its.... 12 year box with a bell and a firework (which isnt working for some people according to chat) 5 new and ugly cosmetics (that are reskins of stuff from Helms Deep (seriously)) Thats it no New steed, no new scavenger hunt nothing..... what a fucking joke
  17. Agra

Serverpopulation

Zeitraum: 15.04. - 21.04.2019 23:59 EU-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 463): Logins EU-LOTRO US-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 460): Logins US-LOTRO
  18. TheKickman

And you thought the OF were bad...

But most new players dont even reach Moria oince they hit the paywalls and start seeing how the game wants to milk you they leave. Instead of focusing on a game where people want to spend money to support it (like GTA 5 Online) they want to bet there is 1 whale in every 100 new players who will drop a few hundred
  19. TheKickman

Assassins Creed Unity for Free

thanks
  20. Ubisoft are offering Assassins Creed Unity for free until 25th April https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US
  21. berry

At the early parts of the game grinding is okish, but once you advance in the game around level 85ish it become much harder to earn points and also more and more game mechanics encourage you to spend points to advance, avoid a hell of grind in terms of gearing and etc. No need to mention in terms of quality the difference of between the pre level 75 and post 75 is huge, so of course this game is very appealing to new players.
  22. Doro

I've never liked that they went F2P. I've never liked that they keep putting Store-only items in. The whole thing has a distinct "EA: We fuck the game" feel about it. However, I can see that for someone who never knew otherwise, they'd not see a problem. They set their standard at a much lower point than was previously available, and that's just the nature of the beast. It fucks the rest of us over and results in a consistently shitty game from then onwards, but the perspective will depend on when you join. In terms of why an ability to not pay might be considered the best part, well it depends on your reasoning. Getting anything for free is nice, but it's especially good if you also think what's given is good. For example, if I got a free steak dinner from my favourite steakhouse, it wouldn't matter how good the steak was, the best part would be that it was free. Not that LotRO is a steak, it's more like the scraps powerwashed off the carcass and mushed together, but still.
  23. Almagnus1

That's kinda the problem... F2P doesn't really work unless you have a way to monetize the hell out of it with sacrificing the quality of your game in the progress. Warframe is an example of F2P done right. LotRO is an example of F2P done wrong. And if you really stop and think about the title, why isn't the best part the world you're in rather than your ability to pay (or not)?
  24. TheKickman

Streamer "Awesomeness"

exactly, they catered to one player because of an empty threat leaving the rest of us scratching our heads because it was an awesome idea and would have gotten me to sub to pvmp for that weekend and I am not a pvmp fan lol. But I see they are paying customers and deserve much much better not the ignorance and Middle fingers the dev team has given them for 10+ years. But again, it shows why the game turned shitty when they cater to only 1 piece of their playerbase and ignore all the others. Although I love the stages they added all over that took developer resources cause ya know, that specific kin asked for them, and those stages go unused
  25. PJ.

That’s how I read it too
  26. Doro

I may be misreading this, but it seems like they're saying they're happy they can play the game without ever having to actually cough up any money. I can see the appeal of a game where you slowly unlock content for free just by playing it, and I've often thought if I didn't have a Lifer account I would've done exactly that as a Premium player.
  27. Amenhir

And all that subscription money going towards WoW is why that game has millions of players and Lotro has 34.
  1. Load more activity