LOTROCommunity

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. warspeech

The Search of Gársig's Farm (Wildermore, Rohan)

When I had trouble like this with quest items that didn't respond, I generally logged off while next to the quest objective and restarted the game. It seems like sometimes things didn't load completely and got stuck, especially when I was playing for a long time, and restarting cleared that up. That's the only thing I have for you to try, unfortunately.
  3. CHRISTOPHER POSNER

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did look in the wiki, but it said nothing about this problem.
  4. Woeg

I don;t remember that quest specifically - but I remember being confused by some of the Wildemore quests - the directions were not clear - did you try looking in the LOTRO Wiki with the exact quest name ?
  5. I do not understand how this quest is supposed to work. What exactly are you supposed to do when it says "Check on Manléof's injuries?" I have tried clicking on the body, but nothing happens.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Almagnus1

Game Of Thrones Winner

Yeah, I'm going to have to pirate episode 6, as I really didn't have the time to watch it yesterday... before the Amazon HBO sub expired. It was a good ride for most of the series, the last season just sorta sucked as the last two episodes essentially destroyed most of the character development that had occurred over the course of the series.
  8. Almagnus1

UK Perspective on UK Contempt of Court

Having lived in Seattle, I can tell you that the homeless problem is more of a homeless drug addict problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon issues are (yet another) example of leftist idiots not calling a spade a spade.
  9. LasraelLarson

does jolly ole Englandstan have needle programs in place like San Fran, Seattle & other left liberated cosmopolitan centers? but knives (& apparently straws) are a real concern.
  10. LasraelLarson

Be Virtuous!

kind of like back when Meghan Jenks/Rodberg said (at the time she may have even believed it to be the truth) tomes & certain items would never be in the store... it is a slow pulling back of the wool. it took the drastic changes of Helms Deep for that bucket of ice effect to rattle enough cages. this new virtue (yet another) grind system apparently it is still incomplete.... yeah right! the time on the wool pullback here is going to be much faster. most of those (...still) here since the FTP transition are wise to it, but some folk will still be in for a shock. regardless, i think this will have a similar proportional detrimental effect on the player-base. the percentage drops in numbers pre & post HD, should be similar to these new realities. and i find myself in a similar position to the conclusion of GoT... oddly enjoying watching the nails being driven in. walk to where though? isn't the bulk of the current employed central & key usefulness, their knowledge of the patchwork state of an 2+ decades old game engine and client? the 2 games (Lotro & DDO) could not really be transferred to any other set of (studio) employees because of the legacy code in play. to shake off that relic status and actually be useful in a modern setting? like resurrecting a fossil. if they were capable of walking, it would have happened already. not really knuckling down as much as swallowing the bullet when the alternatives may look something like:
  11. LasraelLarson

Game Of Thrones Winner

the only part i cared about was when Jon drove the dagger in. it made me smile. the rest was just a fart sniffing art piece by George Lucas Jr. & someone from the Mark Zuckerberg Dysgenics Program. both are just as overrated as George RR Martin. that said, i am oddly enjoying that is was as poorly received as it was. the salt bath also has me grinning. ;)
  12. Doro

It's probably happened. Hell, people have been killed with newspapers, so a spoon is an assault weapon by comparison.
  13. Almagnus1

Game Of Thrones Winner

I dunno.... at least the dragon had good sense to destroy the one thing that was causing excessive strife in Westeros.
  14. Almagnus1

I want to read the court case transcript that involves murder by spoon.
  15. Macdui101

Be Virtuous!

As it stands on BR you could be Middle-earth's greatest deed completionist and when you hit cap you'll have gotten around rank 25/60 on all virtues and some alt veteran slacker gets rank 50 on them the day U24 goes live. It's all about harvesting the morons and attempting to garner support for the system by the old timers who get a skewed initial rank. Sap/Cord have done their best to get rid of those who don't rely on belief systems to arrive at their opinions, I will expect those who have exposed them will be joining us soon. It's like the rep you need at each new area' if you don't use rep accelerators throughout you end up half way to kindred. Virtues will be earn half from what's available in game and half from the store. But e-commerce rules the roost the devs and systems guys can knuckle down or walk.
  16. LasraelLarson

Game Of Thrones Winner

welp we made it to the end bois...
  17. Bohemond

Be Virtuous!

I had a quick look at the new virtues on bullroarer and most non equipped virtues gave a modest morale bonus. It looks like the sort of system that could have been fun if it was well balanced and supported by a foundation of engaging gameplay. Since neither is true any longer, I'm sure it will just be a hideous grind. I've always been steadfastly against account wide virtues - I've enjoyed played alts as their own separate characters, especially during the 50/60 caps when virtues provided "something to do" to progress characters at cap. If I haven't actually done X on one character, I don't want credit for it. In any case, my main objection is that if a system is so horrible that it requires external fixes (account shared, store, etc) then I'd rather see the system be fixed instead.
  18. Agra

Serverpopulation

Zeitraum: 13.05. - 19.05.2019 23:59 EU-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 467): Logins EU-LOTRO US-Logins vergangener Woche (Datenwoche 464): Logins US-LOTRO
  19. Last week
  20. Splay

Be Virtuous!

I don't think I have the heart to continue in this game. It's just not fun. No way I try to make it so, gives this to me. Not even logging on to talk with players I've known a fair portion of my life gets me passed just how fuckin bad this game has become. The only real thing left for me is to decide who to give all my stuff to before I delete my characters.
  21. berry

Be Virtuous!

According to the op at official forums Even if one doesn't equip a virtue it will still give him a bonus, to me it seems like they want people to grind all the virtues there are. the virtues system isn't bad but it should have been account wide.
  22. cossieuk

Be Virtuous!

I would guess that i am like a lot of people that have used the same virtues for years, in fact I cant remember the last time I changed them. These changes are not going to make me want to start using many different ones. I will set it to max out the virtues that I use now, then after that just fill up any random one. I see it being even better for new players or new alts as you can just focus on the few that you actually want. It may also give me a reason to go back and complete older deeds as the rewards will be of use rather than just virtues that I have no need for.
  23. warspeech

Be Virtuous!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for posting that. I can't wait to see how people try to polish this turd on the OF.
  24. Urwendil

Be Virtuous!

Blessed was the day I walked out of this wreck.
  25. Macdui101

Be Virtuous!

Bottom line it's 75 (virtue earning) deed completions or store bought virtues to get to the new max of 60. It's around 34 completions on live to have it at max on BR second build. The 34 completions is assuming there are enough in game right now to get it that high, there aren't for many of them is my guess. LP rich players could cope but you're only LP rich if you are a whale or a VIP who's not used up LP to offset the other grinds, ILI and Essences. If you copped out of those aspects of the game you are hardly likely to engage in another grind sub-system. It's that with all the talk going on about how utterly demoralising the alt levelling up to the cap is that they can only come up with a systems that only worsens the prospect. Subject to change in the next build... ha!
  26. Talisman

Be Virtuous!

I think this posts sums it up nicely: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7934324#post7934324 What the OP fails to note is the motivation for the changes: to drive people to the store. Now the deeds will be designed so that you can't get to max level on all virtues, and will need a tome of VXP or a VXP accelerator to get there.
  27. Macdui101

Be Virtuous!

Yet today they promote the game with them... Mac
  28. Thrabath

well, there is probably 1 person in the world who would like to use a spoon to hurt somebody, so we better forbid them, shouldn't we...?
  1. Load more activity