LOTROCommunity
A_guy

Thread about in game GM support locked

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427176-Where-is-the-GM-support

There are some pretty bad stories in there. I could have added some of my own. Most of the stories come flooding in on page 2 of that short thread. Interesting that it was locked so quickly.

Not really. Inevitable, I would have said. Surely we all know by now that Turbine's moderation is extremely heavy-handed & will not permit anything overtly negative to remain.

The more the thread puts Turbine in a bad light, the faster it goes... along with members who do the same.

My main purpose for posting this was to highlight the GMs in game. I apologize for being obtuse. This thread shows that I am not imagining things... it is getting worse.

I am close to doing what Turbine frankly could not care less about over it... stop giving them my money.

The more the thread puts Turbine in a bad light, the faster it goes... along with members who do the same.

My main purpose for posting this was to highlight the GMs in game. I apologize for being obtuse. This thread shows that I am not imagining things... it is getting worse.

I am close to doing what Turbine frankly could not care less about over it... stop giving them my money.

I stopped giving them money a couple of months ago (Lifer, but not buying points anymore. Might buy expansions later on, if my wife is still playing the game), but my wife is still feeding the dragon, so to speak. She's a regular VIP (Annual sub), and a sucker for the store-bought horsies. But she was quite upset when the security breach occurred, so her faith in the company was shaken (as well it should have been).

When GW2 comes out, both of us will be playing that. If she enjoys it as much as I hope she will, I expect we won't be re-upping her annual subscription for LOTRO next year.

At CM I always said that GM support was quick and effective, most of the time. Nine out of ten times I didn't have to wait for ages to get a reply and not once was my issue not resolved. I was in contact with a GM for over two dozen times, that I can recall.

On Turbine side, I've contacted GM's three times. Once, I waited for two hours and then my ticket was closed. No comments, just closed. It was about a bird stuck in a tree, in antiexploit mode so I couldn't complete my quest. Two other times I got a reply, both times I had to wait for ages. One answered "tough luck" and other actually solved my issue.

As to money, I paid Urine for RoI. I could have bought it for TP, but I mostly paid for convenience - it was easier than having to "buy" three separate lots of content (which is the impression I got of the buying process using TP). The lesser part of the reason was that I thought the TP vs. cash price was a bloody rip-off. I cannot see me ever giving Urine another penny. But, in fariness, I had my money's worth a long time ago. I was on on Day One of Open Beta, and I was a Lifer from the moment of full release. As I recall, that paid for itself at about 8 1/2 months. 4 1/2 years later, I'm still here. I can (and do!) complain about the direction the game is taking; I certainly can't complain that I haven't had value for money.

Regarding GM's, I was never very happy with the GM's at CM. However, almost all of my infrequent tickets involve naming abuses. What annoyed me was that they had clearly stated rules and would not enforce them. On top of that, we always got the bland "We're not telling you whether we've done anything or why". In the early days of this forum, I had a... fiery discussion with Sincil over this, and told him why I thought their policy was wrong. We agreed to disagree, as far as I remember!

My tickets to Urine's GM's are equally infrequent & for the same reason. As with Windows, I try to solve most problems by logging or rebooting. The bugs, blue screen crashes, etc, I take as par for the course, given Urine's history of contempt for the QA process & for the paying customer. I know the GMs won't help, and I can't be bothered to bug report anything else on the basis that a hundred & one other people will have.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying that I can't comment directly, but it wouldn't surprise me at all! ;)

I've had countless interactions with GMs throughout the 5 months we've been with Turbine and I can't actually think of one time they were in anyway helpful, instead closing tickets with copy/pasted comments that miss the point. I've even had times where I've had a GM respond to me in tells to say they can't help (in this case, with an instance bugging and having already reset it twice before this) and then, a minute later when I've left, another GM sends me a tell saying they couldn't help because I'd left the instance. Intercommunication would do nicely.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427176-Where-is-the-GM-support

There are some pretty bad stories in there. I could have added some of my own. Most of the stories come flooding in on page 2 of that short thread. Interesting that it was locked so quickly.

And locked without comment, which is a comment all its own (eff yu!).

I think this all boils down to the Paiz's belief that how customers feel about an MMO company doesn't matter whatsoever. Customer service doesn't ever translate into dollars, so it's not worth spending any resources on. I believe they are dead wrong. Customer loyalty does indeed translate into income and their belief that MMO customers will remain loyal no matter how you treat them is absurd.

Not only are they destroying the actual game itself, they are guaranteeing its timely demise by destroying the relationship with customers. They know they are destroying that relationship, but they just don't care because they truly believe that it doesn't matter. And, in the short-term, they are probably correct. But, their short-term is quickly coming to a close.

If there is any justice left in this world, they will become a pariah in the industry once they've killed off LOTRO (and been paid handsomely to do so). I wouldn't count on it, though. They are not the only ones who like to cash out now by placing short-term gain over long-term viability.

IMHO

• Upvote 1

I think they lock the thread to stop talk, then when the irate people start yet another thread, because tickets get no response, they just ban them. End of problem, for Turbine anyway. Then they don't even have to fix what was likely an issue that they should deal with.

Heh, another thread, this one about how GMs are not removing trolls from chat:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427824-Is-it-me...or-has-GM-s-after-F2P-stopping-doing-anything ...

Another about refusing to help (and being rude about it) in the new raid:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427899-That-s-not-a-way-to-treat-customers ...

Another about how they refuse to help with bugged skirmish vendors:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427702-BAD-ERROR-in-Skirmish-Legendary-Vendors-%28Symbol-trade-bugged%29

All of these are complaining about bad GM customer sercvice. How long until these are locked, also without comment. How long until there are bans? I commented in the last one but I am not going to comment anymore. First, it does no good. Second, when I leave I want it to be of my volition.

I see dissenting posts appear and vanish there all the time, threads like these being locked.

I hope GW2 is good.

At CM I always said that GM support was quick and effective, most of the time. Nine out of ten times I didn't have to wait for ages to get a reply and not once was my issue not resolved. I was in contact with a GM for over two dozen times, that I can recall.

I was always impressed about the swiftness and quality of CM support (though I mostly used it after it was moved back in-house). Once I was stuck in an instance with a new bunch of WoW refugees, who just couldn't believe the support.

If Turbine doesn't think it's worth the costs they are dead wrong. It's not a position which benefit they can see on their data sheets. But poor support, especially on buggy grounds, will make for bad player experience. Too much of that and the player will leave.

Whereas good support can soothen a huge lot of bad feelings.

Turbine don't seem to believe in customer support either in or out of game at present. Which is a shame.

I remember the last boss in Fornost(yes, a long time ago) bugging on us and while we waited for a GM to reply we stupidly all left the instance and it reset. This GM (I wish I could recall the name) went above and beyond to help us by instakilling all mobs in our way and not only resetting the boss, but killing it after we tagged it.

That was then, this is now.

Now its all canned responses, but once in a while we get some real winners.

Upon getting a Champ axe to 70 in the Enedwaith xpac era I didn't get a reforge. I sent in a ticket and +Cakefan informed me that you don't get a reforge at 70. I then copied and pasted to glff and hillarity ensued. He then sent me a tell that I was right and he was wrong, but he could do nothing for me.

Earlier this month I was hit with a 3 day ban for profanity, my second ever ban, the first was 3 years prior, so you can see I learned to edit myself in open chat. I knew for a fact that I had used profanity in Tribe chat. I don't believe any of my tribemates reported me, but I have heard stories about overzealous GM's monitoring guild chat while assisting guild members. I appealed it, took my 3 day ban, and after not hearing anything for a week I launched a ticket. In the discussion and the appeal I mentioned that I'm very careful what I say in open channels. The GM disclosed that I did indeed say a profanity in "guildchat" which is what I really wanted to find out. A week later I got an email stating that my ban was a mistake and as I'm a lifetime member, please take 400 TP if will all be forgotten.

The GM disclosed that I did indeed say a profanity in "guildchat" which is what I really wanted to find out. A week later I got an email stating that my ban was a mistake and as I'm a lifetime member, please take 400 TP if will all be forgotten.

Huh? I got to swear more often on the kin/tribe channels.bonk3.gif