cossieuk

SWTOR Server Choice

26 members have voted

1. 1. What server type will you pick?

• PvP
    • PvE
    • RP
    • Not Sure

other than ensuring that you get the name you want.

That and the guild is created at launch. It costs 5000 credits in coruscant (I think it was coruscant) to create a guild so it wont be there straight away if you are not in the pre-launch, you would need to level a bit and raise some cash. Not much benefit I guess but it is something.

Are there benefits to having a guild in the pre-launch program, other than ensuring that you get the name you want.

Also there will be people not in guilds, or guilds that want to pick their own servers

My friends & I created a guild & it's gonna be deployed but I did tell my friends that what means most to me then the guild name is the name of my characters, I am VERY picky about that & if the names get taken (unlikely, but if they do) I will keep trying different servers until I get the names I want ... I hope I can get them on same server as my friends but if not then I guess I will be making new friends ... HAHAHAHA ... sounds mean but I just can't get into the game unless the name, bio & history of the character pulls me in, I don't really RP but I still like my toon to have a backstory & all the RP elements in place for me to play the game. 7(8)7

Looks like most people will be on PvE servers ... this is my second MMO with LotrO being my first. I love PvP in LotRO & most of my LotRO buddies are PvPers as well so we all opted for a PvP server in SWtoR. I am a bit skeptical now because I see how so many people are going PvE ... is there something I should know about PvP servers that maybe everyone knows but I seem to be in the dark about? Does this mean that every quest I do I will have the added stress/challenge of getting my ass handed to me by a gank squad of PvPers roaming around? I guess I just don't quite understand the differences between the two ... hmmm ... I think it's time for me to Google this ... lol. :?

Does this mean that every quest I do I will have the added stress/challenge of getting my ass handed to me by a gank squad of PvPers roaming around?

Yes. You will be ganked over and over again by a player(s) who thinks they are uber cool because they killed someone 30 levels lower. And don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. PVP servers are only for gankers and griefers. Happens notoriously in every game so there is no argument they (griefers) can use to counter this.

PS: on a serious note, if you love PVP join PVP server but don't expect anything like crap 'so called' PVP that LOTRO has.

The are PvP warzones on every server. These are mini PvP games

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/warzones

There may well be even more

Hmmm ... interesting. Okay here is another question, because depending the answer to this question I was going to maybe split play between servers.

Is the crafting I do with say the republic side, can only be shared between my republic alts or can I craft say with my republic toon for my imperial toons & can the mats I collect with one side be mailed or shared between both factions?

Reason I ask is, if I can craft & share resources & the like between both factions then there's advantages to having all your toons on one server. However, if that's not the case then I was thinking of maybe splitting my game time between a PvE & PvP server. Maybe have say my Empire toons on PvP & Republic toons on PvE.

The Suffering can be found on Frostclaw. There are a number of Snowbourn kinships are this server so if anyone else wants to come join the fun it will be good to see you there!

I have 8 chars, every class on the Sith Meditation Sphere.

My republic chars are in the guild called Force Recon.

This guild has plans for a sister guild on Empire side as well.

It's full of people from my other LOTRO kin, the Celainedhil.