LOTROCommunity
Laurinaohtar

SWTOR beta reviews

If you pre-order with early access now and up to any point before early access starts, you should get the full 5 days, otherwise it's blatantly false advertising.

I'm not trying to be some Bioware fanboy but just to pick up some of these points

the official forums literally had 4 threads dedicated to this topic & 3 were closed & deleted off the forums by Bioware to the surprise of the forum community. :N

That's not good. You need to slap that type of moderation down early, before EA starts to think they can abuse their player base at their whim. Don't let them forget the issues.

The SWTOR boards are a hectic place at the moment, there is a huge thread regarding the legacy system here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=642635 Bioware simply closed threads to keep the discussion in one place. Given the volume of threads that get opened on the SWTOR boards this seems reasonable.

I think it needed 21 gig for the install. It was an installer file though, and then you had to patch the client once you'd started the launcher up and had logged in(you need to login before it'll patch, for some reason).

Seems there's another test event for this weekend. I've been "selected" for what appears to be the final beta test event.

Grats, I haven't :(

I think it needed 21 gig for the install. It was an installer file though, and then you had to patch the client once you'd started the launcher up and had logged in(you need to login before it'll patch, for some reason).

Installer file was SWTOR_setup.exe, about 25MB. Upon running, it would ask where you wanted SWTOR installed

and procede to download the client files to that location. If anyone wants/needs the installer, I can upload it someplace.

You can still download/patch the client even if you are not in any further beta testing.

On a side note, if you were in the past weekend's Stress Beta, you can patch that client up as it is going to be patched

to the final retail client. I'm sure that will be good news to those with caps.