LOTROCommunity
cossieuk

SWTOR Early Access

I just received an email about early access and it will start on 13th December and you can download the game now.

So hope to see you all in a galaxy far far away very very soon

I got the same e-mail last night.

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

I'm all downloaded and ready to go, its worth noting as well that if you took part in the recent stress test weekend you don't need to re-download, you can just patch your client.

I was not in beta so at least I can get all patched up before Tuesday. Now I just need to wait till after maintenance to get started

I managed to download a couple of GB this morning, but now the servers seem to be down and I can't login. No official word yet, it seems. :(

I didn't trust it ... I deleted my beta client & redownloaded the game ... just rather have peace of mind & have no issues come early launch day then to have some bullshit keep me from playing the game early & having to redownload game at that time ... sigh ... I swear I am so excited ... I been waiting for this game since they announced it years ago ... I know I am not the only one feeling like this!!! After all the beta testing I just cant wait to officialy start my character & see where my stories lead!!!

Okay. Mine seems to have downloaded overnight. I get the "need an active subscription" error now, but apparently that means I need to wait until I get early access.

Okay. Mine seems to have downloaded overnight. I get the "need an active subscription" error now, but apparently that means I need to wait until I get early access.

Yes, I believe if your getting that error then that means your ready to go once your early access starts

Stupid question, if I download now is that reusable after release?

Who else is having a hard time thinking of a list of possible names for all your characters?

I am about to burn a fuse thinking about this ... it's driving me nuts!

I want to play all 8 classes & I want every one of them to be a different race as to mix it up as much as possible ... then I have the added challenge to come up with a Legacy Name that can tie all 8 of them together ... GAAAH!!!

Who else is having a hard time thinking of a list of possible names for all your characters?

I am about to burn a fuse thinking about this ... it's driving me nuts!

I want to play all 8 classes & I want every one of them to be a different race as to mix it up as much as possible ... then I have the added challenge to come up with a Legacy Name that can tie all 8 of them together ... GAAAH!!!

Not me. I've got a host of names ready to use should one of those I would like be unavailable. After all, got 22 chars over 2 accounts on Snowbourn(that's not counting the f2p accounts I've got that are virtually bank chars).

Any of those will be fine as a replacement.

Since I am not in any race against other players, I will be waiting until after the first Update before joining the masses in SW:TOR. I saw way too many bugs still present in the beta testing to convince me that they will be squashed by Live release.

Good luck to all the early access players. I would make some sandwiches, turn on a TV programme, and settle back whilst you wait in the 1 hour queue. And have fun trying to complete the starting areas with a gazillion others taking all your mobs and camping on others...for days.

TQQdles™,

Dolnor "Chaos Is NEAR" Numbwit

Eternal Newbie

Knowing my luck, the name I want for my character will be taken. :O

That's my biggest concern.

I was more than a little annoyed that they let all of the servers go to light last night and never bothered with more waves.

GRATS!

Lol!

Which wave yesterday, and when did you pre-order?

I got in on wave 2 yesterday, I pre-ordered on the afternoon of the day they became avaliable