LOTROCommunity

Off-topic board?

So, how about an off-topic board?

On one hand, it could be nice to discuss non-lotro related topics with the rest of the LOTRO community, on the other hand, it might perhaps go against the spirit of making an eternal, dedicated Lotro community forum.

What do you think?

There is a way of making it bigger, but I'm reluctant to do so. Long signatures are annoying imho, they take up valuable space that could have been filled with on-topic content :P If this forum continues it's growth I'll look into the restrictions.

There is a way of making it bigger, but I'm reluctant to do so. Long signatures are annoying imho, they take up valuable space that could have been filled with on-topic content :P If this forum continues it's growth I'll look into the restrictions.

I'd prefer having sigs short and sweet too. No images, no youtube videos, no caramel shop visuals, no fifty lines of stuff that follow a one-line post. Ten lines might be too generous already, in fact.

^^ No worries, you've just castrated a lot of peoples epeen's.

People who dislike seeing images at signatures can choose not to. It's there at the settings. You can even make it a default, and give a choice to those who would like to see/have pics.

Guides can be posted in their class forums. Any non-class guides can probably fit in one of the Gameplay forums?

As for an RP section- Done :)

Is there a way you can pehaps limit the pixel size of any images in a sig?

If the board software doesn't support that natively, there's always choices if one's willing to muck up with the codebase. For example, if this is running on PHP, it has the GD_library which can, amongst other things, read the dimensions of any image you point it at.

Well, the current forum rules need some work :P Once they're done, they'll be noticeable everywhere.

I think this is what you call an understatement ;) At the moment they're noticeable by their absence :z

Well, the current forum rules need some work :P Once they're done, they'll be noticeable everywhere.

*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that that was an invitation to write them for you. Git! :P