LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Rarrl

Off-topic board?

So, how about an off-topic board?

On one hand, it could be nice to discuss non-lotro related topics with the rest of the LOTRO community, on the other hand, it might perhaps go against the spirit of making an eternal, dedicated Lotro community forum.

What do you think?

I always like hearing other peoples opinions on topics, only if its nothing bad against PvP and how Lotro is really only a PvE game. :P

I like the idea of an off-topic board, I think it helps to build a community if you can discuss other topics too

It's there. Any other forum suggestions?

There is a way of making it bigger, but I'm reluctant to do so. Long signatures are annoying imho, they take up valuable space that could have been filled with on-topic content :P If this forum continues it's growth I'll look into the restrictions.

There is a way of making it bigger, but I'm reluctant to do so. Long signatures are annoying imho, they take up valuable space that could have been filled with on-topic content :P If this forum continues it's growth I'll look into the restrictions.

I'd prefer having sigs short and sweet too. No images, no youtube videos, no caramel shop visuals, no fifty lines of stuff that follow a one-line post. Ten lines might be too generous already, in fact.

^^ No worries, you've just castrated a lot of peoples epeen's.

Any other forum suggestions?

Well I saw someone mention that it would be a good idea to post guides and such things. If that happens, we'll need somewhere to put them...

People who dislike seeing images at signatures can choose not to. It's there at the settings. You can even make it a default, and give a choice to those who would like to see/have pics.

Is there a way you can pehaps limit the pixel size of any images in a sig?

Also a guides section may be good, perhaps if it gets big enough also an RP section?

Guides can be posted in their class forums. Any non-class guides can probably fit in one of the Gameplay forums?

As for an RP section- Done :)

Is there a way you can pehaps limit the pixel size of any images in a sig?

If the board software doesn't support that natively, there's always choices if one's willing to muck up with the codebase. For example, if this is running on PHP, it has the GD_library which can, amongst other things, read the dimensions of any image you point it at.

If we are using the same rules as CM shouldnt we copy and paste those in so everyone, understands that this is still a moderatored forum.

Well, the current forum rules need some work :P Once they're done, they'll be noticeable everywhere.

Well, the current forum rules need some work :P Once they're done, they'll be noticeable everywhere.

I think this is what you call an understatement ;) At the moment they're noticeable by their absence :z

*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that that was an invitation to write them for you. Git! :P