LOTROCommunity

New article to let people know what you get from the 5th Anniversary

LordVorontur

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/1894

This is anniversary gift info

Enjoy!

Interesting, my turbine account says a creation date of june 1st 2011. I.e. the migration date. wonder if they have the actual codemasters signup date?

Me no want lockbox keys :mad:

Well, you can dump them as a matter of principle, if you like. Alternatively, if you have a friend in-game that is stuck with boxes and no keys, perhaps a gift or trade would be the right solution.

A shame I'd be something like 3.8 years in the game at that date, so yeah, only 3 year rewards for me. That'll be the first time I'll go open those lootboxes, then, with those 3 keys they offer me. I only have never looted a lootbox yet. ;)

Well, at least I know I won't miss out on the festival horse this time around. I was already content that all my new characters received the pre-order goat mount with MoM, but it only had 60 morale (plus it's a goat). Now all of my characters will receive a horse mount that mirrors the equivalent of kindred mounts. Not too shabby.

I wonder, if people log in, will their characters get the new stuff immediately, or will they have to type in /claim, and get every single piece of 'reward' they've ever gotten since the game began? I know I'd want to kill someone if I had to go through all the ROI stuff I got with the legendary purchase, on top of all the stuff from the veteran rewards. That's just a killer combo right there. I wonder if they'll be smart and adapt a GUI that allows you to pick from a list of all available 'rewards' so you don't flood your bags? Of course, the potions and such are likely to be one shots and they won't want them repeating (though since they ARE bound, you can't sell, so not a big deal to me). Hard to know how that will be handled.

I wonder, if people log in, will their characters get the new stuff immediately, or will they have to type in /claim, and get every single piece of 'reward' they've ever gotten since the game began? I know I'd want to kill someone if I had to go through all the ROI stuff I got with the legendary purchase, on top of all the stuff from the veteran rewards. That's just a killer combo right there. I wonder if they'll be smart and adapt a GUI that allows you to pick from a list of all available 'rewards' so you don't flood your bags? Of course, the potions and such are likely to be one shots and they won't want them repeating (though since they ARE bound, you can't sell, so not a big deal to me). Hard to know how that will be handled.

From the FAQ, which I didn't initially read either ;)

Do I have to log in to the game during the festival to receive my gifts?

No. Even if you are unable to log in during the anniversary festival, you will still receive your gifts upon your next login. We think you’ll want to join us for the festival though – it’s going to be quite a party!

How do I receive my gifts?

Your gifts will appear automatically in your inventory upon login, provided there are enough open spaces available. If you did not have enough spaces, the remaining gifts will appear upon the next login when enough spaces are open. Eligible players will have their new portrait frame automatically applied to your characters upon login.

Sooooo some more inventory juggling is your reward!

And so the thread begins predictably to shift...

Turbine: We're giving out free stuff!

Players: We'll hate it!

Now now, it's not the items that are the problem; it's just the delivery that is. In this case, it's a bit of "advantage not convenience," if you follow.

Actually, Dal, he does have a point. He really does. How many threads on the front page are bashing Turbine; how many aren't? I also don't hang around here much any more because it's largely BashTurbineCommunity.com, not LOTROCommunity.com. It gets tedious after a while, however well-stated the bashing is.

Don't hate us for being touchy regarding Turbine.

Take my case, got threatened edited deleted and now can't answer anything on forums 'cuz I'm on "moderator review" meaning nothing i post gets through because of my big sin:

Had a heavy case of the infamous "lag issue", tech support said it wasn't their problem (several times) and that it's my unfixable problem for being in South America (I'm in Central America, to begin with). End result: cancelled subscription since it was unplayable for me anyways.

And then before 6.1 where I'd have a chance to decide wether they finally DID fix the problem or not, to get the rewards i'd have to re-subscribe and cross my fingers. The rewards look nice and I'd even be willing to ignore a lot of the bad stuff (including inventory shuffling and more than 3 bugs) on account of the mostly great content, instead my first reaction was "Betcha you need a 995 TP key to open your reward". That and the fact that I might not be able to play the event if they don't fix the lag.

So yeah, easy on the others for being antagonistic... it's not something we chose to do from one day to the other, it's an accumulated list of legitimate grievances and since they're being fascists about dissent on their forums, this is the only place where we can vent some steam and leave a written record of it ;-)

Hey, Turbine created these issues of inventory glut, and every time they hand out more 'rewards', people have even less places to put them as they did before. They are creating a situation where people who WANT to retain these things are having to purchase the vault space to do so, and even then they can't store everything they can earn just by playing the game. People have complained for years they don't have enough showcase room in their homes and kinhouses to display rewards and other fluff they've earned in game, but does Turbine fix THAT obvious issue? NO, they simply offer to sell you storage space, at a fairly high price per character I might add, and leave it to you to constantly juggle things around.

This is NO accident, it's poor design that drives their store sales, or more correctly, it's a store driven game design. The barter glut alone is why people break down and pay to fix Turbines screw up of glut, and handing out more things to place in homes is going to make it worse. Let alone having to pay for more wardrobe slots (which thankfully are account wide). I don't get why some people either don't see this, or don't have a problem with it. If your sub fee isn't enough to cover these things, why even bother giving it to them in the first place? For the TP? Save your money, and buy the points directly, it's a lot cheaper that way (compared to continually giving them money and still having to spend more), and it cuts directly into their overall revenue stream.That WILL get their attention.

I don't care how nice the game looks if interacting with it is a pita that makes me dig deep into my wallet causing me to spend the equivalent of another lifetime to solve problems they intentionally introduced into the game.

Implicit in the complaints about legitimate beefs is compliance with the state of the game. If you are against the complaints, it follows you must agree with the issues that cause them.

Oh noes, people may come here, see all the legitimate beefs, and decide not to bother with the game. How terrible. Potential customers researched a game and discovered it has some glaring issues that remain unresolved, and that the company takes steps to wipe the forum clean of them to prevent potential customers from learning about them. That must be just a horrible, horrible thing to do, educating people about a companies activities. Yes, of course, it's OUR problem, and OUR misinterpretation of facts, not anything Turbine did at all.

What Turbine does is essentially the same thing that would happen if, after ordering medium well steak in a restaurant, it comes to your table half cooked and partially frozen on the inside (happened to me once actually), aren't you going to send it back, and if it comes back still undercooked, aren't you going to start getting upset and talk a LOT louder so that everyone around you KNOWS what's happening? If a restaurant behaved like Sapience does, they'd gag you and toss you out the back door where no one can see, and then issue a restraining order preventing you from going within 100 yards of the front door, and tell everyone else in the community that you had a drug interaction and were a well known mental case. Just like they do on the official forms where they tarnish rep or otherwise attempt to destroy character.