Talisman

Title says it all...

http://rohan.lotro.com/pre-order.html

Base edition is $39.99 USD.

Heroic edition is $49.99 USD.

Legendary edition is $69.99 USD

Bonuses include:

-Steed of the Eastemnet (all editions).

-Title: Friend of the Mark (all editions).

-A token to change the appearance of the soldier on landscape to a Rohirrim (all editions).

-Rohan Elite Guard Statted Cloak (all editions). From the article: "A box of four statted cloaks that allows you to choose a power bonus for your hero type". It appears the Base & Heroic editions are level 20. The Legendary upgrades it to level 75. I'm not sure if that's a typo or not.

-Hauberk of the Eastemnet (Heroic edition).

-Evendim, Moria, and Lothlórien Quest Packs (Heroic edition).

-Armour of the Eastemnet (Legendary edition). This is a full cosmetic outfit.

-A pocket item that increases 25% XP boost through lvl 75 (Legendary edition).

-6th inventory bag (Legendary edition).

-Crystal of Remembrance (Legendary edition). This allows you to add another legacy to your weapon.

-An exclusive skill for your war-steed (Legendary edition). From the article: "Discover the lineage of the great War-steeds and earn a mounted combat deed that grants an exclusive skill for your War-steed".

There are no TPs for pre-order. However, you can buy a package at a discount along with the preorder:

Base Edition: 1,550 TP for $11.70 USD (40% off the regular $19.50 USD price).

Heroic Edition: 2,500 TP for $17.39 USD (40% off the regular $28.99 USD price).

Legendary Edition: 5,000 TP for $29.99 (40% off the regular $49.99 USD price).

These are regular packages, without the bonus points normally granted.

With the Heroic edition, you can also get the Rise of Isengard Expansion Pack for $19.99 USD (50% off the regular $39.99 USD price)

All prices are in US dollars (USD).

So, if this isn't due until Fall, Turbine is now selling pre-orders three-four months in advance. Funny timing considering it is the last month of Q2.

Not to mention $40 to $70 for an expansion - really? This has got to be the biggest joke ever. They are getting to the point where they are selling expansions, with minimal new content, for the price of an entire game.

To be honest, saying the expansion costs 70 dollars isn't really fair, it's 40 dollars and that's at the high end, though the coming WoW expac has the same price, I'm afraid we should get used to the fact that expac costs us 40 dollar.

To quote my post on the forums, if the special editions has items you would have bought otherwise, it's worth the money, otherwise it probably isn't.

I think they will charge 1.995 TP for the 6th bag in the store, there is also a horse attached to it, so another 1.995 TP. For the 30 dollars extra, you get way more looking in TP. Though I still think they ask too much or don't give enough items.

The biggest problem is, the information they give is not much (or better said, almost nothing)

I laughed when I saw the prices. £45 for the largest. This is the cash grab I was waiting for. Not only that but a Crystal of Rememberance. What's the betting that goes into the Store? Yet another LI feature taken out of the game and thrown into the Store.

Fuck Turbine, I'm not buying this.

• Upvote 2

No TP price? They can bugger off as far as I'm concerned; my money is staying in my pocket. When I can buy it with TP, I'll buy it with TP. It's not like I'll be missing anything - no instances, another grind to the new level cap, replace my LIs yet again, hang around waiting for end-game content; all for the sake of mounted combat that will probably turn out to be crap / buggy. I'll wait; by the time I get it, I expect the usual scrum round new content, queueing up for mobs, etc, will have died down.

The only pre-order stuff you get is a set of cloaks, a cosmetic for your soldier and an advanced version of the RoI xp stone. Who in their right minds would spend £45 just for that without knowing what's going to actually be in RoR?

*Sigh*

An expansion that - with fluff that costs them a fraction of the purchase price to produce, and is in perpetual supply once designed - costs more than a brand-new game, which includes a lot more content? Let's not forget that everyone will get access to Rohan and the increased level cap, whether they buy the expansion or not, so Turbine is charging between 40 and 70 dollars for what works out to be a quest pack, maybe some dungeons and raids (unknown at this point what it will entail for sure), and some digital fluff.

Yeah, that is seriously fleecing the playerbase. Seriously. If you absolutely must buy RoR, do yourself a favor and only buy the Base version. Especially since Turbine is now cranking out expansions once a year, $70 is a really steep price for a quest pack and some fluff (and maybe dungeons/raids).

Nothing surprises me about Turbine anymore. Not that they've told us nothing about the expansion. Not that they've put the 6th bag behind a £45 cost. Not that they've created a new LI crystal which will be more than likely a predominantly Store item like the Star-lit. Not that this LI crystal is also a game mechanic taken out and put in the Store like relic removal. Not that they're so desperate for money that they're overcharging for an expansion. There is nothing they can surprise me with... actually, if they suddenly gave a discount or perma reduced costs, that would surprise me. Then again, if they do anything nice for their customers, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

On a stranger note, it seems I have my very own stalker who has a love/hate relationship with me. They gave me positive rep and yet tied it with 'QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ! Go back to the unofficial forums and cry some more.' for a post in agreement with Honvik. If only all crazy people could do that, I'd be swimming in green.

D3 is at least a full game. RoR is one zone worth of quests.

Just been reading the thread on the Turbine forum and if that is any indicator to the player base then Turbine are in for a shock. People are not happy at the price and what you get for it.

How long before Turbine starts closing threads of people unhappy with the Legendary's price-point?

No it's not.* GW2 will be though, at RoR price. RoR = Rip-off-Really.

* D3 is utterly dysfunctional.

I agree, D3 is dysfunctional, but at least it is a full game. As is GW2, for that matter. And both are cheaper than the Legendary edition, if I recall properly. And what does RoR give us, that you can't get without buying it? One zone worth of quests, maybe some dungeons and raids (maybe), and some digital fluff? That's completely sad, and a rip-off to beat all rip-offs.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?462282-Ridiculous-Costs

Few people jumping out with the usual, flawed arguments of 'you don't NEED it'. Most people seem to dislike the costs too.

Considering the Heroic and Legendary edition, that is true, although people should rage about it.

The 40 dollar offer for the basic edition is high, esp. because we don't know much about it.

Just an FYI for clarification.

This is NOT a Pre-Order, they actually have the gaul to do it as a Pre-Purchase....

Boy, does this smell like someone trying to make Q2 end numbers.

The biggest problem is, the information they give is not much (or better said, almost nothing)

I'll give you another one for coal on the fire. Since they are selling it pre-purchase (rather than a deposit only pre-order) they just opened themselves up in a major way legally to being sued in a class action (remember, this is owned by WB now, so lawyers can smell the money). When collecting full amount for a product, you must (by federal law) specify EXACTLY what the customer is getting for their funds in exchange for the full amount. If a company can't do that, or isn't willing to, then you go with pre-order.

This pre-purchase thing is a dangerous new precedent that, I guaranteee, will lead to lawsuits eventually. Lawyers can always smell blood a mile away and changing from pre-order to pre-purchase obiligates a company under a whole host of laws that pre-order does not and is very easy to slip up on.

Considering the Heroic and Legendary edition, that is true, although people should rage about it.

The 40 dollar offer for the basic edition is high, esp. because we don't know much about it.

Considering all of it, it's true. We don't need anything from the game, we don't even need to play it. The point is we do play it and we pay to play, so having people tell me I don't need full access when I put money into it is just enraging.

Just an FYI for clarification.

This is NOT a Pre-Order, they actually have the gaul to do it as a Pre-Purchase....

Boy, does this smell like someone trying to make Q2 end numbers.

I'll give you another one for coal on the fire. Since they are selling it pre-purchase (rather than a deposit only pre-order) they just opened themselves up in a major way legally to being sued in a class action (remember, this is owned by WB now, so lawyers can smell the money). When collecting full amount for a product, you must (by federal law) specify EXACTLY what the customer is getting for their funds in exchange for the full amount. If a company can't do that, or isn't willing to, then you go with pre-order.

This pre-purchase thing is a dangerous new precedent that, I guaranteee, will lead to lawsuits eventually. Lawyers can always smell blood a mile away and changing from pre-order to pre-purchase obiligates a company under a whole host of laws that pre-order does not and is very easy to slip up on.

True. This is just a big push to make some quarterly target.

Maybe Turbine should just accept that F2P for LOTRO doesn't work, or at the very least that they aren't doing enough to justify people paying extra to keep the game solvent? Selling annual expansions for more than many new games cost just isn't going to fly, especially when the economy is far from rosy right now.