LOTROCommunity

Riders of Rohan Pre-Order

Talisman

I've been wondering why even my arse-kissing posts haven't been getting through... but then I have been peppering them with praise as if I were referring to a cult or Kim Jong Il (*reminds self to end with 'our dear leader', since 'long live Turbine' and 'all hail Turbine' are getting old*).

UPDATE: I just noticed I had a private message from Celestrata on the LOTRO Forums from the 6th of June, regarding my Moderation status. She very politely asked me to stop posting reminders to the Moderators at the bottom of each of my posts, and change my signature to something normal (I believe it was something like "MMNMH MNHNMM MUH MMNNGH MMMN!", bolded in red lettering, but I can't recall for sure). Once I had done that, which I have, they would speak to me about my status.

I sent back a very nice response, saying I would of course abide by their requests, and looked forward to discussing the situation. So I guess there is still hope, Doro.

UPDATE: I just noticed I had a private message from Celestrata on the LOTRO Forums from the 6th of June,

What is it with email notifications of private messages not working there, anyway?

I still have that weird double infraction, as pms, that never showed up in my user account. Could it be their software doesn't work right?

What is it with email notifications of private messages not working there, anyway?

I still have that weird double infraction, as pms, that never showed up in my user account. Could it be their software doesn't work right?

I have infractions from PMs, I didn't even know they were supposed to show up somewhere else, I don't see them anywhere.

To be fair it is still in Beta ;)

I have infractions from PMs, I didn't even know they were supposed to show up somewhere else, I don't see them anywhere.

To be fair it is still in Beta ;)

But my infractions from 2010 are still all there.

Technically, they'd delete that new thread saying it's a repost of a deleted thread, which is against the rules. And here I was thinking that America was the land of the free. Such an empty title.

wowo, really?

that might be true if these were public forums.

but since lotro forums are privately owned freedom of speech doesnt apply.

in the 'land of the free' such things are allowed to a point.

if these kind of things are not allowed wherever you reside maybe you should emigrate elsewhere.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463545-Why-all-the-constant-whining&p=6229429#post6229429

I'm absolutely gobsmacked, Zarador is one of the staunchest Turbine Defenders, and now it seems that is no longer the case!

Was previously on my ignore list, but just for this, had to be taken off that list and +repped.

if these kind of things are not allowed wherever you reside maybe you should emigrate elsewhere.

I don't need to emigrate... I live in England. Providing I'm not swearing or drumming up hate/violence, I'm free to say what I like. Pretty fair, really, since it's just 'do what you like, providing nobody is hurt by it'.

Also, cheers to Raon for posting for me.

I was sitting doing some proper comparisons of RoI and RoR today. It was alot harder than I thought. Turbine's web store kept giving me varying costs for each currency, so I just put the lowest as before tax and highest as after tax. I have no idea if the prices are right, I only copied what Turbine gave me.

roivsror.png

Should be easier to compare. From what I can tell, since the legendary costs so much more but gives so much less, it needs around 4000TP to make it viable (it would be 6000, but the crystal and the bag bring it down a bit). I didn't include pre-purchase stuff for either and also didn't include the instance cluster for RoI, since their web store don't seem to list it as part of the expansion, yet I'm sure it is.

But you don't need to /pre-purchase/ it. The stuff in Doro's list are not pre-purchase exclusives. I'll simply wait a month after release (or sooner) when they're undoubtedly 50% off. I was a bit pissed off when I saw RoI 50% off so soon, looked desperate to me. I don't expect any less now.

On the other hand, if I wanted all the stuff for all chars on my main account on Snowbourn(all 17 of them), it would cost a crapload of tp.

Very true. I suppose Turbine could use that saying 'but you have 17 chars, so we're giving you 18,000TP worth of stuff anyway'. But I only really have 1 character, so the rest would be wasted.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463545-Why-all-the-constant-whining&p=6229429#post6229429

I'm absolutely gobsmacked...

Think yourself lucky, I nearly soiled myself. I second what Trinsec said, it's time to exploit their desperation, they've been happy to try and exploit us for long enough, it's soon time to return the favour. That's if it actually turns out to be even worth 50% of the current price :)

Hush, go to the Guild Wars 2 thread! This is RoR only!

I would but they won't let me play with them. They only let beta participants enter...

and to make this a non-derail post, here's some RoR!

http://mmoreporter.com/category/podcast/lotro-reporter-podcast/category/podcasts/lotro-reporter-podcast/

You want Ranters of Rohan podcast. I think it's around 14 minutes in when they start talking about the pre-purchase packs. They aren't too pleased by it, but they sadly didn't mention the lack of instance cluster or the bait and switch Turbine did with it (unless they said it later on, I kinda got bored with it because they were being too nice).

I had to stop listening due to all the guy love at the start.

I have no idea what they said at the start. I just started at 14 minutes and then turned it off when they finished talking about pre-purchases (got a protip to start from 14, so I can see why now).

I have no idea what they said at the start. I just started at 14 minutes and then turned it off when they finished talking about pre-purchases (got a protip to start from 14, so I can see why now).

Oh they give it a proper mauling. First time I've ever heard both Merric and goldenstar deride Turbine in a big way. At one point they can't stop laughing at what a joke the new expansion is.

Well the bag is real value, so the legendary is really only $10 more expensive. This isn't the problem. The problem is right at the base.

I'd say the value of the bag is covered by the 1000TP that was given in RoI, so it's still $20 more expensive, if not more because it also doesn't have any instance cluster.

Glad I got off this treadmill slightly before Update 3. I saw this coming a mile away and feel so much better that I haven't been continuously suckered by Turbine.

BTW, my opinion on the absurd pricing for RoR is simple - their continued biz practices have chased away a very large portion of their old supportive (and paying) customer base and now, they are trying to make up the revenue loss of volume by charging a higher (okay, ludicrous) price for, once again, a glorified quest pack.

This is NOT an expansion. Ever since F2P, Turbine has had an extremely distorted view of what constitutes and expansion, so much so that I consider the crap they are putting out as expanions to be a blemish on the whole industry.

I really hope this whole RoR thing finally blows up in a major way in their faces.

I'd say the value of the bag is covered by the 1000TP that was given in RoI, so it's still $20 more expensive, if not more because it also doesn't have any instance cluster.

Right. The lack of TP inclusion wrecks all the packages.

The big question is mounted combat. There might be *more* justification for a higher price if mounted combat is all that, a huge new system, well designed, well tested, working, with lots of options, and if it is an interesting sub-game. That would be real value for the user created with lots of effort on part of Turbine. You can justify charging for it.

Chances are that it is either a bugfest, or like the LI system a stupid time sink that you do because you need it, not because it is an interesting sub-game in it's own right. Or all of the above.