LOTROCommunity

Riders of Rohan Pre-Order

Talisman

http://mmoreporter.c...porter-podcast/

You want Ranters of Rohan podcast. I think it's around 14 minutes in when they start talking about the pre-purchase packs. They aren't too pleased by it, but they sadly didn't mention the lack of instance cluster or the bait and switch Turbine did with it (unless they said it later on, I kinda got bored with it because they were being too nice).

This was such a poignant statement that Bill made, I felt compelled to transcribe it for posterity.

"This whole expansion different editions here smacks of an evil marketing soul, who has absolutely no ties to the community and is just there to squeeze every red cent out of the people who are playing this game. /plantsflag"

This video made me laugh. They worked so hard at making this authentic, and yet in the trailer, as soon as they opened their mouth it was painfully obvious they weren't from Rohan. I guess everyone under Kate doesn't want to be seen in public anymore or did they leave? I've been seeing a lot of her lately.

Right. The lack of TP inclusion wrecks all the packages.

The big question is mounted combat. There might be *more* justification for a higher price if mounted combat is all that, a huge new system, well designed, well tested, working, with lots of options, and if it is an interesting sub-game. That would be real value for the user created with lots of effort on part of Turbine. You can justify charging for it.

Chances are that it is either a bugfest, or like the LI system a stupid time sink that you do because you need it, not because it is an interesting sub-game in it's own right. Or all of the above.

Then again, Mirkwood also had a new system that was, at the beginning, a really nice addition (in my opinion). Sure, it only had 5 levels, but it also had an instance cluster and a raid, all for the low price of £15. From what I can tell, RoR is offering less than even Mirkwood, the smallest expansion, yet Turbine charges the highest for it.

ROFLMFAO. They went for "authenticty"... by apparently giving one of the actors a composite recurve bow that the Rohirrim would not have had. And, ironically, the point towards the end where one of the numpties says "battle strategy", they're showing a cut of the appallingly poor Bk5 that consists of Theodred the Dim (their version) trying to assault a fortress with... cavalry. :F

Words would fail me, did I not already know how utterly clueless these twerps are. In fairness though (and with apologies to Dal & other Yanks on this forum), I must make certain allowances, because every US written RP scenario I can ever remember coming across; from the original D&D through Baldur's Gate & onwards; has had certain deficiences. Sadly, I think that the US psyche has a hole in it that allows shite like this to get published. I don't know whether it's the writers being ignorant, or the publishers being ignorant & asking for impluasible modifications but, on average, the smaller corpus of UK published work I've seen is either / both far more realistic, less prone to stupid, immersion breaking cock-ups. And yes, Kate Paiz sounds like a complete fucking idiot.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463545-Why-all-the-constant-whining&p=6229429#post6229429

I'm absolutely gobsmacked, Zarador is one of the staunchest Turbine Defenders, and now it seems that is no longer the case!

Was previously on my ignore list, but just for this, had to be taken off that list and +repped.

More here.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463918-Trust-in-the-Past-brings-Hope-for-the-Future&p=6230338#post6230338

Still a tool and a fool. I'm sure he's fun to have around at work. Bad judgement and thinking everybody else is wrong in the face of obvious evidence.

Turbine are pulling veiled threats to ban people for getting refunds now. Unbelievable.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463712-No-instance-cluster-So-what/page6

That is disgusting. Probably just a deterrent, to try to get all those people they screwed over from pursuing a refund, for fear of banning. That way, Turbine keeps their cash and they keep the account open for future squeezes. I doubt Turbine would ban an account that is a potential wallet anyway.

As I said in the other thread, It's an absolute disgrace.

All it means is they're running scared about the deluge of negative attention they're getting online and the unanimously negative reception all of their hype is getting and are concocting bullshit deterrents to try to force people to give up their claims.

I bet they assumed everyone would fall for their marketing machine hook line and sinker. That we'd be crowing about their magnificent live action trailer and cooing about those wonderful interviews that Kate gave to us lowly plebians, like she's on our side and just wants us to be happy. I bet right now they're distraught that everything they do is getting spat on by everyone and nobody is dancing to their little tune.

This is phase one of damage control, and it's typical. So quick to take your money, and once they have hold of it it they won't let go. Note how they're not even acting as if removing the product from the accounts is an option - they're just going straight for the ban threats. The next stage will be to threaten the people who persist with their claims or complaints with legal action.

They can claim that the incorrect FAQ "doesn't count" as much as they want, it doesn't make it any less true that they mis-sold this expansion to likely thousands of people. Nor does their talk of banning accounts tell us anything more than they are trying to threaten and suppress out of existence any attempt to obtain satisfaction through legitimate consumer rights processes.

Illegal, all. Everything they do just digs them deeper. If enough people compile their documents and take it up with Consumer Direct/BBB, they'll soon change their tune. I bet then they'll claim it was all a "misunderstanding."

I'd also suggest that people compile a rudimentary dossier and sent it to the gaming press. We'll see how ban-happy they are if IGN, CVG, PC Gamer et al are mauling them, too. I'm certainly going to, and with matters such as this there is strength in numbers. I have a feeling that this is our best shot at really hammering Turbine, so we cannot sit idle. We need to take this opportunity while it's still there.

[EDIT] I will also add - bypass Turbine. Get your refund directly from Digital River. They agreed that Isengard was not as sold when I applied my refund, I got my money back and my account was not banned. I fail to see how the Rohan debacle is anything other than an even more egregious offence on Turbine's part. I don't have any doubt that Digital River will agree that this product was not as sold as well, and issue refunds to you without the need for charge backs. After that, any banning on Turbine's part will be purely out of vindictiveness.

I've only logged into LOTRO twice in the last three or four months. Lasted about five minutes each time, looked at the power bars, looked at the completely empty Bree (just me and a bunch of hapless npc's), mounted up, got as far as the gate and logged out. I've just lost interest in the game. That's something I really thought would never happen. I expected to be there till they shut the servers down.

I just don't like the direction Turbine have taken the game. Course, since I bought a lifetime sub years ago, I can't go to them and tell them I'll cancel my sub if they don't pull their collective finger out...

DDO does nothing for me either, so Turbine really are not producing anything for me at the moment.

[EDIT] I will also add - bypass Turbine. Get your refund directly from Digital River. They agreed that Isengard was not as sold when I applied my refund, I got my money back and my account was not banned. I fail to see how the Rohan debacle is anything other than an even more egregious offence on Turbine's part. I don't have any doubt that Digital River will agree that this product was not as sold as well, and issue refunds to you without the need for charge backs. After that, any banning on Turbine's part will be purely out of vindictiveness.

I tried the Digital River way, didn't work for me:

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we do not handle Customer

Service for Turbine Entertainment. Please contact Turbine Entertainment

directly with your request:

Technical Support: 1-781-407-4010

Support Hours: 12:30pm to 8:30 PM EST

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Sarah O.

Customer Service

Digital River, Inc.

Email ID: 22917740

That is disgusting. Probably just a deterrent, to try to get all those people they screwed over from pursuing a refund, for fear of banning. That way, Turbine keeps their cash and they keep the account open for future squeezes. I doubt Turbine would ban an account that is a potential wallet anyway.

Uncannily thick, Turbine are.

I tried the Digital River way, didn't work for me:

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we do not handle Customer

Service for Turbine Entertainment. Please contact Turbine Entertainment

directly with your request:

Technical Support: 1-781-407-4010

Support Hours: 12:30pm to 8:30 PM EST

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Sarah O.

Customer Service

Digital River, Inc.

Email ID: 22917740

Thats bullshit they are selling turbines product on turbines behalf, i would phone them back and tell them Turbine has broken EU distance selling laws and Digital river as there agent is responsable also, then inform them either they refund you or handle the details on your behalf as turbines agent because your not calling the USA to be on hold for a hour or your gonna report them to whatever agency handles that sort of issue in your country.

And now, DarkCntry is in this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463712-No-instance-cluster-So-what/page6

with lame unsuccessful attempts at trolling and Turbine Defending.

Suppose people make their own purpose in life... it's just some try to make it something worthwhile.

Wow...

turbineemail.png

"If you chose to dispute the charges, Turbine will take action against the account, which may include banning the account."

Nice threat on Turbine's part.

Still had no word on whether or not the instance cluster will be free for VIPs yet?

I am guessing that if they were to be free for VIP's, they would have said something by now. But considering they are holding information back, like they always do, they will not be free for VIP's. That is just my opinion, though. But, chance are, I am right.

News - CSTM will be covering this. I've asked them about it, and the impression I received was that I was far from alone in contacting them.

Let's keep the momentum going on this, people! Next stop is the larger gaming press. :)

Digital river clearly states a 30 day return period on all purchases.

You can definitely use that to pull back a credit card or paypal payment. Print it out and be ready to fax it (or use a fax service on a PDF you made from the web page).

5. Turdbine is now in a position to post that under further review they stand on their original position of no instance cluster

with the purchase -or- they will come out with something like,

"We will do what's right by our *cough*players and we will be including the instance cluster in the $70 price."

June 14 2012 Turbine caves under insurmountable pressure from it's players! Yay for the consumer!

"Sapience posted Thursday June 14 , 2012 , 2:46PM EST

yada...yada...yada.....

At Turbine we have always made it a point to listen closely to our players and adjust

when necessary to provide the best possible entertainment experience. "

Turbine, do yourself a favor.........LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!

1. Tell your marketing dept. to get their shit together! Drop the market speak and just put forth straight forward presentation on future expansions/sale items. Don't try to pit one customer tier against another.

2. Tell Mr. Paize he is WRONG! All consumers want is a FAIR VALUE for their money. You cross that line too many times and you WILL hear about it. I think that's been proven, don't you think Mr. Paize?? There's an old saying,"Don't put a stick in a hornet's nest and spin it around. You're liable to get your ass stung!"

June 14 2012 Turbine caves under insurmountable pressure from it's players! Yay for the consumer!

"Sapience posted Thursday June 14 , 2012 , 2:46PM EST

yada...yada...yada.....

At Turbine we have always made it a point to listen closely to our players and adjust

when necessary to provide the best possible entertainment experience. "

Turbine, do yourself a favor.........LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!

1. Tell your marketing dept. to get their shit together! Drop the market speak and just put forth straight forward presentation on future expansions/sale items. Don't try to pit one customer tier against another.

2. Tell Mr. Paize he is WRONG! All consumers want is a FAIR VALUE for their money. You cross that line too many times and you WILL hear about it. I think that's been proven, don't you think Mr. Paize?? There's an old saying,"Don't put a stick in a hornet's nest and spin it around. You're liable to get your ass stung!"

Sapience has made a statement somewhere?