LOTROCommunity

Riders of Rohan Pre-Order

As lifer who preordered SoM from Turbine.. you actually bought the Adventurer's Pack and got SoM for free. That was quite a bad wording on Turbine's part as they probably should've done the other way around because a lot of people complained they didn't want the adventurer's pack but only SoM.. while they were the same price each. Heh. It was amusing.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure you understand how this works. The old FAQ never existed. When Sapience says that the instances are part of the expansion, we should accept his statements as the infallible word of Mod. I

+rep to Stavro (this forum needs some form of +1 or like button, less spammy) *edit* **points to thord's reply** doesn't seem to change, as you said.

I laughed when I saw the prices. £45 for the largest. This is the cash grab I was waiting for. Not only that but a Crystal of Rememberance. What's the betting that goes into the Store? Yet another LI

So lifers would have gotten SoM free without spending any (non-existent) TP right?

Month-to-month subscribers had to purchase both SoM and the AP, regardless pf pre-order or post-launch.

Three/six/twelve-month subscribers received SoM for free at launch, but had to purchase the AP separately.

Lifers received SoM for free if they pre-ordered the AP. If a lifer did not pre-order the AP, they had to pay full price for both the AP and SoM. There was no provision for a lifer get SoM without giving Turbine more money.

So did the non-lifer VIP need to purchase the Adventurer's Pack? I wasn't around lotro at the time some I only have second-hand info to go on and search for anything on Turbine's site is a waste of time. I did find one article that refers to it as a free expansion everything find just makes thing more confusing.

Yup, everybody had to pay for the Adventurer's pack. The only variation between subscription types is whether SoM was a paid expansion (month-to-month), a free quest pack (multi-month), or an AP pre-order bonus (lifers).

What I was asking was if the adventurers pack a required purchase. I think found my answer here. So it appears SoM was available for free and the Adventurers pack was optional for non-lifers.

• 3 weeks later...

What I was asking was if the adventurers pack a required purchase. I think found my answer here. So it appears SoM was available for free and the Adventurers pack was optional for non-lifers.

Precisely! The AP was NOT a requirment of those that switched their sub from m-to-m. Those that did swtch thier subs to multi-month were the winners in this. They got the SoM for free and also saved a few $ on thier subs if they planned on being around anyways. And of course the feel-good syndrom helped to sell the AP to those players because they felt Turdbine had done them a good turn. Lifers were kinda kicked to the curb on that.

Think about it this way, if Turdbine had come out with a straight forward ad campaign on SoM:

Preorder Bonus: Preorder Seige of Mirkwood, get the Adventure's Pack Free.

No one gets kicked to the curb, everyone gets a warm feeling about Turdbine. But no! Turdbine had to get devisive. This caused a pretty big rift in the community at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight necro.

Was reading http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?470896-Does-quot-Rohan-Expansion-Content-quot-include-the-Instance-Cluster&p=6318779#post6318779 and Jassiminn raised a very good point about the expansion and the included instances. The pre-purchase page STILL hasn't been updated to include the instance cluster. Even the FAQ only says:

We will be introducing a new instance cluster by the end of the year. More information will be released later this summer.

So I responded with a reference to Liknvi's problem when she tried to get a refund. What it was, in short, was if Turbine didn't even accept their FAQ as official, then we can't assume Sapience's word is official. Sort of worrying when you realise that.

• Upvote 1

Reputation got disabled very early on because someone(s) seemed to be abusing it. You can still give rep; you can still see who has given you rep. But it's not public.

I'm not sure you understand how this works. The old FAQ never existed. When Sapience says that the instances are part of the expansion, we should accept his statements as the infallible word of Mod. If we get something other than what we're expecting, it's because Mod works in mysterious ways, it is not up to us mere mortals to interpret the word of Mod.

Of course there will be heretics who bring along their "proof" that Mod was wrong, such as Google cache pages or unpurged forum posts, but these are just fabricated pieces of evidence put there by the naysayers to test our faith in Mod.

I know it's hard, but we need to stay strong in these trying times. With naysayers lurking in every thread trying to test our faith with things like "facts", and with false Mods trying to draw us into heretical games such as GW2, we need to stick with the One True Mod now more than ever.

Got to be one of my top 10 favourite posts.

On a side note, something strange is going on in that thread. I recieved a neg rep yesterday and definitely from that thread. Not a problem, I have thousands. But today the neg rep is showing N/A. I went through that thread and all of my posts are still there. None are deleted. So what changed?

• Upvote 1

Posting just in case.

Let me direct you again to:

[insert Liknvi's first email from Turbine]

I agree that these things SHOULD be legally binding without question. The problem is that Turbine doesn't believe it is so. They outright refused a customer a legitimate refund because they didn't count any source of information than the pre-purchase page and advertising. Legally, they can't do that. Since they deny refunds, they then make it hard for a customer to pursue a refund (they even made threats to ban the account if further action was taken).

It's necessary to warn customers that though they believe Turbine will do the right thing, there is a chance they won't. If they don't, then those who want a refund will have a long and difficult fight ahead, since Turbine will deny and threaten account action instead of just following the law. If it isn't on the pre-purchase page, Turbine unfortunately has wiggle room.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?470896-Does-quot-Rohan-Expansion-Content-quot-include-the-Instance-Cluster&p=6321569#post6321569

Doro, good post that you linked to. Here is my view:

Turbine 100% has to offer a refund with-in 30 days of purchase for any reason - even if you just don't like the game. They can refuse it - but not legally. I am guessing that anyone who does not wimper away after they say they cannot offer a refund - would get one. Especially if they point out the 30-day money back guarantee.

Unless I am missing something?

BTW, I noticed the Mods went and edited out all the threads talking about this 30-day guarantee. I am sure they will do this to this one:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?470896-Does-quot-Rohan-Expansion-Content-quot-include-the-Instance-Cluster&p=6322844#post6322844

Here is their own policy: http://store.turbine.com/store?Action=DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=turbine#q2

Since I know you will read this: shame on you Turbine!

On a side note, something strange is going on in that thread. I recieved a neg rep yesterday and definitely from that thread. Not a problem, I have thousands. But today the neg rep is showing N/A. I went through that thread and all of my posts are still there. None are deleted. So what changed?

There is something odd going on with your rep altogether, I went to +rep you for something you wrote in a thread on the RoR forums and got.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dorothir again"

Yet I am afraid to say I haven't given you any rep for ages so there is no reason for it to show this.

There is something odd going on with your rep altogether, I went to +rep you for something you wrote in a thread on the RoR forums and got.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dorothir again"

Yet I am afraid to say I haven't given you any rep for ages so there is no reason for it to show this.

Did you give it to anyone else?

I know I've had to give rep to 5-6 different people before being able to give rep when it's come up with that.

read an interesting article over at pcworld about how when internet/tech companies screw customers they die and cite Digg and Zynga as proof while giving a warning to facebook.

first...i hope patience is doing all right still over at zynga with this happeneing.

but second i think Turbine would do well to read this article and take notice.

My link

I don't know what's going on over there but I tried to give you + rep for that post and it said I needed to spread out rep before I give it to you again. The problem is that I haven't given you any rep recently, can Sapience turn off incoming positive rep?

I don't know what's going on over there but I tried to give you + rep for that post and it said I needed to spread out rep before I give it to you again. The problem is that I haven't given you any rep recently, can Sapience turn off incoming positive rep?

Seems its not just me then that can't give Doro rep

Yeah, I've been having some rep trouble too.

As for the thread, jeez there's a poster in there who seems to love protecting Turbine, even if they break the law. They honestly blamed the customer when Turbine incorrectly advertised RoR in the beginning. Then said it was hard luck that Turbine won't give refunds.

Seriously, some people make me lose faith in humanity.

... can Sapience turn off incoming positive rep?

Probably. Of course they won't admit to such a thing, but they removed all but 50 points of my reputation without removing any of the posts I got maxed-out rep from, so it appears Turbine can manipulate the Rep system however they like.