LOTROCommunity

Riders of Rohan Pre-Order

Talisman

Yay. Went to go make a thread to make it clear for people that this is not an expansion and got:

Infraction received for: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?6211641-RoR-Expansion-Contents&p=6211641#post6211641

While participating in the The Lord of the Rings Online service, both in-game and through the official Web, you will follow the instructions of authorized personnel at all times.

Comments:

"Let's see what Turbine are trying to sell us for $40+, higher than any other expansion.

After careful reading, I've found what they're selling as an expansion: Rohan Quest Content."

Dorothir,

I warned you not to stir the pot, and you have proceeded to do so. There are plenty of other threads that are currently ongoing where you could have politely explained that you do not feel that this is worthy of your purchase. Instead, you have attempted to incite trolling by starting a brand new thread.

I will not overlook this one. I gave you your chance and you chose to ignore my requests. I am placing you into moderation, where I will have to approve your posts before they go live on the site. Should you post in accordance with the community guidelines, you will be released from moderation.

Additionally, I am making this a full infraction, which will confer a penalty.

If you wish to discuss this via PM, you are more than welcome to do so. However, please be aware that due to the Riders of Rohan questions and answers, I may be intermittent in my replies via PM.

~Celestrata

So to the mods, anything said against Turbine is trolling. I'm now on moderation, so I only get arse-kissing posts available for people to see.

Of course all these threads are nuked, too.

Yup. Heaven forbid any of the stupid customers of Turbine get alerted to how much they're being ripped off. Must hide the threads straight away or Turbine can't scam anyone!

Well looks like I'm not gonna buy.

$10 for the bag is very reasonable, I can do that.

The quest packs? Who knows whether I make it there and if then, given the fast leveling today I can probably live by the epic storyline.

I now have 3 months to do 100 deeds (basic and advanced combined) and I can just buy the expansion with TP. Probably set my little brother to the task. He apparently loves killing tons of creatures, since he plays Runescape a lot. Now that game is a true grind.

All those threads complaining about the price aren't nuked. They've been shoved in the Riders of Rohan Preorder Discussion subforum: http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?684-Riders-of-Rohan-Pre-order-Discussion

Having said that, it does look like just paying with TP and just paying 995TP for the extra bag seems to be the cheapest option right now. I just don't have over 4k TP lingering around though. :P

I can't believe they've had the stones to actually sell people a content update and pretend it's an expansion. I thought they were pushing it when they did the same with RoI but they cleverly used what was originally a delayed, free raid (Draigoch) and included with RoI. It made it seem like an expansion. This one doesn't even have any raids or instances. Not even a new skirmish. The only thing they're selling is a quest pack and people are so blinded by the shinies attached to it that they fail to notice.

Well played, Turbine. You've made me lose faith in humanity in two different ways at once.

Is there really no instances / raids / skirmishes with this 'expansion'? If that is correct, then I am disgusted. How could they label this an expansion? It costs £30 for the basic edition, which is a quest pack. £40-50 version for a quest pack with some extra fluff.

I really can't believe this.

Well played, Turbine. You've made me lose faith in humanity in two different ways at once.

I have that feeling after I read this thread ;)

So I guess after the rambling is over here and most are logging in again to play happily and hope things will get better with the next Xpack, I say up to the next XPack announcement somewhere in 2013 and the freak show on the forums can start all over again. ;)

Is there really no instances / raids / skirmishes with this 'expansion'? If that is correct, then I am disgusted. How could they label this an expansion? It costs £30 for the basic edition, which is a quest pack. £40-50 version for a quest pack with some extra fluff.

I really can't believe this.

Celestrata told me himself that everything listed in the expansion's features is everything RoR will have. Unless he's wrong or he's lied to me and they will eventually add instances and raids to be included in the expansion, RoR does not and will not have any raids or instances.

I just don't know what to say about this. Turbine have been hyping up RoR since January, saying how it will be massive and the best expansion ever, etc. I was hoping for so much more.

Weren't they supposed to be at e3 too? I haven't heard a single thing about that. This is a massive dissapointment.

He has the cheek to say that my pointing out of their lack of detail of the expansion is loosely interpreting the law, while ignoring the pathetically loose interpretation of the forums own rules to give me a warning.

Maybe you should point out to him that this supposed "loose interpretation" of the law is the exact same interpretation that both Consumer Direct and Digital River agreed with last year when they pulled exactly the same trick with RoI. The same "loose interpretation" that enabled me and many others to get refunds because we're dead right about the whole thing and Turbine, for all their cockiness, are dead wrong.

I'd actually love it if they tried to contest similar complaints this time around. They could get themselves into a lot of trouble with the EU if they refused refunds directly, rather than through Digital River. The way the EU is at the moment, I don't think their representatives would take a great deal of shit from some upstart American company who thinks their laws don't apply.

I have that feeling after I read this thread ;)

So I guess after the rambling is over here and most are logging in again to play happily and hope things will get better with the next Xpack, I say up to the next XPack announcement somewhere in 2013 and the freak show on the forums can start all over again. ;)

People like you still fail to understand the difference between paying and playing.

I have the money and would happily play, unless it's an outright rippoff. Which it is. Not the best financial solution for Turbine.

Maybe you should point out to him that this supposed "loose interpretation" of the law is the exact same interpretation that both Consumer Direct and Digital River agreed with last year when they pulled exactly the same trick with RoI. The same "loose interpretation" that enabled me and many others to get refunds because we're dead right about the whole thing and Turbine, for all their cockiness, are dead wrong.

I'd actually love it if they tried to contest similar complaints this time around. They could get themselves into a lot of trouble with the EU if they refused refunds directly, rather than through Digital River. The way the EU is at the moment, I don't think their representatives would take a great deal of shit from some upstart American company who thinks their laws don't apply.

There's one difference though: Last year they made big, unexpected changes between pre-order and release. They haven't just yet with RoR. If they just release an oversized questpack with some Epic books, it's pretty much "as advertised".

I know several people who have already purchased the $70 one. But for once, I'm going to hold off. It's kind of bullshit to not even get "content" in the form of dungeons, instances, skirmishes, raids ect. with a full, high priced expansion. In the past I've jumped on the bandwagon right at the announcement, but not this time. I think since the store was introduced I've purchased maybe $40 worth of TP (lifetime account) in addition to all the highest prices expacs to date. My TP right now is around 500 total...so I'll have to do some figuring. Too bad really, since I can well afford to buy everything they could offer, if only I didn't constantly and consistently feel ripped off after every.single.purchase.

People like you still fail to understand the difference between paying and playing.

I have the money and would happily play, unless it's an outright rippoff. Which it is. Not the best financial solution for Turbine.

"people like you?"

My take is that some things I said hit a nerve somewhere.

O well......

I was about to quit the last part of the LOTRO journey anyway.

After quiting the game ages ago I gonna quit the forums too.

I had a slight hope that things would maybe turn around so kept a bit in touch through these forums, but it is over a year since i quited and it only has becomne worse.

So no need to keep looking and writing on LOTRO forums anymore as even the last drup of some hope have left.

Wish you all well, whatever it is you are all doing.

EMBX,

Signing off.

Yay. Went to go make a thread to make it clear for people that this is not an expansion and got:

So to the mods, anything said against Turbine is trolling. I'm now on moderation, so I only get arse-kissing posts available for people to see.

I've been on Moderation (after receiving no infractions or warnings, mind you) for six months, and not even arse-kissing posts get past the Mods. Moderation is just another way of Turbine muzzling people.

Is there really no instances / raids / skirmishes with this 'expansion'?

I did actually say that back on p.1. Obviously, (almost) no-one bothers to read my posts... ;)

It's not like I'll be missing anything - no instances, another grind to the new level cap, replace my LIs yet again, hang around waiting for end-game content; all for the sake of mounted combat that will probably turn out to be crap / buggy.

Still, at least we have a TP price now. Must remember not to buy any more scrolls or anything from the store in the meanwhile. Oh & :-O go deed grinding across 9 alts... 8)7 Sorry, 11 alts... |:(

RoR is a joke of an expansion but I don't even care anymore. I'll probably buy the quest pack for points and return to saving my lifer points for next year. That's all I did last year and I quit after finishing all of the quests.

Trion and Rift put LOTRO to shame in terms of turning out polished and far less buggy content.

I just found out that this expansion won't include Edoras or Helms Deep. I really don't think they'll ever get to Minas Tirith let alone any part of Mordor.

The employees at Turbine must be bummed about how little they are funded to create the rest of Middfe Earth. All of the money and time spent on Angmar, Forochel and Mirkwood could have been spent on Helms Deep, Minas Tirith and Osgiliath with new instances and such. It's possible they'll reach those areas but I doubt it. There appears to be little investment in the future of the game, they put out less and less content each "expansion" to the point where it can't possibly get any smaller than what is advertised in RoR.

This could very well be the final cash grab.

It comes down to whether you enjoy playing LOTRO.

I do, and I'm definitely buying the expansion, with money unless the TP price works out lower in cash, which I doubt. I'm not sure when or how yet; I thought the point of preordering was to get media in advance so that you have them to hand when the game goes live - for a download product it doesn't seem to matter.

I'm also not too bothered that there aren't raids. From my game play I want the experience of being in Middle Earth, and Rohan is a key part of that. I already know that if they do architecture like Stangard I'll be very happy in the new region.

Yes, I want to get to Edoras eventually, but I can see that Rohan is a huge area. And no, I'm not too interested in mounted combat. As a dwarf it seems out of character and it looks like being another whole new game to learn, like building a skirmish soldier. But I'll feel obliged to give it a try in a place like Rohan.

Bring it on! Now all I want is a housing revamp.

I've been on Moderation (after receiving no infractions or warnings, mind you) for six months, and not even arse-kissing posts get past the Mods. Moderation is just another way of Turbine muzzling people.

I've been wondering why even my arse-kissing posts haven't been getting through... but then I have been peppering them with praise as if I were referring to a cult or Kim Jong Il (*reminds self to end with 'our dear leader', since 'long live Turbine' and 'all hail Turbine' are getting old*).

All I can see them selling in this expansion is a Quest Pack. Everything else is either fluff or for free.

You forgot the two more horse trait lines you receive when you buy the expansion. It's not really big but probably enough to make you lose any lawsuit you are trying to start on this.