LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Laurinaohtar

No new (PvMp) map soon

If any of you were hoping for a new PvMp any time soon give up.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=6228481#post6228481

Lots of confirmation in this thread from Sap that Turbine are not and will not be developing a PvMp map any time soon, also it seems that they never even started work on the PvMp map they said was coming with RoI but failed to deliver.

I'm not surprised. I'm not even disappointed. They'd probably find some way to mess it up anyway or use the Store to make it wallet only.

I'm only surprised they haven't taken PvMP completely out of LOTRO yet. The Ettenmoors would make a very nice area for group PvE content, without all the problems attached to PvP content to deal with.

I'm only surprised they haven't taken PvMP completely out of LOTRO yet. The Ettenmoors would make a very nice area for group PvE content, without all the problems attached to PvP content to deal with.

Oh, I'm sure they'll find new ways of messing the 'moors up in the future.(I'm guessing, that is)

What is so difficult about reusing an existing piece of landscape for both PvE and PvP, anyway?

What is so difficult about reusing an existing piece of landscape for both PvE and PvP, anyway?

Well, it would require work and we are dealing with Turbine here... I don't think they have a single employee who is competent, intelligent or hard working.

I agree. Once upon a time I made the suggestion that Turbine use a variety of current landscape maps for PvMP, basically just copying what was in the open world and turning it into a new zone for instanced PvMP. They could then choose one of these many maps per day at random, and all PvMP would take place in that battle-zone until server reset the next day, when a new zone would be chosen. All players in the old zone would be ported into the new zone immediately, and their fight would resume, just in a new area.

Some might think this isn't technically feasible, but as we saw with Skirmishes, Turbine most certainly can reuse landscape and interior areas for instanced content, so I see no reason why they could not copy select landscape zone maps for PvMP. By choosing one zone per day for PvMP, there would be constant variety in fight areas, while keeping all PvMP players together, so the PvP community isn't broken up over multiple zones.