LOTROCommunity

Chalk one up for the little guy!

Elderban

Sure they did. They always intended the IC to be a part of the RoR purchase from the web store, but decided that stirring up the hornet's nest would give the game all kinds of publicity. And in the end, when they finally 'relented' and 'put the IC back in the expansion purchase', they could make it look like they were giving players a better deal, when in fact the deal is really no different than it was prior to the announcement that the IC would not be in the purchase. Oh, sure, you get some TP too, but that has zero monetary value by Turbine's own admission.

They acted like jerks, and now try to come off as "good guys", when in fact it is all just manipulation. this was all planned well in advance, I am quite sure.

I think you're giving Turbine too much credit. It really seems like, with this company, the left hand often has no clue what the right hand is doing.

As someone pointed out in the Rowan Q&A thread, it's less than 3 months out from release, and they are still "experimenting" with features. There is obviously still testing to do, a closed beta period to complete, and an open beta period to offer. With such tight time frames, it's really not surprising that content is buggy and the list of undocumented features often outnumbers the list of documented ones. I feel much the same way as the poster - that, by this point, they should know **exactly** what is in the release, and that information should be clearly communicated to the people who are being enticed into purchasing their product.

Edit to add: in summarizing that post, I lost my main point, which is that, if Turbine cannot properly plan and execute an expansion, do you really think they are capable of planning and executing a PR stunt?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of buying RoR Legendary now (has 6th bag, 1000TP and crystal of remembrance more than RoI but costs about £12 more). Then I realised that with Sap being the only one to announce it, and on the forums, they may have the wiggle room to say 'oops, no sorry we didn't mean that', screwing over anyone who bought it because of this new change.

I'll wait till they have it on the Store page before I think of buying now. I don't trust them, especially after claiming that their FAQ doesn't count as product information. Forums must count for even less.

I'm doing the exact same thing, I trust Turbine even less (if that was possible) than I did before all this. What Sapience says on the forums carries as much weight as what the drunk on the street corner says.

When I see Official documentation and it also appears verbatim on the order page at Digital River I might consider ordering Rohan the day before release...

One other thing to keep in mind over all this (UnlikelyBeing pointed this out on the forums)is that the marketing dept at Turbine still gets to laugh last. They took away Instances that would have normally been free to VIPs when they get released with a content update and made everyone pay the pre-order cost for Rohan to get them...

I'm doing the exact same thing, I trust Turbine even less (if that was possible) than I did before all this. What Sapience says on the forums carries as much weight as what the drunk on the street corner says.

When I see Official documentation and it also appears verbatim on the order page at Digital River I might consider ordering Rohan the day before release...

One other thing to keep in mind over all this (UnlikelyBeing pointed this out on the forums)is that the marketing dept at Turbine still gets to laugh last. They took away Instances that would have normally been free to VIPs when they get released with a content update and made everyone pay the pre-order cost for Rohan to get them...

I'm waiting till I've actually been admitted into beta(doubt it's that likely) on Bullroarer to decide. Other things to spend money on on the horizon, so will have to be absolutely sure.

Rofl!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?464108-A-word-about-the-Riders-of-Rohan-Pre-Purchase-packs.&p=6232894#post6232894

I got both negative and positive rep for this. Thankfully, 4 positive reps far outweighed the negative, which said it was derogative and inflammatory.

Should I appeal it with Celestrata? ;)

Inn of the Forsaken, Halls of Night, and In Their Absence were free-for-vip instances not otherwise part of a quest pack.

But they were in regions where that region was included in VIP.

Sure they did. They always intended the IC to be a part of the RoR purchase from the web store, but decided that stirring up the hornet's nest would give the game all kinds of publicity. And in the end, when they finally 'relented' and 'put the IC back in the expansion purchase', they could make it look like they were giving players a better deal, when in fact the deal is really no different than it was prior to the announcement that the IC would not be in the purchase. Oh, sure, you get some TP too, but that has zero monetary value by Turbine's own admission.

They acted like jerks, and now try to come off as "good guys", when in fact it is all just manipulation. this was all planned well in advance, I am quite sure.

They are far too stupid for this. Instead, I think they realized their cohonies were in a vice and that, after getting some legal advice, they would in fact be liable for refunds or worse, a lawsuit for bait-and-switch fraud.

Since they were even being called out for their insane pricing on Massively and other sites, they realized they probably pushed it too far. I'm more inclined to believe certain bonuses for missing quarter revenue targets were at stake with the potential of so many refunds so that is why they did what they did.

What's amazing is the pricing is still a bunch of total crap even with the TPs and instance cluster. Let's start with this, if you pre-purchase Legendary Edition how many instaces come in the IC itself? Is there a raid or not? Will this require a separate fee? Again vague and ambiguous. Turbine is the biggest PoS company in the MMO space and this doesn't change that.

They had ever intention of charging everyone for the IC, that is a sure bet with how they corrected it. They are scums and deserve all the ill-will they get. Still can't believe people are saying they made it right. You are getting the same thing as last year's expansion still at a much higher price.

Fair enough, but that wasn't quite realistic in the first place. We never had VIP status enable just a bunch of instances or raids (only whole regions).

I'm not entirely sure of your meaning here (I'm extremely tired). Do you mean we've never had free instances given to VIPs? As far as I can remember, anything not tied to an expansion has been included with VIP.

Rofl!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?464108-A-word-about-the-Riders-of-Rohan-Pre-Purchase-packs.&p=6232894#post6232894

I got both negative and positive rep for this. Thankfully, 4 positive reps far outweighed the negative, which said it was derogative and inflammatory.

Should I appeal it with Celestrata? ;)

Make it one more positive, at least you weren't given an infraction. I got one for this;

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?6232971-Instance-Cluster-will-be-included-with-Rohan-purchase....but&p=6232971#post6232971

http://imageshack.us/g/580/rorfaq.png/

http://imageshack.us/g/827/bbbresponse2.png/

I've taken the liberty of posting all the screenshot evidence I have acquired ( thanks to all of your help :) ) and uploaded it to my imageshack account. If anyone has anything else to add, please let me know, and feel free to share your comments on the image page. The BBB will be receiving these links as evidence of Turbine's lies.

Edit: And ignore the fact I forgot to crop out my second monitor playing Reno 911 off Netflix on one picture. :F

Make it one more positive, at least you weren't given an infraction. I got one for this;

At least you only got an infraction, I got a "forum software bug" that nobody is willing to take responsibility for.

http://i.imgur.com/TRkO8.png

According to those I managed to contact with my older forum subscription (from open-beta), I'm not banned, I just can't start threads, reply to threads, or send private messages. Oh, and since I've made this my primary forum name, I risk an account ban if I start using my unbugged forum name to post on the forums.

It's so nice to see Turbine standing up and doing the right thing for their customers... nopompom.gif

Stavro,

That is the message when they "move" delete a thread (or a post?). You try to go to it and get this wierd message because they made it only visible to Turbine staff in their private area (all so they can say "we did not delete it nah nah nah nah).

Sorry to hear the other things about you unable to post now. Nice work on the forums the last few days - I think about 10 players posting played a huge role in all this.

- Cindir

But they were in regions where that region was included in VIP.

False. They were not included in ANY questpack region. I know because when they came out, I owned both Angmar and Lone Lands, (worst purchase I've ever made) but still need to buy these instances and 2 skirmishes that part of that update. Yes, that was all included in VIP. No, they were not part of any region.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?6232971-Instance-Cluster-will-be-included-with-Rohan-purchase....but&p=6232971#post6232971

That's ridiculous. Wasn't anything offensive or rude. I'd challenge Celestrata on it. Prolly the Sap that gave the infraction.

False. They were not included in ANY questpack region. I know because when they came out, I owned both Angmar and Lone Lands, (worst purchase I've ever made) but still need to buy these instances and 2 skirmishes that part of that update. Yes, that was all included in VIP. No, they were not part of any region.

You still fail to read what I said.

I said these instances are included in VIP.

I know very well that they are not included in the quest packs because I was missing them after I gave up on VIP and discovered that buying the questpack for a region only sometimes includes the instances in there.

That is the message when they "move" delete a thread (or a post?). You try to go to it and get this wierd message because they made it only visible to Turbine staff in their private area (all so they can say "we did not delete it nah nah nah nah).
I've seen the error before, but this is happening everywhere, even when trying to send a PM or reply to the official thread.

The forum dev says that I was put into "unsubscribed" status (essentially the same permissions as someone with no forum account), so I'm not actually banned, just under all the same restrictions as someone who is.

... so I'm not actually banned, just under all the same restrictions as someone who is.

I'm thinking of getting some shirts made: 'Turbine doesn't ban, they just stop you from posting'. We can have different colours for each method such as blue for 'moderation' and red for 'bugged'!