LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Ilyana

Turbine ate my hamster

In this thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?465389-Rohan-really-is-twice-as-big-as-Moria! someone says they have seen a leaked map of Rohan on Twitter. Has anyone seen this map and got a link?

In this thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?465389-Rohan-really-is-twice-as-big-as-Moria! someone says they have seen a leaked map of Rohan on Twitter. Has anyone seen this map and got a link?

No idea.

Google it?

The Argonath! Treebeard's Hill, Amon Hen! Amon Llaw! Yaaaaayyyyyyyy... :-)

I hope they do the Argonath right, not with the ridiculous huge size and unsupported outstretched arm like in the film.

Strange shape. That big chunk missing from the north end of the map seems like it should really be a part of it, especially since they've got location names there. And in the video, Sutcrofts is shown but it seems to be on the wrong side of the river on this map.

Do we know who/what leaked it?

Turbine released the Beta-Client.

That big chunk missing from the north end of the map...

I would assume is the bit we've just been in. Of course, A) logic & Turbine don't go together and B ) where the fuck do the Brown Lands come into things, but hey! The Lore is not important any more, so what do such things as that matter? :F

Mix: Great River + Rohan

Thanks for this. I think the gap in the north is just something they haven't finished yet, but we'll find out later won't we.

If you are really cynical (realist) you might think the gap in the north is for a future update, like the Great River, so they can get more money from the non VIPs

If you are really cynical (realist) you might think the gap in the north is for a future update, like the Great River, so they can get more money from the non VIPs

Great, now I feel bad for thinking that exact thing... Shall we place gentlemanly wagers upon the outcome of North Gap?! I place £1 that the gap will be a later addition to sell to non VIPs AND that it will contain the instance cluster.

Mix: Great River + Rohan

mix.png

Humm, I wonder which map they are basing this on?

Maybe I should take a look in the Atlas of Middle-earth book that Karen Wynn Fonstad did.

Great, now I feel bad for thinking that exact thing... Shall we place gentlemanly wagers upon the outcome of North Gap?! I place £1 that the gap will be a later addition to sell to non VIPs AND that it will contain the instance cluster.

Probability levels are high.

Thanks for the map Agra!

It looks like Turbine have deleted the thread I linked to in the first post. Does anyone have a copy of the outline map that was in that thread. It was useful because it compared the size of Moria to Rohan. If you have a copy, please post in this thread

Turbine released the Beta-Client.

You mean, someone working at Turbine leaked it on Twitter by mistake?

Or that beta has started and someone got it from Bullroarer's(presumably, I'd not think they'd have the beta elsewhere) client files?

You mean, someone working at Turbine leaked it on Twitter by mistake?

I mean: Someone leaked it on Twitter during E3, some days before beta started an you could download the client and you could extract the dat-files by yourself.

That's a hefty chunk to cut out. It also appears that the Sutcrofts, an area they advertise as being part of this expansion, is currently outside the bounds of this map. I may be wrong but this doesn't appear to be the finished region, though it does provide a good idea of what to expect. As I said before, we'll find out later. I won't be surprised if I'm wrong though.

P.S. I love seeing the words cynical and cynicism used properly.

I mean: Someone leaked it on Twitter during E3, some days before beta started an you could download the client and you could extract the dat-files by yourself.

Oh man, that's baaaaaaad. Come on, Turbine, pick the ball up and prevent these leaks from happening.

That's a hefty chunk to cut out. It also appears that the Sutcrofts, an area they advertise as being part of this expansion, is currently outside the bounds of this map. I may be wrong but this doesn't appear to be the finished region, though it does provide a good idea of what to expect. As I said before, we'll find out later. I won't be surprised if I'm wrong though.

P.S. I love seeing the words cynical and cynicism used properly.

I'm guessing now, but the placing of the words on the map are probably not correct, given Turbine's track record of screwing things up! ;)

I'm guessing now, but the placing of the words on the map are probably not correct, given Turbine's track record of screwing things up! ;)

It's not just name but also a red dot that would seem to indicate the location of a town.

Oh man, that's baaaaaaad. Come on, Turbine, pick the ball up and prevent these leaks from happening.

"Leak" or "Guerilla Marketing"?

Perhaps it was someone from Palantir that leaked it

I dunno about you, but if I ever got in that programme, I'd never leak a thing.

Supposedly, they'll ban your live account for NDA leaks. I wouldn't want that risk, if I was in that position.