LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Ilyana

Turbine ate my hamster

I dunno about you, but if I ever got in that programme, I'd never leak a thing.

Supposedly, they'll ban your live account for NDA leaks. I wouldn't want that risk, if I was in that position.

Would be hard to find out who posted it especially if they got a friend or relative to post it on their Twitter account. At best they could narrow it down to which version of the build it came from and who was involved in testing it but that is about it

Dont know about you but if they offered me a chance to take part I would turn it down as I dont want to work for Turbine for nothing.

Would be hard to find out who posted it especially if they got a friend or relative to post it on their Twitter account. At best they could narrow it down to which version of the build it came from and who was involved in testing it but that is about it

Dont know about you but if they offered me a chance to take part I would turn it down as I dont want to work for Turbine for nothing.

Just get an infraction, problem sorted ;)

Here is the comparison chart that the guy in the original deleted thread made (I found it in my browser cache)

Moria is in blue overlaid on Rohan in red. The guy apparently got them to the same scale by comparing the game tiles (shown in the rohan map)

rohanvsmoria.png

All right.

Let's hope horse combat doesn't suck and we might get somewhere. Too bad I'll be banned by then, most likely.

landmass looks big I'll give them that if the moria overlay is correct, still however it will probably be huge field after huge field, a better comparison for size imo would be overlay of north downs or breeland.

however is the map is acurate the eves of fangorn does look to be a nice size, about the only area I am looking forward to seeing.

They say Rohan will be twice as big as Moria. The more naive will think 'oh cool, I liked Moria and it was their biggest expansion yet' because they will also assume content in that size, not just emptiness. The defenders then have some ground to fight from with that. With mounted combat, though, the size won't matter, since the horses are apparently super fast, meaning what looks like a lot of landmass will become tiny by using the main focus of this expansion. As one poster said, 'Twice the size of Moria, half the content'.

With mounted combat, though, the size won't matter, since the horses are apparently super fast, meaning what looks like a lot of landmass will become tiny by using the main focus of this expansion.

The speed of the mounts is going to be a very important point. In Moria, it's nearly impossible (or atleast it was, I haven't been there since the revamp) to go anywhere mounted. And what people who don't have a goat yet? Well, they'll just have to walk. That won't happen this time since everyone get a warhorse for free. There is one important point you missed: straight lines. In an open field, there's nothing to stop you from traveling along a straight line. In Moria, the only straight lines are part of the architecture.

Don't forget, when RoI was being advertised it was "...bigger than Moria." With each new expansion there is going to be comparison to Moria. If this new expansion is really that good they wouldn't need to throw out a red herring, Riders of Rohan should be able to stand on it's own.

You know what I find interesting - that some folks seem to be employing a bit of selective memory regarding the size of Moria. As you know, Moria was using 'new tech' available to the devs for the first time, which allowed them to build multi-levelled areas. This, to loosely summarise, enabled their world builders to create an 'upstairs' and a 'downstairs' to each zone.

You know what else is "twice the size of Moria?"

Moria.

You know what I find interesting - that some folks seem to be employing a bit of selective memory regarding the size of Moria. As you know, Moria was using 'new tech' available to the devs for the first time, which allowed them to build multi-levelled areas. This, in to loosely summarise, enabled their world builders to create an 'upstairs' and a 'downstairs' to each zone.

You know what else is "twice the size of Moria?"

Moria.

Very true. Moria wasn't just about flat landmass, it was mostly loads of layers. I did smile when they said 'new tech', as if multi level stuff has never happened before in-game. I was actually expecting it to be truly multi-level, with foundations of stone far below nud-melek, so if you did jump into the chasm, you'd end up in the foundations, instead of it just being a little lower and to the south of it instead.

Heh. I looked at Agra's cut together map and read "The Wold" as "The Void"! ;)