LOTROCommunity
cossieuk

First look at Mounted Combat

You need to understand Doro has the attention span of a 5 year old in a toy supermarket :) I agree however p&p blows most computer games away storyline wise if done correctly.

Wait, what? I got distracted by this:

They're busy with it for a while. I'm waiting for this as well. ;)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project

I want it so bad!!!

The mounted combat video showed very little information and raised far more questions that it answered, which I believe was Turbine's intention.

With approximately 70 days left to sell RoR they are hardly going to give out information at this point that could potentially put players off buying the expansion.

The mounted combat video showed very little information and raised far more questions that it answered, which I believe was Turbine's intention.

With approximately 70 days left to sell RoR they are hardly going to give out information at this point that could potentially put players off buying the expansion.

Like I said, I'm operating on a play-before-buying policy with this. If I'm getting into beta and I like it enough, I'll buy it. But that's basically what it depends on atm.

Otherwise, I have far better things to spend my money on, especially with Rocksmith coming out in October.

The only way Turbine can sell me this expansion before release is if I can try the mounted combat mechanism on Bullroarer.

I vomitted. I mean I literally threw up in my mouth.

I couldn't bring myself to watch too much of it. Once the girl started singing, I had to actually go forward.

Ugh.

Rocksmith is different ;)

I'll be utilizing my 3(well, will be 4 when I finish my Strat self-build)guitars far more than I am doing currently.

And no plastic fantastic controllers like Rock Band and Guitar Hero ;)

A proper game you learn from ;)

I liked the video. *O* Aaron is clearly a genius, and I thought Sapience did a nice job.

I actually prefer these guys because they are more real. I'm comparing them mentally to the slick, smooth-talking dorks from Bethesda that constituted the TES E3 coverage. I didn't trust them. I'd rather watch the Turbine guys any day.

You'd think that with all the effort and ingenuity they (supposedly) poured into making mounted combat a (supposedly) awesome experience, they'd be keen and proud to actually show it off as much as possible so close to release.

I liked the video. *O* Aaron is clearly a genius, and I thought Sapience did a nice job.

I actually prefer these guys because they are more real. I'm comparing them mentally to the slick, smooth-talking dorks from Bethesda that constituted the TES E3 coverage. I didn't trust them. I'd rather watch the Turbine guys any day.

Oh dear SilverAngel, you seem to have accidentally stumbled into the IHateSapience forums by mistake ;)

Having come back from the dentist after getting a tooth out, I am trying to work out which is more painful, the extraction or watching Sapience do an interview :P

Oh dear SilverAngel, you seem to have accidentally stumbled into the IHateSapience forums by mistake ;)

I don't hate Sapience, I just think he's grossly incompetent. I don't like being talked to like a 3 year old and in the interview he starts with the 'come closer guys but don't tell anyone what you see' in a public interview he sounds like Barney the purple dragon talking to pre-schoolers.

How about an intelligent, fact filled interview covering details and various aspects of a new combat system? Not 'oh look he ran over a goblin'...

Please...

What you saw was a has been, Q-zoo, jock, people are in the radio business for a reason, you know ;)

What caught my attention was the "there will be roving wargpacks just like the moors" comment. Why was this brought up? Its already been stated numerous times that the PvP community is a very small minority. It shouldn't be a selling point. Could it be that its a ruse to get PvPers to buy RoR? "Mounted combat will never be available in the moors." <wink wink> Or do they actually plan on allowing mounted combat in the moors at some point in the future? For a price, of course.

Very few people here "hate" him, I would say. He just has the unfortunate task of being the voice of a company that's growing more and more out of touch with its customers. Something I can absolutely relate to.

;)

I don't think anyone here hates him (alright, Doro, mebbe... ;)). Very many of us simply treat him with the contempt he deserves. Which he deserves, largely, because he too often behaves contemptibly.

I don't think anyone here hates him (alright, Doro, mebbe... ;)). Very many of us simply treat him with the contempt he deserves. Which he deserves, largely, because he too often behaves contemptibly.

Hey, I don't hate Sap! I've actually had very little (if any) contact with him. I dislike what he does but I don't hate him... though I am starting to move from dislike to hate with Celestrata. He's STILL got me on this damn moderation review, which means I can't have any discussions on the forums with people, let alone make a post that one will ever read.

though I am starting to move from dislike to hate with Celestrata.

There, see? I thought Angry Kid was going soft for a moment. And you wonder why I keep picking on you... ;)

There, see? I thought Angry Kid was going soft for a moment. And you wonder why I keep picking on you... ;)

Bah, what do you expect me to feel?! I'm being intentionally and unfairly gagged and I can't do anything about it. Resentment is bound to accumulate. I hate not being unable to do something because of petty 'officialdom'.

Having come back from the dentist after getting a tooth out, I am trying to work out which is more painful, the extraction or watching Sapience do an interview :P

I find codiene and valium help take the edge of his interviews. Paracetamol usually suffices for dental pain :P

Actually, watching the way the two of them are positioned is making my sore shoulder ache from sympathy. Why not face the camera and just turn to the monitor when it's called for?

Resentment is bound to accumulate.

That's what Turbine wants, though. They want you to become resentful, to lash out, and ultimately to 'vindicate' Turbine for moderating you. Don't give them the satisfaction. Remain polite and respectful, even when making legitimate criticisms of Turbine, and their moderation makes them look worse and worse the longer it continues.