LOTROCommunity
Darmokk

Barter wallet losing items

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?466566-All-account-shared-barter-items-vanished-from-the-wallet

Three people at least losing the contents of the barter wallet in the same timeframe.

I thought the thread was already closed but apparently not (now). Let's see this one goes.

The worst part is this appear to be worse for players who bought the wallet upgrade because the bug affects account shared items in the wallet.

Add this to the list of BS! Ugh, feel sorry for people losing that stuff...what other reason do people have to play these games than the rewards, and then to lose them. And everyone knows damn well Turbine has records of every bit of that information.

Ah, to be vindicated at last. I hadn't bought the "upgrade," so I shouldn't be affected.

I can name a few who had 2mil destiny points and suddenly have 50k.

I would insta-quit game if something that happened to me and if Turbine would not quick fix it for me.

If I would still be playing Lotro that is.

I would insta-quit game if something that happened to me and if Turbine would not quick fix it for me.

If I would still be playing Lotro that is.

On the other hand, those of us who are still playing LOTRO because we enjoy it would be more likely to spend time getting the issue sorted out.

I've had items lost in a similar manner. Turbine's policy for non-inventory items is "no refunds, no replacements". I appealed to the senior GMs, the forum staff, and telephone support. Nobody agreed to help me at all, other than to say "file a bug report".

Since the GMs have already refused to refund the wallet contents for those encountering this bug, despite acknowledging that a bug caused the loss, I highly doubt it'll be sorted out an any acceptable manner.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some software/staff cutoff point where, if you pass a certain amount of goodies (destiny points, marks) accumulated, you get flagged for "wipe it, he'll miss them so much he'll go heavy on the store to recover them".

While I don't own a tin foil hat, Time-Warner And Turbine have sunk to the same level as politicians have, in my eyes. I put nothing past them anymore.

On the other hand, those of us who are still playing LOTRO because we enjoy it would be more likely to spend time getting the issue sorted out.

and what happens if it doesn't get sorted out? Will you still play the game? Does ME matter so much to you that you'll take whatever they give you and be happy?

Went into each server (stupidly bought the premier wallet when it first came out) and screenshotted each wallet. dunno if that will help if I end up losing everything, but better safe than sorry...

and what happens if it doesn't get sorted out? Will you still play the game? Does ME matter so much to you that you'll take whatever they give you and be happy?

Well, almost. :-) Bugs, lag, Store, grind... none of these have greatly affected my enjoyment so far. If anything finally turns me away from LOTRO it will be something really immersion-breaking like the recent mannequins. Something that clearly says, "This is no longer Middle Earth!"

I think, there is some misunderstanding about the premium wallet. The premium wallet just allows more different items to go into the wallet. But it don't change the bindings of items. Character bound items stay character bound.

I don't have the premium wallet, but marks, medallions and seals are all in the wallet and green. So i think all players could be affected, not only those, who bought the premium wallet.

I think, there is some misunderstanding about the premium wallet. The premium wallet just allows more different items to go into the wallet. But it don't change the bindings of items. Character bound items stay character bound.

I don't have the premium wallet, but marks, medallions and seals are all in the wallet and green. So i think all players could be affected, not only those, who bought the premium wallet.

True as far as you say. Wouldn't it be great if Turbine told us what's going on? Then we'd know.