LOTROCommunity

Update 3 Coming Soon.

Thorebane

The marks was like expected, drops are way too low.

Drops too low ?

Right, I've been grinding SG for friend's alt's they're leveling.

in the last week we've done nearly 20 SG run's if not more now and we've had atleast 25 symbol's drop.

All of us now have from all SG's ever done now coming up to 35-40 symbol's they're that frequent

Drops too low ?

Right, I've been grinding SG for friend's alt's they're leveling.

in the last week we've done nearly 20 SG run's if not more now and we've had atleast 25 symbol's drop.

All of us now have from all SG's ever done now coming up to 35-40 symbol's they're that frequent

I meant the bartermedaillons in the raid ofcourse.

Not coming that soon for the EU players since we are not likely to get it before the transfer to Turbine

Nope although Sapiences post tonight seems to indicate we may get it on relaunch:

You will NOT need to download a new client or reinstall. When the servers come back online all you will need to do is launch your existing client and it will patch up to the most current version and connect to the Global Service.

Sounds a bit iffy to me - everybody downloading next patch, creating new accounts etc...

The problem for the former CM players is not the different client, I have already dl the Turbine client, no big deal there.

You didn't need to download the Turbine client. You can just update your EU client :)

Source: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/462783-transition-questions-queries-58.html#post7060061

btw, got an email last night with the following link

New in the Lotro Store:

More Slots! - Two new Cosmetic Outfits slots are available up to a total of five slots

Reset your Skirmish Marks! - Using this scroll will refund all skirmish marks you have spent on skirmish traits.

Get more Criticals at the relic forge! - The Scroll of Combination increases your 'Critical Success' chance to 25% while combining relics at the relic forge.

7(8)7

btw, got an email last night with the following link

"Plus, a host of new items in the LOTRO store will grant you the necessities you need to defend the good folk of Middle-earth."

So, it's not just conveniences anymore. Now it's necessities. Makes me wonder what's coming down the pike. At least their honesty is improving.

We knew it would come to this. The start was gradually, but now they are introducing more and more things that are necessay to play the game.

The best example is ofcourse the scroll that gives you back you relics before you deconstruct a LI. Ridiculous that you can only buy it in the store, but the perfect milkcow.

It is totally against what was said, but totally what we (pessimists and realistics) expected. Stat tomes were the "soft" blow that paved way to this atrocity.

Guess I can't blame them for making a buck, but promises... why make them when everyone and their hamster knows these promises won't be kept?

but now they are introducing more and more things that are necessay to play the game.

The best example is ofcourse the scroll that gives you back you relics before you deconstruct a LI. Ridiculous that you can only buy it in the store, but the perfect milkcow.

just for my understanding ... what kind of stuff is being sold that is necessary to play the game? I don't like the 'scroll of removal' as well ... but I've got so many relics that I absolutely have no need for such a scroll (and I am an average player ... max 10 to 15 hrs a week ... but I played some instances in the last weeks ... in those you get loads and loads of relics ...)

I still see no items I really need to play the game. What kind of items do you mean?

• Upvote 1

Get more Criticals at the relic forge! - The Scroll of Combination increases your 'Critical Success' chance to 25% while combining relics at the relic forge.

Creating "content" and then making a store item to bypass that "content" ftl.

I regret giving money to them if this is the crap they come up with.

• Upvote 1

sorry to ask again (I am still waiting to get an answer on my first question, but ...).

A game needs money to run. If content is created and being played by you ... and others pay money to simply 'get' the content ... why are you upset? the buyers finance your game, so that you will get more content you can play.

I would agree if we would talk about a pvp-game in which your opponents would be able to 'buy themselves better'.

but in this case?

• Upvote 1

I just don't like being presented with unfun and grindy content (relic grind) and then being shown a carrot that makes that go away if I pay more than I already do.

But yeah, it's still not quite "pay to win", it's just something that crossed the line of my personal comfort zone. The store doesn't really bother me that much when I'm playing LotRO, but now after spending time in a game with a classic subcsription model (Rift) I'm really starting to prefer a game where the sub gets you everything there is.

I also don't mind them selling this sort of stuff, since it's mostly PvE, and still most of it is just lowering grind; Only the stat-tomes aren't really acquirable ingame, the rest is just decreasing grinds; If people want to pay for that, no problem, that means more money for Turbine, thus more money for content design :)

Lhasbelin, thanks for the explanation. That's understandable.

I think this is more or less a feeling which is based on the individual point of view about a game. I am personally not interested if somebody is faster or better than myself. And as I do not need to buy stuff from the shop (paid updates as an exception) I am not really interested what they sell.

Fortunately everybody I play together with, sees it the exact same way.

But I agree ... a subscription based model makes it easier: Everybody has the same experience ... the only limiting value is the time.

And a second but ... it seems as if the hybrid models Turbine are working with are that successful that we will probably see comparable systems for most games in the future ...

What makes me play a game is the world, preferably with a strong, well known IP behind it, and a feeling of progression.

Lotro used to be exactly that, a familiar and loved world to explore and advance your character(s). Alas, with only 1 new area per year the exploration part has diminished, any progression is halted because of the poor itemization, and that lives only sideways advancement or more titles and mounts which involve grinding the same content again and again.

This update offers nothing to me to start playing with my end level characters, I'm afraid...

If I have time and not anything better to do I play low level characters to enjoy the world and the scenery. I get store stuff that would have been in game features before f2p, such as more milestones (who needs hunters anymore?), storage, accelerators for skirmish marks, crafting, etc. And that's it I'm afraid.

The good part is that we will probably see Mordor, the bad part is that some of us will just see it once and then go back to GW2, SWTOR or any other game that will come out in the near future :(

• Upvote 1

yup.

you know... I just had a thought, I (don't) wait for the day when the crafting scrolls for more % crit chance are being removed from the crafting panel and are also being sold in the store. Could happen, could not. But who knows. With the ideas they already came up with, I truly think everything is possible by now.

But I agree ... a subscription based model makes it easier: Everybody has the same experience ... the only limiting value is the time.

And a second but ... it seems as if the hybrid models Turbine are working with are that successful that we will probably see comparable systems for most games in the future ...

I think that's very true and will happen often from now on.