LOTROCommunity

Preferred Gear Setups

Formula:

incHeal(SELF) := 100 * incHealBaseValue(SELF) / (1190/3 * level(SELF) + incHealBaseValue(SELF))
Example:

incHealBaseValue(SELF) := 4500

level(SELF) := 65

incHeal(SELF) = 100 * 4500 / (1190/3 * 65 + 4500)

= 14.859658778205833791964777105118

~= 14.9

incHealCap-Formula:
incHealCap(SELF) := 70 * level(SELF) //that's 15%
Example:
level(SELF) := 65

incHealCap(SELF) = 70 * 65

= 4550

Bonus in "percentage points" are always added on top - in particular they are not capped. That's why Men race Bonus +5% incHeal (<- percentage point bonus) goes on top of it and Men can get 20% incHeal.

That's true for all values in Lotro.

That's why I'm so curious about Thorebane's screenshot, because I can't believe it.

• Upvote 2

They may have been tweaking the formulas a bit in anticipation of the Coming Soon™ level cap raise?

It would make sense. It might result in a small nerf and it's one less thing for people to notice (and bitch about) on release day.

• Upvote 2

I have 18.9% incoming healing at number 3,986

Hmm, can you post a screenshot of this one, too? I think it have to be 18.4% on 3,986. (with race Man)

With buffs I 100% get over 9.2 K morale, Offence at 10K or just under and all three major stat's maxed :)

You have Might capped unbuffed and 9k offense rating unbuffed. So you have 9,5k offense rating buffed - not 10k. I cannot stand people telling you shit all the way. We are not stupid, so please don't make a fool of yourself.

They may have been tweaking the formulas a bit in anticipation of the Coming Soon™ level cap raise?

It would make sense. It might result in a small nerf and it's one less thing for people to notice (and bitch about) on release day.

I don't think so, because the formulas are already dynamic and level is a factor. So there is no need to adjust anything here.

I think Thorebane is just a conman.

@Topic

5x BG + DN Devastate-Helmet, but 5x OD + DN Devastate-Helmet is my favorite for future.

• Upvote 1

I'll first focus on the DPS-build;

Goals

Maximum DPS output, this also means we will have aggro on adds, so having enough morale isn't a big problem ;)

Stats: Having might, agility and vitality at 600 (so with buffs 650)

Ratings: Having at least 15% crit rating, a little higher isn't a problem, since most mobs in instances are also above lvl

Having Melee offence at max %

Having as high as possible morale

Having a nice amount of melee defence

Looks good, except that "Stats@600" should not be a goal.

Pushing stats (might, agility, vita) may be an option (and in fact are) to achieve your goals, but they should not being itself a goal since having nice stats don't make damage etc.

Stats themselves are not useful. They are themselves good for nothing. But they are pushing the REALLY relevant values like offense rating, crit chance, morale, mitigations ...

So the last ones are "goal-candidates" but not the stats itself. This distinction is important due to the fact that the really relevant values can be pushed in several ways - not only by pushing stats.

i.e. When you can choose between two items and with one of them you achieve a higher critical chance with only 580 agility and with the other one a lower critical chance but 600 agility. You should choose the one that pushes the really relevant value - and that's not agility!

Greatest epic fail are the champions using the old 20/20/20 relicts. These are the people who don't understand what I am talking about here.

sure thing, photobucket is down for me atm but when it's back up I'll link a photo :D

Still down? You've time to downvote me with your two accounts but not linking the photo? Maybe you've realized that I am right?

• Upvote 1

You've not been offensive, Ferro, in my opinion. Just a little too... spiky? I've always (eventually!) found with the internet that it's a good idea to read what you want to post and think "If he said that to me..." Tends to take an awful lot of sting out, once you've revised things... ;)

NB: Antagonistic means that you are taking an opposing point of view. Offensive means you're calling the other party names. They often coincide, unfortunately. But they don't have to, if both sides understand & are willing to politely disagree.

Looks good, except that "Stats@600" should not be a goal.

Pushing stats (might, agility, vita) may be an option (and in fact are) to achieve your goals, but they should not being itself a goal since having nice stats don't make damage etc.

Stats themselves are not useful. They are themselves good for nothing. But they are pushing the REALLY relevant values like offense rating, crit chance, morale, mitigations ...

So the last ones are "goal-candidates" but not the stats itself. This distinction is important due to the fact that the really relevant values can be pushed in several ways - not only by pushing stats.

i.e. When you can choose between two items and with one of them you achieve a higher critical chance with only 580 agility and with the other one a lower critical chance but 600 agility. You should choose the one that pushes the really relevant value - and that's not agility!

Greatest epic fail are the champions using the old 20/20/20 relicts. These are the people who don't understand what I am talking about here.

As far as my preference goes, I'll run with a champion who does his best with the gear and stats he has, rather than one with superlative gear and/or stats and a lackadaisical performance. Being a showpiece that doesn't want to work with a group is, in my opinion, the "greatest epic fail."

As far as my preference goes, I'll run with a champion who does his best with the gear and stats he has, rather than one with superlative gear and/or stats and a lackadaisical performance. Being a showpiece that doesn't want to work with a group is, in my opinion, the "greatest epic fail."

100% agree, but that's not mutually exclusive

• Upvote 1

I would rather have a player who knows how to play his class, than a min/maxer. I think I've said that before.... ;)

I agree. But, great gear and stats doesn't hurt. :P

That being the case, I enjoy perusing threads that discuss these things.

You can have both good gear and someone who knows their class properly. In most cases, gear can be an indicator on whether they do or not. Ferro mentioned the example of the +20 stat relics. That player might be good enough at playing the champion, but there are many much better relics they could use than those ones. Whether its true or not, by using those relics they give the impression that they believe that maxing raw stats are all that matters.

While someone who's using melee offence/melee defence/incoming healing relics instead might not be as good as the first champion, they have relics that are more useful for their class, so give the impression that they at least know something about what type of gear they should use.

If you actually know the person, then you can make a proper judgement on how good they are, but if you don't, then gear is one of the few ways you can make an estimate. If you have two players, and one has gear more suited to a champions role than the other, there's more chance that that person is better at fulfilling that role. Even if they are of equal ability, the champion with the better gear will perform slightly better.

@Thorebane: If you have your screenshot, I would appreciate it very much if you could post it. If you are correct, then I can go get some incoming healing relics and see if its the same for me. If it is then I can come back and admit I was wrong. If you have gone away and found that you were wrong, then no one will hold it against you if you were to come and admit this. People (I would anyway) would think better of you if you can admit you were wrong if you are than if you argue a side then, when asked to provide the proof you claim to have, you give a bad excuse for not providing it there and then and just disappear.

• Upvote 1

I'd say there's no "best" setup. The negate/heal gear is good for soloing hard mobs/lots of mobs or if you're tanking mobs doing lots of small hits. However once they're hitting slower and harder, the negates and heals happen less often and are for a smaller amount of the total damage.

Other setups work better in other places. The full Watcher set is good if you're 5 yellow traited and you need to do a lot of AoE as Deathstorm lasts longer. Its also good in places where you take a lot of acid damage, Axe-handler set is also useful here as you can combine them for ~2800 more acid mitigation.

If you're taking fire damage, the Mirkwood or DN sets are better, BG or Lorien sets are good for shadow damage, BG for frost damage.

The BG set is useful for building extra pips, especially if you dual-wield. More pips means you can use your bigger attacks more often, so deal more damage.

You can build for both crit and offence. Theres a limit to how often you will crit, so you might as well increase the damage of the times you don't crit too. Offence also increases the damage you do when you do crit.

You can get a decent amount of morale without sacrificing other stats, and you never know when you might take damage, so having more when it doesn't damage anything else is only a good thing as far I as see.

Anyway, my point was that there's no one setup thats perfect for every situation. One is best for one situation, another is best in a different situation.

ScreenShot00106123123.jpg

I'm sorry I was long replying. Photobucket was down for me and then I've had a new computer which I've been trying to get the internet sorted out with so here is the picture.

The only thing I was wrong with was that it wasn't 18.9 it's 18.1 incoming healing percentage. So yes I'm sorry about that.

This is pretty much as much proof as I can give so if this doesn't make you believe something I'm sorry.

Thorebane - I don't know whether michael is also you, as Ferro implies, or an ally, or what. However, Ferro is trying to engage in reasonable debate with you, he has provided sound arguments for his point of view, and you still have not provided him with the screenshot he has asked for.

I am sure that continually minusing someone without good reason is not what the reputation system was intended for. He has been very mildly antagonistic; not so much so that he should be getting two minuses from the same two people in three consecutive posts. If you continue like that, you will give a bad impression of yourself, and you may draw the attention of the mods (& they have no reason to be as nice as Faya & co!), especially since MueR gave him a plus for one of those posts.

Give the man a counter-argument, and supporting evidence. Don't just disprespect him. That's not right.

Ahh just found this, I can honestly say I don't know this " michael " person.

And Yes I'm sorry if this debate got out of hand and I have now provided him with a screen shot so that is the best I can do with this time.

Sorry again.

I'm sorry I was long replying. Photobucket was down for me and then I've had a new computer which I've been trying to get the internet sorted out with so here is the picture.

The only thing I was wrong with was that it wasn't 18.9 it's 18.1 incoming healing percentage. So yes I'm sorry about that.

This is pretty much as much proof as I can give so if this doesn't make you believe something I'm sorry.

Weird, you must be bugged then :(. Just checked in-game, and with 4256 incoming healing, I have 19.2%. Edit: Wow, that sad face looks really angry.

screenshot00980.jpg

Weird, you must be bugged then :(. Just checked in-game, and with 4256 incoming healing, I have 19.2%. Edit: Wow, that sad face looks really angry.

screenshot00980.jpg

Hmm looks like it, just I've got 4 other champs the same in kin hmm ... I'll send a ticket :) see if GM's help :) and haha sad face XD