LOTROCommunity
MueR

Forum upgrade tomorrow

Since we've had a huge amount of spammers recently, I'll be upgrading the forum software tomorrow. This might mean the board will be down for up to an hour. Until that time, new registrations will be required to be hand-validated by me. To any legitimate user who wants to sign up, sorry for the inconvenience. To all spammers, die.

• Upvote 2

Spammers? Must be in other sections besides Lotro and GW2 that I regularly read?

Good luck with update!!

We're usually quite quick to kill it. Since I started this topic, there's been 15 new spam accounts ;)

Thank you, MueR. Like you, I hate to see those ad spammers sully what is otherwise a nice board.

This is completely unacceptable. Being told the day before an upgrade that the forums will be down isn't enough time. It's as if Muer doesn't care about his 'customers'. I took a day off work just to go on the forums and now I find they'll be down for maybe a whole hour.

Seriously, this isn't professional!!!

This is completely unacceptable. Being told the day before an upgrade that the forums will be down isn't enough time. It's as if Muer doesn't care about his 'customers'. I took a day off work just to go on the forums and now I find they'll be down for maybe a whole hour.

Can I haz yer stuff wen u QQ? _O-

You have received an infraction. This IS completely acceptable. Trolling will not be accepted unless you troll someone who is against acceptability.

I took a day off work just to go on the forums and now I find they'll be down for maybe a whole hour.

I really doubt it'll take that long. After all, how long could it take to slap a "beta" badge on the logo and set up a script to hand out random 404s errors and infractions?

Welcome back :)

Sadly, avatars got a bit broken,you'll have to re-upload those.

But but ... but

it broke animated gif avatars!

Apparently that was a new setting they introduced. Enabled again :)

Nah this is all broken.

My avatar is still there in my profile but not in my posts.

When trying to re-upload it it only offers to upload from a URL, not from a local file. But even the from-URL option is broken saying that the maximum size is 0 KB.

New forum looks good, BTW.

Still looking for my old one on a backup, but, in the meantime, the new one I uploaded works well. Thanks again.

Upload from file was active now and worked.

Thanks!

Testing my own new avatar...the book and pen stuff is great, but it's time to trot out something new.

;)