LOTROCommunity
The MMO Troll

You know how I know Turbine is failing?

I think Sapience was off or busy for a few days - but HE'S BACK!

Tons of threads were moved and deleted yesterday. It was massive damage control to prevent it looking like a lot of people had launcher problems. BTW, looks like Turbine is still not giving VIPs their 500 TPs.

He was talking about the kinship revamp possibly being done late next year.. so he's at least talking about the future. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's there.

He was talking about the kinship revamp possibly being done late next year.. so he's at least talking about the future. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's there.

Yyyyeah..... then again you had him talking about the new PvMP area for RoI, which got pulled, and a thread recently "discussed" that (guy asking about new pvp area for HD, few back and forths, and walls of heydt) .. Sapience chimed in there saying "it was mentioned as in the works, not promised. If it's not explicitly said to be planned for a specific date it's not really something promised" kind of reply-set.

So... Betcha if someone takes the time to catalogue the promised then not promised then maybe then soon™ then not in your wildest dreams then ................

They are failing because (reason #87):

Forums are down - and no mention on FB or twitter about why, PLUS they are still having major login issues, AND they refuse to put on the forums, in a sticky, the workaround that they are posting on twitter. Why not tell people, clearly on the forums, how to fix the problem?

Forum mod FAIL.

I can't get in the game at all. Says it can't find my account details. Forums are down too - which all smells like login server issues to me.

Only word on FB (about 15 hours ago) is there were login issues but they are now all solved.

Remember, Codemasters were also talking about the future, about how they will be running LotRO for years to come... just before they announced the take over by Turbine.

Remember, Codemasters were also talking about the future, about how they will be running LotRO for years to come... just before they announced the take over by Turbine.

Yeah.. I'm not trying to say it means anything.. just pointing out that there's someone mentioning the long term future as blue names have been silent for a bit.

What kind of MMO is just abandoned like that? People can't play, and the forums are down - and no comment from the company? This is about as bad as you can get for an MMO. No twitter comment, no working forum, no facebook comment in 20 hours.

Turbine, did you just give up? What is happening?

I don't have an account, but someone needs to send a tweet to Sapience to tell him to wake up and that the forums are down, and ask him to tweet or post on FB. How can they all be MIA?

EDIT: and now FB has an update.

Well.. it is the weekend.. I wouldn't want to work every day of the week infinitely.. so it doesn't necessarily need to be Sapience.. but someone should be watching for issues.

EDIT: and now FB has an update.

Where?

Can you link the fulltext for the post?

I see one for yesterday's morning's login issues which got resolved, nothing for the 12+hr Forum outage that started sometime yesterday evening.

I think I made a mistake. There is nothing today. I don't use Facebook myself, and so I think I saw older posts and thought it was today.

Don't you guys find it weird there is total silence from Turbine? On Facebook - Lotro looks like the game that a lot of people cannot play (login issues). Do they even care about PR?

I can see the forums are down but wasn't aware people were having log in issues as well, I've been able to log in and get on ok on Snowbourn.

I got some actual info!

"Sure Lisa. We had an issue with the servers associated with the trial site (new player sign up) nd had to take it off line. Part of the server pool for that also controls the forums. So they went down when we took the other down."

Sap said he was out with family and unable to post - fair enough but as we have so much technical bother it should not just be down to him. Surely someone else in the whole of Turbine knows how to use FB?

LOTRO seems to be running fine, I'm just doing Balewood quests. And no-one liked that forum anyway, did they? ;-)

My alt account can log in just fine, but gets a "connection to the server has been lost" error about 60 to 90 seconds after the character loads. And my main account keeps getting rejected as an invalid username/password (a problem that was "resolved" yesterday), and continues even after resetting my password.

Yes, I have no idea how many people are having problems and how many are Ok. But it seems like a lot still have launcher issues - not a good time for Turbine to suddenly take down the forums, and for about 20 hours be absent from twitter and facebook. People were saying they were cancelling their subs on Facebook because they could not play now.

And the forums are down again:

"The The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums database has encountered a problem."

I can't believe how angry I used to get at Turbine CM's and disappointed with LOTRO I was.

I'm a lifer. I never spent a dime after my $199 purchase. I quit posting to the LOTRO forums when they refused to let me post the address of this site.

Turbine has lost the goodwill of so many players, it's rather absurd really. Everything they do is short term in nature and they deserve all the crap they have to shovel on their forums.

I used my horded points to buy the ROR expansion. I first went to the great river area to level before seeing rohan. I quit before ever seeing Rohan. I just didn't care anymore. If they manage to add the white city and do it justice I'll probably return to see what it's like.

They totally botched this IP from the beginning in my opinion. I only played the game because of the IP. And they obviously overestimated the draw of the IP and underestimated the need to make a great MMO. The launch should have skipped angmar and the north. It should have included moria and lothlorien. It should have been a true two faction game that embraced PVP. The first expansion should have been focused on Rohan, the second focused on gondor and the third on the battle in mordor.

What we got was a joke and it failed because of poor design.

I haven't a clue where to put this.. it sorta belongs here as it shows the dumbing down of the game perhaps.

From Cirgellion:

Hytbold gear is raid gear.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?510660-Can-some-instances-be-duo-d&p=6833191#post6833191

Say whaaaaaaaa? Armor that is obtained completely solo is now raid gear. Armor you obtain completely solo makes you overgeared.

My head hurts from all these facepalms.

I haven't a clue where to put this.. it sorta belongs here as it shows the dumbing down of the game perhaps.

From Cirgellion:

http://forums.lotro....191#post6833191

Say whaaaaaaaa? Armor that is obtained completely solo is now raid gear. Armor you obtain completely solo makes you overgeared.

My head hurts from all these facepalms.

Check your source, Lothirieth - you know better than to cite Cirgellon and expect any sort of logic. ;)