LOTROCommunity
Altreg01

Are you kidding me?

You can set up a F2P account with different details to your game account just for forum posting if you are worried.

There's an idea. :)

Seems like alot of work though. Think I'm gonna pass for now.

Well, according to Celestrata, it was insulting and offensive to say they haven't been doing a good job (i.e. telling the truth). I checked before I was banned and Celestrata had made a total of 15 posts since the start of December. Good job my ass. I made 70 in that same time. Where was my damn thread?!

Well... she may have found it insulting but it still wasn't a personal attack. As a CM, she needs to be able to take that kind of stuff. No, it's not pleasant, but it's her job. Criticism does not always = personal attack and I find it really frustrating when people assert that it does.

You were telling the truth. They've talked very little, have given very little help and some blue names have been downright rude. The complaints about customer service are multiplying. I've never seen the forums as negative as they are now.

Guys isn't she a hairy he with women make up ? ( don't want to offend anyone just normal question , I saw some hairy guy with women make up on youtube speaking for Turbine for some LOTRO update )

I don't know why mmo's are failing nowdays, expecially CMs and CSs , getting a feeling nobody will do that job anymore and they just hire anyone from the street or do what EA did just outsource CS to India and give job to people who didn't had any contact with the game. Having good CMs and CSs is having good PR and even if you game isn't so good having those two things will make people stay with your game.

Guys isn't she a hairy he with women make up ? ( don't want to offend anyone just normal question , I saw some hairy guy with women make up on youtube speaking for Turbine for some LOTRO update )

No.

It's easy to confuse several things here.

Gender Dysphoria (formerly referred to as Gender Identity Disorder, or GID) is a recognized physchological condition in which the individual does not identify with the gender as which they were born, and often undergoes medical intervention to "correct" the situation. Celestrata has been diagnosed with this condition, and is currently on hormone therapy to feminize her appearance. In fact, gender is not so binary as we would like to believe; there are many recognized birth defects involving gender, including Intersexualism, wherein the gender of a person cannot be clearly defined at birth (often requiring DNA tests to verify the correct gender). Also, it's not proper to refer to these people as hermaphrodites, which is the accurately defined as the presence of both male and female sexual organs (which can also occur in humans, and often has similar results as intersexualism).

Transvestites or cross-dressers are people who "perform" as members of the opposite gender. While some of these people do so as a result of Gender Dysphoria, many often do not have any physiological or psychological reason to do so. They simply enjoy the act of dressing differently.

Neither Gender Dysphoria or Cross-dressing has anything to do with sexual orientation, which is the person's preference for which gender they seek for intimate relationships (not necessarily sexual relationships). However, many people with Gender Dysphoria assume they are homosexual, because their condition often expresses itself in an attraction to people of their own gender. Gender, gender expression, and sexual orientation are very complex topics with very complex interactions.

It does quite a disservice to Celestrata to dismiss her as some kind of deviant "hairy he" in a dress.

• Upvote 1

I would steer clear of that topic, mate. It's a can of worms that has been opened before and tends not to end well. Celestrata refers to herself as a woman, and would prefer to be addressed in that way. That's all we need to know, and the intricacies of her gender, or anything else about her personal life, are irrelevant.

Whether you respect her or not, everyone should extend her the courtesy of addressing her in that way out of basic human decency. If a person refuses to do so, all they really achieve is to lower the platform from which they themselves argue.

People dislike Celestrata because of what she does in relation to LOTRO, nothing more. Anything about what she does beyond that should be completely off limits, and rightly so.

• Upvote 1

I would steer clear of that topic, mate. It's a can of worms that has been opened before and tends not to end well. Celestrata refers to herself as a woman, and would prefer to be addressed in that way. That's all we need to know, and the intricacies of her gender, or anything else about her personal life, are irrelevant.

Whether you respect her or not, everyone should extend her the courtesy of addressing her in that way out of basic human decency. If a person refuses to do so, all they really achieve is to lower the platform from which they themselves argue.

People dislike Celestrata because of what she does in relation to LOTRO, nothing more. Anything about what she does beyond that should be completely off limits, and rightly so.

This a million times.

Well said.

You wanna see a hairy man in make up, you should see me in a murder mystery game. Tara Fara-Bucktooth has been known to make male players blush... and not just because I sit cross-legged in a dress.

Celestrata refers to herself as a woman, and would prefer to be addressed in that way.

My one and only post on this. I refuse to address him the way he prefers, its called respect. He has zero respect from me or my family. Respect is earned and not given, and he has earned none. Ive tried many times in a civil tone to try and have the rediculouse bans of both my and my wife over turned only to be met with a condescending tone and threats to ban my game account. If he wants to earn my respect he knows who I am and where to find me. I will never refer to him in the somewhat rude manner mentioned above, but he is light years away from earning my respect in order to be called a she as he would like.

For the record Im an extremely liberal person with more gay friends and family than I can count, Ive even had the privilege to go to a gay wedding and had a great time.

Lets get this back on topic on to how shitty he is at his job, and not his gender identity disorder.

I'm fine with critizing their performance in their jobs, but I just don't feel that this sort of comment is really a good way to represent ourselves.

/signed.

Personal attacks have already been outlawed by MueR.

And as JRonnie above me states, criticizing job performance is ok. Those aren't personal attacks as long as it's kept about the job and it doesn't venture down the road of personal attacks.

Aaaaaaand that's it, folks. Jumping on the f'ing bandwagon about this topic ain't helping. Closed. Period.