LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat

Glowies that don't

Sometimes glowies just don't glow. You know there's something there you can interact with but the game won't let you. Two deed quests that I know are frequently affected by this are the Dunedain artifacts and the Flowers of the Old Forest, both in Bree Land.

The simple solution is to stand beside one of those non-glowy items and log out. Shut the client down completely. Then log back in and usually the glowie is doing it's thing again. Obviously something is sometimes a bit screwy between the server and client when it comes to these.

This is probably old news to most of the long term players here but it was ages before I learned about it. Had a problem with this and it wasn't till I posted the solution on the CM forums (after much searching around on the internet) that people popped up and said "Oh yeah, that happens a lot!" Well thanks for telling me earlier, I thought. So, posting it here just in case it helps someone...

Yeah, it seems to happen on all non-Man alts I have that's been doing the History of the Dunedain deed lately.

There's usually one glowing somewhere tho to start it, I tend to ride around til I find one that does.

Will keep this solution in mind for my next alt tho!

For the flowers deed there is an easier solution if you are high level enough, just kill a tree and you will be able to interact with the flowers.

Never had a problem with the Dunedain artifacts, so can't offer a solution there.

Wasn't this the problem in Angmar as well, when you're trying to get a stone heart from one of the fallen guardian statues? A glowing clicky that don't click? I seem to recall having ran into this once, and while a GM fixed it for me, I think he said a log-out works there too.

For the flowers, just kill something nearby. Any mob will do. Then all of the flowers will "light up." I've had to do this a few times in the old forest.