LOTROCommunity

Wardens back to Agility >;(

Im wondering if this was even well thought out or if its purely store driven. I currently have 3 store bought might tomes that I have purchased with my VIP points, Im wondering if there will be a refund or conversion.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you effing kidding me? I never leveled my Cappy from 65 because I didn't want to rebuild her from scratch. I always built for heals so I capped vit/fate/will. This will piss off a lot of people, Wardens already were the red headed step-children of LOTRO and this just drives that point home.

Wardens were agility up until Isengard, then changed to might, and now back to agility. Make up your minds dumfuqs.

With my DPS gear on, I have ~2400 might and ~200 agi. Yes some items will be auto converted but I bet it wont even be close to that after the change.

AGI should have been the stat from the start, I said it when they made the change, it just makes sense. 3 light armor classes, all with will as main stat. 3 heavy armor classes all with might as main stat. 3 medium armor classes 2 with AGI, 1 with might as main stat. No one at turbine could look at that and see it's not copacetic?

That is fine for me.

I have to main chars: My captain and my warden. Both are top equipped and while I am disappointed about the fact that I can trash the might-based jewellery I prefer agility for the warden.

Most time I play the warden in the ettenmoors as a tactical debuffer and damage dealer with a group. With his ability to debuff the heal of a target by 50% the warden is a very good fighter in the ettenmoors. And with the switch from might to agility he will get more advantages in this role IMHO.

Hah screwing Warden players again Turbine? Not surprised at all. One of main reason I left Lotro (aside of business model and CS) was treating Warden's were receiving. It seemed like Turbine had NO IDEA how to further develop this class, was constantly screwing it in raid /dungeon bosses mechanics, etc

Is original creator of Warden class even working at Turbine still?

Additionally Warden's were most hit by trashing EU server location. I went from having ~30-40ms and 0% packet drop and lag spikes to 120-150 ms, packet drops 0,2-2.0% and lag spikes in Raids, Ettenmoors and even sometimes in "busier" moments in normal dungeons. That of course started to mess up with me building my gambits and became ultra annoying. was propably huge last straw that broke camel back

Well, it's nice to know that Turbine do something to reign in the OPness of one of their two sooper-dooper lore-breaking premium classes! :P

(Yes, I know, this is the equivalent of lobbing a pack of Tesco Horseburgers into a meeting of the local Vegan Society meeting, but I've never liked either of the premium classes, for reasons which should be obvious! ;))

Well, it's nice to know that Turbine do something to reign in the OPness of one of their two sooper-dooper lore-breaking premium classes! :P

(Yes, I know, this is the equivalent of lobbing a pack of Tesco Horseburgers into a meeting of the local Vegan Society meeting, but I've never liked either of the premium classes, for reasons which should be obvious! ;))

Wardens have been OP for a very, very short time, and just how are they lore breaking?

I never understood why people compare the warden with greek hoplites.

A classic greek hoplite is a heavily armored warrior with an heavy shield, the hoplon, and mor like the guardian. A hoplite uses a thrusting spear/sword and not a javelin.

Even later, when the greeks served as mercenaries for the persians and switched from heavy to medium armor they still didnt used javelins.

The LOTRO-warden is a warrior in a medium armor with a shield which is by far not so heavy like a hoplon.

Also he throws a javelin. So its more like a roman legionaire with his Pilum. Or like thracian peltasts.

Despite this historical comparisons why shouldnt there be warriors in middle earth who fight like the old romans? I cant see any lore breaking in the warden-class.

Again: Greek Hoplites are slow heavy infantry who are not throwing javelins but use spears - like in the image shown you posted.

The wardens in LOTRO are mobile medium infantry who are throwing javelins.

If some people inspired by this 300-fantasy-film are equipping their warden-chars like ancient greeks this does not change any facts about the combat system of the warden in game or the lore.

Again: Greek Hoplites are slow heavy infantry who are not throwing javelins but use spears - like in the image shown you posted.

The wardens in LOTRO are mobile medium infantry who are throwing javelins.

If some people inspired by this 300-fantasy-film are equipping their warden-chars like ancient greeks this does not change any facts about the combat system of the warden in game or the lore.

Think you're taking it far too seriously. Most aren't scrutinising every tiny detail when they compare wardens to hoplites. They look the same and that's enough. No point arguing against it because maybe they had different sandles or some such trivial thing.

I just reported you for going off topic, the Sap™ will be here shortly to ban your forums, game, and checking accounts for the rest of eternity.

Of course he wouldnt do that, he never oversteps his bounds, hes the definition of fairness and wrote the book on being unbiased.

Weren't March Wardens mentioned in LOTR? I know I never read about Minstrels wielding Therobos and Lutes and healing the troops, so which is more lore breaking, Minstrels or Wardens?

And please don't compare Wardens to Spartans just because turbine lacks imagination in armor design. My Warden has the appearance of a Ranger.

And please don't compare Wardens to Spartans just because turbine lacks imagination in armor design. My Warden has the appearance of a Ranger.

Mine also was dressed more like a Ranger. Hardly ever used spears too, I was usually wielding a sword (Human race bonus, plus no annoying random bleeds). Personally, I think there's far more lore-breaking going on with the light classes; beams of light, fireballs and what have you.

Honestly a heck of a lot of the game is lore breaking.

The question is, how much of that was absolutely necessary ? Perma-death or never loosing a fight: not fun, you have to find a way to be killed and get rezzed, Getting heals by resting for weeks in a sheltered location: not much fun, you have to get quicker heals, and in-combat healing makes much more interesting fights. Shooting lasers and flying on eagle mounts: is that really necessary ?

Rune-keepers and wardens are in a gray area, I don't particularly mind them being in the game, but I would not mind them being out. It really just depends on your attachment to the lore.